Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am Proud of Being a Conspiracy Theorist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Post edited by bad2thebone on

They are allowed, though. This is the whole point being made.....you can say whatever the hell you want to say on here.

But equally, others can reply to you and ask why you think this, or how you can think these thoughts while also thinking other thoughts that directly contradict the first set of thoughts.

The default response to this is to start throwing the toys out of the pram, claim you're being stalked/harassed/piled on/abused etc. Sometimes, posters won't even SAY what they believe, because it's plain as day that it's a load of crap.

As I said to the other poster, if you have trouble understanding plain English, that's on your head, not mine.

I can dumb it down a little further for you, if its still too much?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I do believe Galileo was able to empirically prove his theory, and it was the "faith based" practitioners who censured him.

Galileo is as far from the CTers on this forum as possible. Take them COVID vaccines for example. Despite numerous empirically based studies and tests the CTers still maintain there is some global conspiracy to cull the population and there is some global wide omerta among doctors, politicians and journalists to cover this extermination up.

Which side do you think it's being honest and open, and which side do you think deals in misinformation, lies and deceit??

But you always bring your toy's out to play @[Deleted User] constantly posting nothing of note. You come in here to mock people. As you so eloquently try to defend your strident squall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

🤔

you missed the 3rd one..... ??? 🤣 3) "what is mocked is someone" .......

But perhaps you answered it in your reply to

Mock the post ? or Mock the poster?

You just said ""Mock the poster's abject failure at defending/explaining/outlining their beliefs".

So if a person that posts in CT forum , decides that he doesnt want to/shouldnt have to defend/explain/outline their beliefs , you will mock the poster?

Or if theres 'abject failure' to do so, you will also mock the poster ? You do realise thats not really supposed to happen?

I doubt youd do that in 'real life' / face to face ....

Also, just on the "abject failure to defend/explain/outline their belief" who decides that its a fail? Who decides that the posse of followers should then "Mock the poster" ?

You also said -

"I fully reserve the right to mock and belittle anyone who does the above. For the sake of clarity, I'm not mocking their BELIEFS, I'm mocking their dishonest METHODS of defending or promoting those beliefs. There is a difference between the two, a huge difference.

WOW -

I think you should really think about how you , and your cohort of friends , go about things online.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

You aren't making any sense. I don't have a grasp of your world view. Might I add we're indifferent.

I rest my case Mr @[Deleted User]

"If you don't want to be taken to task for talking sh1te, then the answer is to stop talking sh1te, not banning everyone who says "he's talking sh1te"."

Once again , you feel you are 'entitled' to "take people to task" for posting their opinion - Its not your job kid.

If we are talking $hite Shifty, why keep coming back? Is it a civic duty for you?

"Leaving it unchallenged" - A bit like a moral guardian , protecting the narrative, and the truth- Like a Superhero , if you will.

Very noble of you and the rest of the (why cant we) Get Along Gang ....... Beautiful.

See , you say that. But the rest of your posts are a giveaway to your true intentions........

Mocking posters, belittling them .$hite , crap ....

You just mentioned all those while saying people have to explain themselves or else face the wrath of the Gatekeeping Get Along gang....

Sounds great.......

• Advertisement

Nope, I do nothing of the sort, just more misrepresentation on your part, chief.

So if a person that posts in CT forum , decides that he doesnt want to/shouldnt have to defend/explain/outline their beliefs , you will mock the poster?

Nope. I'll mock their post where they say they can't/don't want to defend their beliefs.

Also, just on the "abject failure to defend/explain/outline their belief" who decides that its a fail?

Me. I have my own inbuilt bullsh1t-ometer, if you don't pass the sniff test......

Who decides that the posse of followers should then "Mock the poster" ?

I never said anything about a posse, you're making sh1t up.

"I fully reserve the right to mock and belittle anyone who does the above. For the sake of clarity, I'm not mocking their BELIEFS, I'm mocking their dishonest METHODS of defending or promoting those beliefs. There is a difference between the two, a huge difference.

WOW -

I think you should really think about how you , and your cohort of friends , go about things online.

Why? You're essentially telling me that I should entertain any old notion that comes up in this forum, no matter how blindingly stupid it is. I mean, there's a guy on here who says space travel and everything associated with it (including satellites) is all made up.....while posting via a media that uses satellites in geo-stationary orbit. Others think the world is flat.

Do you think these people should be championed and celebrated? Or portrayed as the fools they are?

Once again , you feel you are 'entitled' to "take people to task" for posting their opinion - Its not your job kid.

Again, nope. I don't feel entitled to anything. You're deliberately misrepresenting my words to paint me in a bad light. That is intellectually dishonest.

If we are talking $hite Shifty, why keep coming back? Is it a civic duty for you?

Nope. I find it entertaining. It's great watching someone squirm as they try to defend their poorly-thought out nonsense in the face of rampant hypocrisy and contradiction. And, as already mentioned, this kinda stuff can snowball if it takes place in an echo-chamber.

"Leaving it unchallenged" - A bit like a moral guardian , protecting the narrative, and the truth- Like a Superhero , if you will.

Nope, more fantasy Im afraid. You're putting your own spin on it, I'm afraid, even though that's nothing like what I said. The irony, of course, being that the hyper-religious have a serious overlap with the easily led idiots who swallow this sh1t.

There's a few pizza shop employees in DC who had an AR15 pointed at them who know what happens when CTs are left unchallenged. Also, a few parents of dead children who've had to move house becuase of the vitriol of gullible idiots who bought the snake-oil, maybe ask them about heroes and villains.

You haven't made any case, what are you talking about?

The only people gatekeeping anything here are the knuckle-draggers who want to be able to post any old sh1te without it being questioned.

The "question everything" crowd are extremely uneasy about having their own thoughts and processes questioned.

Funny that.

More misrepresentation. At this stage, it is quite clearly on purpose with the intent of having me sanctioned for mocking/belittling posters. I never said that's what I do, I said I reserve the right to mock their posts where they spout this crap. Like your post above. This is the fourth time I've had to explain this to you. Is English even your first language?

I have no problem whatsoever with moderation here. I don't tow the line I do the time. I'll own my shortcomings.

Now I'll ask a few questions.

Why do you think it's okay to mock posters in the conspiracy theory forum ?

Who's are the knuckle draggers ?

Why do you think calling people names is going to make a difference to a discussion ?

Answer on a postcard

"Why do you think it's okay to mock posters in the conspiracy theory forum ?"

For The 5th time, I don't. I think it's okay to mock their ham-fisted attempts at explaining/refusing to explain their beliefs.

"Who's are the knuckle draggers ?"

The People who think the world is flat, space travel is fake and/or Covid-19 is all fake and an excuse to usher in [insert CT here]

"Why do you think calling people names is going to make a difference to a discussion ?"

Exposing fraudulent/contradictory statements has merit. It shows up poorly thought out arguments for the hogwash it is. Calling out stupidity is a worthwhile endeavour, it can help others to see the hypocrisy etc when they might not otherwise have done so. This makes a difference to discussion.

Question for you:

Why do YOU think calling people names is going to make a difference to a discussion ?

I don't call people names here or suggest that people are knuckle draggers or worthy of mocking.

You do all that,then twist it into word salad.

I've seen interviews with sociopaths and psychopaths on YouTube, very interesting might I add.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

That's fair enough.

But, does it make you feel better ridiculing people when they're thinking out loud?

What do you get out of it? I'm asking you seriously. Do you think you're a noble stalwart on the globally hugely impacting boards.ie?

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

So you don't...but you do mock them?

5d chess here.

• Advertisement

Sealions, "get together gang", gatekeeper, "strident squall", and just now you're intimating that I'm a PSYCHOPATH. And that's just today. What is that, if not name-calling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

You're doing this to yourself @[Deleted User] like I said I'm digging holes and your walking into them.

You came here to mock people as you outlined then shifted the goal post.

That self awareness is inside out.

🤣🤣🤣

"Why do you think it's okay to mock posters in the conspiracy theory forum ?"

For The 5th time, I don't. I think it's okay to mock their ham-fisted attempts at explaining/refusing to explain their beliefs.

"Who's are the knuckle draggers ?"

The People who think the world is flat, space travel is fake and/or Covid-19 is all fake and an excuse to usher in [insert CT here]

Thats your replies in Bold .... ⬆️

You say that its not ok to mock posters....But people are Knuckle draggers if they think the world is flat ..........

WOW..... Do you even read your own posts before you post them!!

comedy gold.... 🤣 🤣 🤣

"Why do you think calling people names is going to make a difference to a discussion ?"

Exposing fraudulent/contradictory statements has merit. It shows up poorly thought out arguments for the hogwash it is. Calling out stupidity is a worthwhile endeavour, it can help others to see the hypocrisy etc when they might not otherwise have done so. This makes a difference to discussion.

There you go again ...Thinking you are doing a public service....

The most hypocrisy on show tonight has been your posts saying you dont abuse anyone, but its ok to mock them and/or their beliefs, and most of them are Knuckle draggers.............

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Actually, you do insult people and call them names and make baseless, unproven accusations as well as claims of data that you NEVER provide verifications for, all the time. So, again, why are you proud to be a Conspiracy Theorist, since that's what started this thread? As you typically do, it seems you actually don't care about the issue debated, but instead try to wind people up. Amiright?

If not, why are you proud to be a Conspiracy Theorist?

"Actually, you do insult people and call them names and make baseless, unproven accusations as well as claims of data that you NEVER provide verifications for, all the time. So, again, why are you proud to be a Conspiracy Theorist, since that's what started this thread? As you typically do, it seems you actually don't care about the issue debated, but instead try to wind people up. Amiright?

If not, why are you proud to be a Conspiracy Theorist?"

None of us posting started this thread as i wouldnt say im a Conspiracy Theorist.

Im a person with an interest in CT's...

A cyclist isnt just 'a cyclist - he/she is a person that cycles

A motorist is also a person that drives a vehicle.

Its not an exclusive moniker .......

If you are in here , are you proud to be a Con Theorist ? @Igotadose (couldnt quote your post for some reason?!? )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sorry, I know b2b is a CT'er. My question was directed at him.

So, you're not a CT'er but you're interested in conspiracy theories? There are plenty of posts about them, this is really about the CT'er mindset. I have an interest in CT's but am not a CT'er. You on the other hand seem to be chiming in to get in digs at the other posters, without actually offering much of anything on the subject of Conspiracy Theories or Conspiracy theorists. Are you really interested in Conspiracy Theories? If so, which ones? Because your earlier post you attribute behaviours to people you clearly don't like, just for the grins. Then, b2b, a known CT'er, chimes in with 'wait, they'll come for you next' and again, nothing about conspiracy theories.

It's not thinking out loud, but rather the lack of thinking that comes in for ridicule. Anyone can say/think what they want. But if they're shown how those words/thoughts are incorrect or inconsistent with with their other words/thoughts and they STILL keep repeating the same nonsense, then they are being ridiculous, wouldn't you agree?

And no, I don't see myself as some omnipotent arbiter of what goes on here on boards. Pointing out where others are using flawed logic can help them to see the error of their ways. Better yet, it can help me to do the same if they come back with anything worthwhile and help me to change my position on an ussue. There is a scarcity of such occurrences in the CT forum, however.

• Advertisement

He's after justifying mocking people, and he's been called out on it.

About the sealions, that's a regular thing here. And plenty of people are aware of the sealioning going on.

Whoopie do you caught me off guard, I'll own it.

I am only addressing the sealioning thing metaphorically. I don't call people names because of their beliefs or lack thereof.

He said it's justified to mock other posters.

Advertisement