Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid Weight

Options
  • 01-06-2022 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

My first day starting my covid weight loss journey. Feeling ready and excited to lose this. Currently 11st 13lbs and aiming to drop back to 9st/ 9st 7lbs. Anyone else aiming to lose the covid bulge? 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I have about 2 stone to lose too. Wish I could blame covid but I had it to lose before then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I feel the pain, so hard to keep the weight off 🙈 are you going to try lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭GoogleBot

What happens after ? Would you start gaining all back or what is the plan in terms of lifestyle, nutrition long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

I'm on this road too! Tried to buy scales yesterday in dunnes but they were sold out so not 100% sure how much I have to lose. I've been tracking my calories on myfitnesspal the last few weeks to just be conscious of what I'm eating more than anything else. I've no interest in doing some fad diet I can't sustain!

What is your plan?

My plan is to stick to a 1200 calorie diet and go for a 30/40 minute walk most days, in the past I would have tried to stay on 1200 calories only to eventually gain the weight again but this time when I get to my goal weight I'll stick to a more realistic 1800 calories for maintenance

• Advertisement

They might have a scales in tesco or argos if they're near by you, though it depends on how much you're willing to spend. My fitnesspal is good, do you find it helpful? I have no space on my phone for another app so I just use my phone notepad to take note. You're dead right, In the past I'd go on a 1200 calorie diet and couldn't sustain it for the long run. So this time I'm going on a 1200 calorie diet trying to eat more nutritional foods and walk for 30/40 mins most days, and then when I get to my goal weight, I'll eat an 1800 kcal diet to maintain the weight n keep up the walking and hopefully it'll be a bit more realistic to stay with it.

Yes

Oh yes. Definitely. My plan is back to weekly weigh ins and trying to cut out any crap food. Food is my problem!! Probably aiming for 1500 to 1700 calories a day. I'd prefer to loose slow and steady and hope to sustain for longer then.

That sounds very sensible, wishing you the best of luck with it 🌟🌟🌟If my approach doesn't work this time round, I'll be opting for the slow and steady approach next time. Finding myself watching my 600lb life as motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Covid weight/Covid Bulge..!!!!

I've heard it all now.

Contact Claire Byrne maybe, she's runnung out of dramatic storylines.

Or Luke "the fraudster" O'Neill.

Well it's more like the work from home weight than covid weight I suppose!!

• Advertisement

Yay 2lbs lost, whoop! Just another 32lbs to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Don't worry folks....I've found all the weight that ye want to lose...if ye pm me I can arrange to give it back to ye....

If only it was that easy sob sob ...

😆 If only it were easy, but I'm so looking forward to the end of the summer when I'll be close to goal

Do you have much you'd like to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm a bloke and I was always ....well built...as in I can carry 15 stone very well...but put 4 stone on over the last 2 years...so 4 stone......but I've probably put 2lbs on already this morning lol lol

Ah well it is the bank holiday weekend so ya have to enjoy yourself too. I have 2 - 3 st to lose so just about feel your pain. Once you get in the mindset it def helps, forcing ourselves into it usually doesn't

Well done on the -2lbs. I will weight in the morning as my baseline and see how I go.

Thanks, let us know how you get on and best of luck 🌟🌟🌟

Whoop, almost half a stone loss at 11st 8lbs, happy days! Aiming to be 10st 8lbs by the end of July, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nardeant

These are great results congratulations

• Advertisement

Well done. I didn't lose this week but at least I am weighing again.

Thanks 😊Good on you for getting started. Hopefully the weight will start dropping off you soon 🤞Are you surprised/not surprised by your starting weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I signed up to Bodyslims in April having tried Slimming World a few years ago and not being all that impressed. I was 10 stone 7 and as I'm only 5 feet 1 I was definitely overweight. I'm now down to 9 13 so heading in the right direction. I eat 1200 calories a day and walk for an hour every day too, as advised by Bodyslims. A friend who I've known for 40 years, and was terribly overweight for all of that time, has lost six and a half stones in a year with Bodyslims.

All I needed was a push in the right direction!

Good on you and your friend, it can be so hard to find the motivation at times. Do you want to lose much more or do you have a goal in mind? How long did it take you to lose the 8lbs?

I wasn't surprised to be honest. My starting weight is about half a stone heavier than the last time I weighed and I was not behaving well. I am also not surprised I didn't lose this week but will do better. I even brought in my own lunch today for work.

Are you going to weigh once a week?

At least you can reflect and see why there wasn't a loss. Good on you for bringing in your lunch! 💪 Yup once a week, seeing the weekly progress helps keep me motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I'd like to be 9 stone or a bit under. It took about 5 weeks to lose the 8lbs. That was me following the calorie guidelines, but I've only started seriously walking in the last three or four weeks or so, and I was still having a drink a few nights a week. Lots of empty calories in wine! I've cut that out for the most part now. I think I might have lost more if I had been very strict from day one.

If I can get to 9 stone 7 in the nest 5 or 6 weeks I'll be happy enough. I don't mind the figures on the scales - it's not being able to fit into my clothes that bothers me!

Good on you 💪 I'm not a big wine person, however chocolate is a different story 😍🥰 it sounds like you're flying it, with the way you're going, you'll be at goal in no time 🌟 yeah definitely, I have wardrobes and floordrobes of clothes I can't get into but some clothes are starting to fit me again, happy days! Would love to confidently wear a pair of shorts for the summer but don't think it'll be happening til I reach the 9s

Another 2lbs down, so about 11 and a half now, can't wait to get to 9 and a half 😱 wish it was tomorrow 😆 sorting through my clothes and more than 80% don't fit me right now, so can't wait to get bk into them again!

• Advertisement

Well done!!! You are doing so well. I'm weighing on Tuesday.

Advertisement