Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is burger kings problem?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Is this thread about toilets or service or food or O’Connell street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

A door code will not stop people.

In McDonalds, Grafton street, Ive seen a 2 footer outside the door of the jacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

I'd say it's not just about junkies but could also be to do with insurance to stop people pouring water on the floor and then saying they slipped and looking for a few thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Trouble. generally. I've never heard of a fecking "toilet policy" but in that place even if you don't have any hassle yourself you are far more likely to see some shenanigans kicking off than in another Burker King elsewhere in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

No need to moderate. This is after hours. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

I assume you mean a two foot log? Impressive. 🪵

Was it a Yule log by any chance?

It's grand, the op is dosed up now. Burger forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Imagine you had paid for a meal deal and went to use the loo and found you couldn't because some cheapskate walked in off the street and got there before you.

Paying customers should get right of way here, not chancers in off the street, a street notorious where scum loiter around and cause hassle.

You had experience of this happening before and therefore should of been smart enough to prevent it happening again by ordering something, anything in advance, and then going to the loo, but you choose not to.

Burger King won't miss your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Wow u are really going all out to defend BK, how many shares do you have?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

should of been...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Go in order a burger with no onions or something and buy yourself some time and go to the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Go to mcdonalds, make an order. Hold onto to the order form, show it to the security guy if you are stopped on the way to the bathroom.. I understand they want to reserve the toilets for customers, not random passers by. If I go to burger King I always order first, and then go to the bathroom, if I need to. No need to carry food into the bathroom

I think the policy is correct , otherwise there'd be constant crowd of people just going into use the bathroom

I don't know if its really anything to do with drug users

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You’re correct: It’s nothing to do with drugs users. It’s to do with not allowing a free for all to use their toilet facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I walked in to Shannahans On The Green last night and the Maitre d stopped me. I told him I wanted to use the loo and then i would get a table and order. I was asked to leave.

This practice is spreading!

Real amateur hour stuff to be using the privies in a fast food restaurant to go for a Donald. The Gresham and Arnotts are within a few minutes walk, and if you aren’t touching cloth then you’ve the top class facilities available in the Westbury and Brown Thomas within 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Nothing new, cafes restaurants fast food joints do not want random people just going in to use the toilet. It makes sense to me. The security guard is doing his job

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

need to re-edit the title of the thread OP -

what is 'Burger king on O Connell street in Dublin' problem

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Add to that M&S Henry Street, Jervis Shopping Centre, Ilac Centre all have public toilets where you do not need to be a paying customer. Possibly Dunnes Henry Street top floor as well near the cafe but you might need to be a cafe customer for those, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Be careful of using the M&S Mary Street facilities.

Known for some unsavoury behaviour.

“A public toilet in a busy Dublin city centre department store was placed under Garda surveillance after it became a known spot for men to engage in public sex acts, a court has heard.”

• Registered Users Posts: 23 eltoorock

They should put up a sign instead of expecting the security guard to bark at people every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Burger king in cork have done the same thing recently need to show receipt to use the toilets,junkies causing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fast food restaurants in France now and for a while have a code for the toilet door that is printed on the receipt that they give customers… code changes daily….maybe terror related but when I lived there I’d stop into the local McDonalds on the way home on a Friday , not interested in cooking, being tired but if I went to use the toilet there would often be a homeless person washing themselves in the sink… pissed drunk, making a mess of everything and everywhere…. So I’d say that’s the primary reason not to have homeless people, junkies or whomever in there…not a blanket criticism against homeless people but many do have mental health issues and if you run a restaurant it’s for paying patrons and everyone deserves to feel safe..

kid aged 11 say with his mother eating a McDonald’s , goes alone to the bathroom… it’s good to know he’s not going to meet any unsavoury dîckhead in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

You heard that from Harry Hill, didn’t you ?

Advertisement