Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Rates for Microgeneration Exports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

Anyone know the latest rates that the providers are paying for microgeneration?

Pinergy say "25c (ex VAT) payment per kWh exported".

Some providers dont say if there rate includes or excludes vat, so hard to know which is the best?

Energia say "Energia will increase its clean export guarantee (CEG) payment rate to 24c per kWh, effective from 14th September 2023."

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭curioustony

@ronanb78 Nice to see Energia revising rates. Where did you find that?

Here is a table from a while ago for the others

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ronanb78

its on their website

Energia Customer Notice

Energia will increase its clean export guarantee (CEG) payment rate to 24c per kWh, effective from 14th September 2023.

This new rate will be applied to all eligible customers with registered microgeneration installations in line with their current billing cycle from the effective date above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭DC999

Btw. You only get paid on a smart meter (don't need to be on a smart tariff). Or on a D/N on 'deemed export' - and that is ending AFAIK as smart meters are available. Not paid on a 24hr meter. All these have been confirmed by CRU.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

Anyone receive a call from their supplier re FIT ending? I received a call yesterday from Energia advising that my deemed export would soon stop unless i took a smart meter. Im currently on non-smart, day-night meter and she advised i need to take a smart meter or else the FIT I receive from my PV panels would cease!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭con747

I think most if not all suppliers are saying that now, not sure what can be done about it though. The CRU are beyond useless so people need to be asking why they get no payment while waiting on a smart meter to be fitted which could take months even if you wanted one.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Just wondering did you say you didn't want a smart meter or are you just on a day night and not done anything as DN doesn't qualify yet

I advised previously i didnt want a smart meter as Id lose D/N rates if i took one .......

That's the reason so, refusal means they can just not pay you the deemed FIT. I have seen others getting letters though that didn't refuse a smart meter saying the FIT won't be paid after September so I think it's on the way for day/night meters all round.

Being pedantic, I did say actually say I wasnt refusing but i would only take a Smart meter capable of handling D/N tariffs. I would not take one of the original Smart meters as that would mean losing D/N rates. So will try hold that line, as I gather there are new meters coming out capable of working with D/N rates?

• Advertisement

In September day/night supposedly rolling out that's why suppliers are pushing that line now, best bet is get onto them and get it asap and hopefully they just pay you the FIT from install date.

Yeah it's the being put on the "I don't want a smart meter list" DN meters will be eligible "soon" in Sept when they start to roll them out

You will be able to stay on a DN plan as esb networks can't change your tariff

I received below from Energia today, so sounds like a viable solution!

Hello XXXXX,   

We called recently in regards to the planned day/night meter exchange to smart meters by ESBN. You voiced your concerns in the new smart meters day and night capacity. We have been advised that the new smart meter included in this roll out will be a smart meter configured in Day/Night mode and so will have the same functionality of your current meter. You can find out more about Smart Meters here: www.esbnetworks.ie/smartmeter

Should you require further clarification on the meter specification you can contact ESB on 1800 928 123 or 353 01 6985005. In addition, you can remain on your Day/Night Tariff as is, even if there a smart meter is installed until your contract expires at which point you will have the option of a smart meter tariff in renewal discussions. If you want to be included in the Smart Meter roll out please contact us on 0818 405 45 Option 3 and our retentions team would be happy to discuss smart tariffs and unit rates available on Option 2.

This will need to be done by 31st August 2023 to ensure there is no interruption to your microgen CEG payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Wegian

An updated list from my review of supplier websites today:

In case anyone else in similar position ......... new Smart meter installed today. As per my previous posts here, I'd requested one that was capable of day/night configuration and that was installed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Just got an email from Flo gas to say they are dropping the FIT rates in November to 20c/kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Dear Customer, As a Flogas customer currently in receipt of export credits for excess electricity that you are exporting to the grid, we are writing to advise of an upcoming change to our export tariff rate. When customers became eligible to receive export credits in February 2022, Flogas offered a rate of €0.22 per kWh (exc. VAT) with a guarantee that rate would apply until at least 1 March 2023. We continued to provide you with that rate beyond that date but from 6 November 2023, our export tariff rate will reduce to €0.185 per kWh (exc. VAT), €0.202 per kWh (inc. VAT at current rate of 9%). Our Terms and Conditions for Microgeneration are available on our website, in which we commit to providing you with at least 30 days’ notice of any export rate change. Any export that you generate up to 5 November 2023 will be credited at the existing €0.22 per kWh (exc. VAT) and any export after that date will be credited at the new rate. If you have any queries in relation to the above please contact us on 041 214 9500 or at customersupport@flogas.ie. Kind Regards, Flogas Customer Support Team.

Damn 😭

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

The other rises from the other companies did surprise me, because wholesale rates were dropping.

Flogas has really played the Uno reverse card lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Got the same notice. It makes 24c export down to 20-21 inc vat. Just reduces the profit on export load shifting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

with 20% lossses in and out, it questions charging batteries at night rate and selling during the day, it's still profitable but less attractive (on Flogas Community plan)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I am on a D/N tariff and received a letter saying a smart meter is coming from Autumn.

Will I sit tight or try to push for quicker install?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,446 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So assuming new rate of 21c inc vat for export and 13.5c import, even allowing for 20% losses from storing and exporting, it makes it 3c approx per kWh profit. Not as good as before, probably not worth hassle for a few kWh here and there but at least it means if you're exporting you get paid for it. If I send say 30kWh to the grid that's nearly a euro a day in export profit alone, which covers the standing charge

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think given the time of year and constant gloom the days of exporting are pretty much finished until late March 24

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

FIT was inevitably always going to be reduced. Hopefully other companies dont follow suit, but no doubt they will.

Gonna go and do some math.

Gonna park the charge at night and discharge batteries, as I dont think the margin is there on flogas right now.

But what is better though, charge the batteries enough to cover your day use and capture any excess for tomorrow/tonight.

I have some numbers from the start of the year when i was doing something similar, charging to full and diverting the excess to heating. but that was on energia ev rate... I'll get back to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,877 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

FWIW I hit my deemed export calculator to see the difference between the export rates with Flogas

This is all with a 6kW inverter

Old, €397.35 per year (€33.11 per month)

New, €334.44 per year (€27.87 per month)

Difference is €62.91 (€5.24 per month)

I don't like being paid less 😡

I'm still doing better than Energia for now since I'm on the BWG offer. Got a ways to go on contract so we'll see what's happening next year

Incidentally, if anyone wants a lazy way to see the effect to their deemed export, divide the numbers above by 6 and then multiply by your inverter power rating

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

At flo gas community rates, and 21 cent fit. 33.37 day, 14.47 night, (inc vat), I was charging to full in jan but not in February.

Jan numbers, Heat divert : 48 kwh, €10 euro

If i wasnt charging to full, and put that into the battery, 48kwh in, would only get 38kwh out after losses. but that would save 12 euro.

It is better to charge your batteries, for use during the day rate than charging to full and exporting.

But better to export than divert to HW,

Advertisement