Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

Hi there, were you 55 on the open or interdepartmental? Thanks for the update! Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I recieved an EOI for Offaly also, 26 Interdepartmental and 59 Open, I thought it was the Inter one until I saw your comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

Open. Not going to take it, going to hold out in hope that my first choice county, Westmeath, comes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

any word on monaghan ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 monaghan2022

If you email info@publicjobs.ie they will let you know it was 4 open 2 inter when I asked in September

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shkyboy123

Received EOI and my OOM was 499, anybody and little tips before my interview? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

How long after confirming your expression of interest does an interview usually follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

Hi has anyone heard of any movement on the Meath panel. I have two numbers one in the 40s other in the 20s abd have heard nothing. I turned down the expression of interest for Dublin a few months ago in favour of Meath but have heard nothing yet. I look back on the posts on here and can’t see anyone mentioning Meath

So, I am planning to turn down EOI for Offaly in favour of my preferred location, Westmeath, and not sure if I am making a right decision. Westmeath panel has hardly moved. They are still only on 4 open and 3 inter.

You'd think with a couple of big departments, it will move a good bit faster 😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I would take Offaly and them apply for mobility. Laois is my first choice but it's not moving...AT ALL. So I've accepted the EOI for Offaly and will apply for mobility. Again :) If, of course, the interview goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I will be in the same boat as you soon I think. Am in the 70's for Offaly and will probably turn it down I'm favour of Westmeath....its mad how low oom it is at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Any update on Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Swanladyy

Does anyone know what # they called up to for Offaly this time?? I’m in 40’s interdepartmental & hoping to be called soon 🙏🏻

Err

@Cazita what number roughly are you in Westmeath? They do have quite large departments!! I would base it off your OOM, because it’s only early days in the comp & there’s still 1.5 years left!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shkyboy123

How long after giving your EOI do you generally have to wait before an interview, I gave mine over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Update: had my interview (for Dublin) this morning and kind of winged it.

The panel were nice enough and interrupted me here and there a bit, encouraging me to give specific examples. I'm not sure how it went but I'm not terribly confident.

Now for the agonising wait! Probably will be after Xmas now 😓😓

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kerrylad91

Has anyone been called recently regarding clearance for the Cork open competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

FYI, I have got my date for interview in Jan 2023. Does anyone know if I have to fill out another application form as the one I originally applied with just had my personal details and work experience, no competencies or anything extra in it.

Also if anyone has any information about interviews they could share I would really appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Hello, did you have to fill out any extra forms once you got confirmation of your interview? I presume its competency based interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

No just the personal details and employment & education history form.

Yes they ask questions based on the EO competencies. They usually say "now we're moving on to X competency" and ask questions related to that competency.

Towards the beginning of this thread there's a longish post full of examples of questions under each competency that somebody posted. And genuinely, they asked questions that were in that so definitely familiarise yourself with them.

I am hoping it will move faster after Christmas. Seems to be that's what happened with other counties. For ages it looked like Dublin was the only panel moving... 

I simply can't believe Westmeath doesn't have that many EO vacancies, DoE alone is huge and then there's Revenue etc. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Has anyone heard anything about the Irish stream? I emailed PAS but haven't got a reply as yet.

TIA x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Piddlenator

Hiya. I'm 5th for Galway panel. I got an EOI request last Friday. Deadline to express interest was 2pm Monday. Got notification today that I have an interview in early January. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Stranger Things

Hi Guys,

Reading the qualifications needed it says "to be eligible for consideration, a candidate must satisfy all of the following requirements:"

Then it says have obtained a minimum Level 7 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications, or have obtained in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination or be serving as a Civil Servant with at least two years’ service. and 2. Demonstrate the competencies set out in Appendix. Do I have to have it all done, or just one out demands? It asks for the correct Leaving Cert Results, Correct College Degree Level, and 2 years of experience.

If I have to have the correct leaving results. Is an H7 in Irish, H5 English, O5 Maths, H4 Geography, H6 Classical Studies, H4 Art, H7 Biology okay?? I have a level 8 degree anyways but just in case.

have obtained in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination a minimum of Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level in Mathematics and Irish or English, having obtained a minimum of Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) in at least five subjects at a Higher level; or hold a qualification, that in the opinion of the Public Appointments Service, is of a standard in terms of both level and volume of learning that is of at least an equivalent or higher standard; i.e a qualification that is equal to a full Level 5 Major award or above on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) National Framework of Qualifications. Please see a guidance document on how to ensure you have the correct qualification prior to the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭apkmbarry

You need to read it as a whole. There's two parts, everything there is the first part, with OR between them all. So long as you satisfy one, you're fine.

The second part is the competencies which will be determined at interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭apkmbarry

Any idea of where the post is? I've scrolled through all pages and I can't see it. No problem if not, but wanting to give myself the best chance :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I enquired a couple of weeks ago and was told that clearance would be starting for wexford this week. is there likely to be job offers before Christmas?

Advertisement