Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

In fairness to LI and EPCR, the combination of the World Cup and the absolutely Baltic weather meant a bumper crowd wasn't going to happen. Not sure Montpellier are a big draw either.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

London irish hardly ever fill the brentford stadium anyway, their average attendances are 8.5 K in a capacity of 17K

So a late kick off friday night in a freezing west london was always going to struggle for numbers.

i wonder what the official attendance was?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

So first in the URC v Second in the Top 14. A clash to wet the appetite for Rugby fans. A showcase fixture at 1.00pm on a Saturday.

You wonder if they want this competition to fail at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I think this would have had a later KO but for soccer WC. Even a 5.30pm KO would overlap with the England/France WC game.

Castres vs Exeter at 8.00pm clashes with England vs France and I guess will suffer both with attendance and viewing figures as a result.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, Castres begged them to reschedule but the EPCR were having none of it.

For the Racing Leinster game what time would you hold it that would allow fans to travel to Le Havre and back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

*****BT Sport deal*

I just browsed the upgrade cost for BT Sports on my Sky package and was offered a €5 for 6 Months deal, with a €5 discount on my regular Sky combined account, so the Upgrade was a net €0 for that 6 month period.

Get on it!

Do you honestly believe that any live sports event give a monkey about fans travelling?

I'd be surprised if organisers didn't want fans at the match, yes.

Leinster adapting what Ireland have been looking to do.

Absolute bullies, outmuscled Racing and forced Russell into his shallow skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Sharks up v quins!

• Advertisement

I didn't say that did I? Television calls the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Thats a red card for me

Clermont v stormers is going to be epically wild

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I love it. A French club team versus a saffer club team in the Heineken Cup.

I don't know what you're saying then. Maybe make it clearer?

What I'm saying is the organisers and the TV companies couldn't give a damn about Leinster fans travel plans. They have no interest.

The same as all the fans travelling tomorrow.

Ok, but I was talking about Racing fans travelling the 4 hour return journey to Le Havre and back in time to watch the soccer. If the match was on any later a lot of them wouldn't have gone.

Do you honestly think the ko time was anything to do with the Soccer World Cup?

Anyway I'm out.

Q

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

LAR 46-0 up on Northampton and half an hour still to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Northampton are so bad.... Racing levels of bad today....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This format is pretty confusing

Northampton in the same group as Munster, Toulouse but only play Munster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

12 teams in a group and you play only 2 of them (home and away) to get 4 games.

Not sure about the way fixtures are done. Munster are the 3rd seed team from the URC in their group. As such they play the 2nd seed teams from France and England in their group.

Seeding based on league finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

There are two pools of 12 teams. Each team only play against 2 teams in that pool. They play home and away. That's the 4 pool games. The top 8 in each pool go into the final 16.

It sounds more confusing than it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

yeah but could be worse. basically its 2 groups of 12. everyone plays 2 teams home and away. both opponents will be from one of the other 2 leagues

each team is seeded based on their league position last year which determines who you play in pool stage

Castres 12 v Exeter 12. Half time.

Odd game with Exeter playing with more attacking finesse and scoring two tries but due to their indiscipline Castres kick 4 penalties.

Castres look a shadow of their former selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Castres well beaten. They looked as if they wanted to watch their national soccer team on TV instead. Not surprising that there were quite a few empty seats in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Great day of rugby.

Try get a look at Bulls v Lyon if you can.

URC teams are currently eight wins from a possible nine, between Champions and Challenge Cup.

Only team to lose were Stormers away to Clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Right call there imo or else you might as well allow an endless free for all once you're in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

Dont worry, im sure the Welsh sides will change that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Having said that, Ulster really struggling. Sale look much more powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ulster have really gotten on Reynal's bad side at the ruck.

Advertisement