Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women Have the Hots for Vlodomyr Zelensky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

The brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

As a 30 something woman I can definitely see the attraction of Zelensky. He’s brave, humble, a great leader, has a lovely accent and is very easy on the eye. I certainly wouldn’t kick him out of bed.

Where anyone is getting the idea that he can be associated with toxic masculinity I have no idea. He’s the farthest thing from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

Yeah , he should have contrived to have himself blown to bits. Then he'd be the greatest kind of hero of all - a dead hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

In fairness, nobody is suggesting anything he's doing is toxic. Its just handy for some people who want to absurdly try to equate anything masculine with toxic masculinity in order to render the whole idea moot.

I've never used the term 'toxic 'masculinity' except when discussing the term itself. I don't really know what it means. I think it could have some meaning when someone tries to use traditional ideas of masculinity to exhibit toxic behaviours. Trump is a pretty good example. The puffed-up, macho idea of masculinity, bullying, aggressive lying, meeting the slightest criticism, no matter how valid, with aggression, all ego and absolutely no humility. Poundshop machismo. Some people fall for it and think it looks like genuine strength.

Zelensky doesn't seem to exhibit any of those behaviours. He wouldn't really have time as he's quite busy exhibiting some really positive behaviours as a man such as; standing up against an aggressor, defending the people he's in charge of defending and not making it all about himself.

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

@FintanMcluskey - Same in everyday life, women love a "hero" who can fill them with absolute ****.

I wonder what's the word you've asterisked out. I've an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭boardise

We've sure seen plenty of that around these parts . For many decades Irish people ascribed inadequacies in our socioeconomic performance to something the British did many moons ago . Now Johnson and the Tory Eurosceptics try to deflect blame for their screw-ups to the machinations of the EU. These tired old tropes die hard and the politically gullible always fall for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AttractiveAndSingle

It might surprise you OP but women are not a homogeneous blob that all like and show interest in the same things. Bit patronising and old fashioned to be honest. Take a look at yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AttractiveAndSingle

Plus the dude is a manlet. Are you also a five-footer OP? Might explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Yeah much better to send your underlings out to be killed. That is real bravery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

From people who don't understand what toxic masculinity is.

Women are 100% are influenced by a man's prestige/wealth etc. Men are in no way similar and don't judge women based on their social status(we would on things like if they've kids etc which women also do).

Most Irish women wouldn't pass him a second look if he was packing shelves in Aldi.

Another who stands out to me is Peter Crouch, if he hadn't been a footballer and packed shelves in Tesco his wife wouldn't have passed him a second glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Crouch shows that height isn't everything or it is possible to be too tall/too beanpole like.

If Peter Crouch, Zelensky and Vitali Klitschko were packing shelves in Aldi, only one would have women interested in him and it wouldn't be the manlet or the beanpole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I'd wager Zelensky's got a lot more balls than you'd ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is that down to the increased radiation from Chernobyl?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lads, ye have it all wrong... it's quite simple really to understand why the average woman wants to sleep with a man who can do this:

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Would it occur to you that personality and behaviour have a lot to do with it? Maybe he's exhibiting some pretry attractive and admirable qualities over the last few month; leading his country, standing up for the people he's charged with protecting. Leading his country to resist an aggressive invasion and advocating vehemently for his cause. Successfully convincing the world to back him and send weapons, and doing it all without an apparent sense of ego or asking for appreciation.

But you seem to think its all about his status and nothing to do with behaviour or personality traits. This is incel thinking.

Post edited by El_Duderino 09 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t find him attractive but for sure I like traditional qualities in a man as well as a hint of more modern thinking and he surely embodies that. A smart man, a brave man who is defending his family and his country, a caring man, an eloquent man. These are definitely traits that I think many women would find attractive, and unfortunately are very lacking in a lot of men. Anyways, all that aside I don’t envy him the task he has before him, a hard place to be and he is aging before our eyes, poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Women attracted to money and power? Hold the front page.

• Advertisement

Comments here verging on 'if only (insert something pathetic) I'd be a lot more successful at dating the wimmins' thinking.

Putin underestimated Volodymyrs abilities and strength. Putin thought he was sparring with a kitten. What he was faced with was a roaring lion, doing everything in his power to protect his pride and territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Similar to how men are not a homogenous blob.

Yet media would have you believe “women are just not safe” from any man. Think of the Gillette add campaigns to try and inspire men to be better. **** off Gillette.

Shite media and social media where the loudest voices are assumed to be the majority is the issue. Most women feel safe and are not victims the whole time. Most men are not toxic rapists who need to try suppress their urges daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

You hardly expect him to be on the front line. Of course he is being kept safe.

His role is negotiating supplies and support from the west to win the war. He is not directing the military.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

What if ‘crouchie’ was doing the robot dance while packing the shelves? Would that sway the odds in his favour? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yogurt202

Why wouldn't they? He let all the female citizens of Ukraine leave the country and go to safety while he's holding the male citizens hostage in the country against their will and forcing them to sacrifice their lives in this war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yogurt202

He doesn't have much empathy for all the Ukrainian men that died in the war because he violated their basic human rights by holding them hostage in the country and refused to let them leave. The blood is on Zelenskyy's hands, he's a murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

This is like the Titanic movie, where the guy sacrifices his life to save the womans life

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭therapist3

Women like men who behave like men, simple.

The insecure / Feminists / Mentality deranged go on about toxic masculinity (a hateful term) because they had some issue with some guy once upon a time and are not mature enough to separate one person from all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

"Women like men who behave like men, simple." But what does that mean when the women themselves left the country. They love the men who stay and fight like men, while they escape out the back door. I understand there is a need for people with children or the elderly etc to leave, but alot of healthy single women left. Its abit of a contradiction. And never talked about in the media.

Advertisement