Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 36 match day thread. The double.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Yessss

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mo captain should have been a no-brainer as Liverpool had to go all out to try and get the wins to try and catch City for the league.

142 with Mo captain, Kev Vice captain. Could have been epic, but its still pretty good.

Saka and nketiah to go!

HEWT ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

164 points with Nketiah and saka left

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭taxdummy

Salah had little to no form and was playing a team with something to play for in Spurs. Therefor Salah was not a no-brainer - more those who went with him was due to FOMO due to the United game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Holy Christ.

Some big scores behind me in my MLs so my lead has shortened considerable and I should hit 100 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

116 (-4)

Captained Luis Diaz.

Foster and Lukaku (along with 3 defenders) the other pluses;

On a 20k green arrow to 73k with Saka to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Aye, fair play. Thanks for letting us know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Salah got 2goals and 3assists in the five games running up to the double game week and KDB looked wrecked when he came off early against Madrid which made me switch the armband to Salah. Knew the Spurs game would be difficult but the surprise for me was Salah getting rested against Villa after also being rested against Newcastle. Even with the wrong captain and leaving Bowen's 13points on the bench I'm on 103 with 4 more to play. Can't always make the correct captain call so HEWT.

No bother .It was obvious wolves and Newcastle ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Unfortunately because of Salahs ownership he's always the safe option. I wish I had the balls to drop him for Son the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Salah has a few points.last few weeks but anyone watching the games should know he's not himself and not playing at his potential .I wouldn't get rid but there's better captains out there .

One player to get rid of is Arnold imo

Biggest transfer in last week was Jesus .what a waster he is.no wonder he's off to arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

No brainer for those who don't know anything abt football- He's bate since the African nations also in a contract dispute few assists that any mid table midfielder might get 13 million for that me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Well done folks......Some seriously high scores here tonight!!.....FH for me 108 Pts with 25 on the Bench!.....TAA, Jesus and Cash the duds starting.Had KDB Captain and Mo VC.....25 points on the bench....highest I've had all Season I think!

Kulu and Saka to go.Very happy as have had a fairly steady run of improved scores since GW 20 where I was stuck at 1.2m OR after some poor luck with Captain Picks and injuries in opening half of Season..Am up to 160k now......would be delighted to finish in top 150 k.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

144 on BB. Not bad for a captain fail and not having KDB. Sterling, Mount, James, Schmeichel and Foster put in some work tonight. Saka and Nketiah still to come. Gone from 100k to 50k.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This pleases me very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

And you posted this afterwards. 🤣 so assume this is trolling?

I have him but didn't captain him and if it was a no brainer then

the overall leader (who doesn't have him) must be rubbish at this.

I got rid of salah many weeks ago for kdb but that was one of the few things that went well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Craziest FPL night in a long time.

Have seen my ML leads wiped out overnight & my rank collapse from 2k to 5.3k. Leads are literally down to less than 10 points after been 50-100 ahead. I’m on 66 for this GW

I wanted KdB but as a Liverpool I wouldn’t of got any satisfaction watching him rip it up but 4 goals.. never thought it could get that bad with so many no shows on my team.

I’ve FH next GW but I’m honestly scattered now with what to do - I had Vardy & Maddison in my prep team but they’ve gone & killed it v Norwich.

Who was your captain when you didnt bother with de bruyne for captain who was the better option in your squad in your opinion ?

• Advertisement

what do you mean theyve killed it -are you saying they wont do anything next week because of doing well this week?

I went with Jesus with kdb vice

It was a poor decision but I'm miles behind and nobody had him in my league, few had kdb

up til this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’ve never seen anything like it. I was thinking this morning that if someone had 2 transfers available and went Laporte and KDB (c) with them as opposed to say, Robbo and Salah Captain, the swing was 66 points! On two decisions!

Whilst I have no problem with lads getting their points from KDB, as he was a viable captain option, picking the top scorer in the league, playing for a side going for the title, who was rested the previous GW was hardly a mad decision. KDB (c) was certainly not a no brainer, especially for anyone who saw him v Madrid.

Of course if I was on the other side I’d be delighted but I’ve never been punished as severely in my 11 years playing for 50/50 decisions as I have this season. I can only hope I come out on the right side of them a bit more next season.

A few die hard utd fans in my league will not captain a Pool player. I'm a pool fan too but will captain any player, saying that I'm

not very good at this game either 🤣 some ridiculous scores this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't have KdB, and it's a bit of a gutter (who am I kidding, I've floated to the mighty heights of 330k in recent weeks, I don't really care). But it's those bonkers swings that happen a handful of times a season that makes the game what it is right?

Although I captained Son, so my spirit for the GW isn't entirely crushed just yet...

The less said about how my BB is going the better though! 103 (-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This has definitely been one of the more enjoyable GWs this season

Jumped from 5th to 2nd in my league last night. Only 17 pts off the top now. Been a gradual comeback as I’m pretty sure I was over 150 pts behind first not too long ago.

Need Martinelli to have a quiet night tonight to stay within touching distance

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

Best week of the season for me on 130pts with 3 to play tonight ,taking out Kane and Trent for KDB and Cancello and captaining KBD was the best decision i think i ever made in FPL still can’t believe it worked out for me 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The reason we love this game and it’s so bloody addictive is the unpredictability of it all.

I was on the right side of fortune with KDB (C) but to say it’s a no brainer is a bit much IMO.

How many times have we seen no brainers not work out or fail miserably?

The game is skill and a lot of luck at times, sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s why we love it. The game would be far easier if looking at it in hindsight.

Not saying they won’t but I don’t think a lot of people had them on their radars plus their consistency levels haven’t been great this season so I’m torn about what to do with them now

• Advertisement

I can totally get that. Ronaldo killed me many moons ago because I refused to get him & captain him for similar reasons.

i really think if I wasn’t such an avid Liverpool fan I would of brought KdB in for Salah a while ago & that’s not hindsight speaking.

I called it that those chasing should defo go KdB over Salah & similarly Ronaldo over Kane.

I’ve dropped from 2k OR to 5.5k OR overnight. I got up to 2k OR playing aggressive & taking hits. I flew clear in my ML’s. Ive I went on those 2 moves & set my ambitions higher I really could have had a serious OR - not saying I can’t still. I think the unorthodox nature of all the DGW’s allowed for an aggressive style this season

Advertisement