Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Written Examiners, 2022

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭drserious4

Anyone else get paid and were you happy? No sign here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

My relation got paid maybe two weeks ago.

235 + 235 + 235 + 900 = 1605

plus 320 * (8.60 + 6.00) = 4,672

Total for 320 x OL scripts = 6277 approx.

I have one question - what was the third 235 for?

235 for time in Athlone

235 for web conference call

Third 235??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭Grueller

Administration fee I assume. Using home as an office and the admin work involves outside of the actual marking iirc.

Is that before tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I still haven't been paid, and no impending payment for me is showing up on Revenue's My Account.

• Advertisement

Yes, wages are always quoted gross, as people's tax rates and credits can differ.

I face a 52% marginal tax rate (MTR), but my relation faces an approx 20% MTR.

That is one reason why I would never do this work.

52% is outrageous.

Yes.

48.5% MTR after 40k.

52% MTR after 70k approx.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I got paid yesterday. JC. Very pleased with what I got as I finally managed to arrange my credits correctly, with the help of a patient Revenue person, so was taxed at my correct rate.

'I wish to acknowledge receipt of your payment claim (Form of Account). '

Sent in FOA on 27 July, got this email just today. Anyone any idea when payment is likely to follow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tapasandtinto

Is that the first email? I think it’s 30 days after they send that email to confirm receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

That seems to be a very late acknowledgement. I sent in a form at the end of July and had the confirmation email about a week later. I wonder if you were unfortunate enough that your claim form got missed and is only being processed now

I agree with RT: that's very late. Coincidentally, I sent my claim form in on 27 July also, and got it acknowledged on 15 August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

I have not had my form acknowledged, I rarely do. They seem to do them in subject batches anyway, we all get paid the same time in my subject regardless of who sent the form in when.

I rang up SEC Financials (090 6442796) and they said I will be paid this Friday, 15 September, and my payslip breakdown of that payment will follow next Monday. So, that might be an idea for people waiting.

I had a phone call from someone from Finance this morning with a query about my claim form. So I'm hoping that means I get paid this Friday.

Got paid today, woop, woop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mnie21

Still no payment here. Didn't finish until start of August, but even so, not unusual for SEC to be so late. :(

Same here, looking forward to seeing how much I get. Corrected junior certificate subject through Irish so hopefully will add a little to the overall!

No sign here yet. 6 weeks are up Friday, so hopefully this week or next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

My payment is pending on Revenue.ie. I can't complain, although the deductions cancel out the incentives they added.

Where can you see it on Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

> Manage your tax 2023

> State Examinations Commission

You can see what information payroll has forwarded to Revenue, usually a few days before you get paid.

My money is there today.

Here’s to a good weekend!!!

I got paid. Not bad but tax is a killer.

Advertisement