Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average cost for engineer to sign off for new build.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya said you got full service Start to finish for 3800.

You left out until later in thread that someone else did the actual design work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I don’t offer these services so

I don’t offer these services so that rules me out but yes, I will call out the borderline lies.

Here’s a screenshot of your post where you said it included end to end services including the planning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Lads ye can argue all ye want but my OP was in response to the above, asking specifically about sign off.

Ye are all just pissed that someone has exposed the daylight robbery ye are getting away with. €4000 for a planning application, GTFO ye absolute charlatans.🤣🤣🤣

If anyone in the planning stage wants to PM me and ask who I'm dealing with I'm happy to share, two people already have and I've provided them with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You forgot the lie you told us and now you are talking chap to get out of it.

The fact of the matter is you didn't get design planning and certification for 3800.

That is now fact so you should clearly state that you mislead everyone here.

There are probably people pricing around now expecting to find skilled professionals to work for nothing based on your lies.

Of course we will never now get the true cost from you.

Some people expect Architects and Engineers to be in private practice and working for 100 quid per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭theboringfox

Cork city. Looking for engineer for extension. Planning in place. But engineer will do construction drawings, all compliance, site visits and bank sign off. Quotes in range of 5-9k. Big range. I find when its area outside of expertise all you can do is get two or three quotes from engineers you know others had good experience and go from there. Im looking at project and costs thatll be crazy high vs couple years ago but like I dont see it as gouging. Thats what the markets at and costs clearly rising. I actually suspect its harder to keep margins as costs rise as at certain point ppl cant or wont pay. So I dont think anyone likes this inflationary stuff but think it is a stretch to accuse ppl of gouging

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You haven’t PM’d me the details after I asked.

Mick has exposed what you actually get rather than what you posted.

The €5k plus VAT quote appears to be more comprehensive from an established firm providing comprehensive services.

I asked for your details but you didn’t send them but based on the feedback here, probably best to not send them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pay peanuts, get monkeys as the saying going.

You can get somebody to detail your whole car, inside and out. It costs a bit. Or you can get a lad to powerwash the outside for a fiver. They aren't the same job. I've no idea what industry you are in, but I'd hazard a guess that the same would apply there like it does everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

Mellor

Well said.

Totally agree with you.

Many people sitting in their Living Room - where the Sun 🌞 never shines, will know why the Garage is filled with Sunshine. Very disappointed that they cannot rotate the house.

Peanuts 🥜 and monkeys 🙈 🙊 🙉

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

Can I ask what’s the usual breakdown for payment for an engineer? All up front or at various stages? Such as drawings, planning application completed, the various site visits?

Advertisement