Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suzuki df6a 4 stroke help

Options
  • 03-04-2022 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

I will make it short

Have 2016 dfa like a new....

Today was running fine...trolling.... i stopped....i refilled the internal tank....started and trolled for 2 min and engine died.... could not start it for about 30 min...while i was rowing was on other side of lake....

Then it started hardly....but now cant go full throttle.... it start fine and hold neutral without issue but wont go full throttle... it goes maybe 75% and thats it....even on neutral it wont rev.... it will sound like trying ut it wont....

Anyone here can give me a tip ot two? What to look for please? Its serviced and was pumping water like a champ...so no overheating....

Ps: cant find what psi should be o the single cylinder.... i believe 78-93 was df6 but not sure....

I hope i didnt blow it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PopSensyDad

Never used an outboard motor but riding 4 stroke motorcycle. It sounds a typical spark plug fouling. Replace the plug, or remove and clean it with a wire brush you can try. It may be better checking the fuel cock as it occurred during fueling (not over fueled right?), and/or the carburetor thickness (air/fuel balance), and/or carb overflow as these can cause fouling. If it were blown, fully or partially, you must have heard loud metal noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

No luck there.....thank you

Oh... sorry to hear. Starting/Idling no problem but no full throttle... only I can imagine now is leakage from the spark plug socket or something happened to the carb (like a grain of dust/sand stuck in the main jet).

Anyone has more insight? I am not a professional, just a rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Had similar issue with a Yamaha 6hp. Turned out the temp sensor was fouled up. Engine would only start cold never warm. Also water or blockage in carb can make this happen as well

Never thought of sensors, thank you. Just found a parts catalogue so sharing here in case purchasing a replacement component using the parts #.

• Advertisement

My engine has no issue starting cold or warm....it struggle to rev high.... here is video running it warm

1. Video of neutral only

2. Video of running in gear

The engine starts 100% and never dies....it just cant reach high rpm and feel like it doenst wanna go.... i am lost....

Psi is about 90....which is perfect.... factory says between 58 and 102

I replaced sparkplug as well for factory one....changed oil - oil filter. No change

Thanks for the movie...?? Actually the engine sounds all right to me.

If so, not enough fuel or air goes into the engine (I still suspect a dust in the carb main jet. A grain of sand can cause it.) or a loose throttle cable. It may be a good idea to bring into a mechanic, it shouldn't cost too much as the engine sounds OK. Good luck.

If you listen carefully you can hear that it wont reach high rpm...for some reason...i cleaned the carb - its easy as cake...but issue still persist

...i ordered set of new jets to be safe....they are in transport....garage will charge arm and leg....this engines are easy to work on....just need to locate the issue....

If the jets wont cure it it may be something more serious

...maybe a valve sticking or so...

Please note choke has no effect on the rpm..... it doesnt help or makenit worse... so me thinks not fuel related....but again i will try the jets.... and then see.

Ah, sorry I didn't mean "all right" about the high RPM but the general sounding of the engine. Well good luck then.

• Advertisement

Engine is sound as a whistle....starts first pull and goes well....just cant go high rpm....

Its being currently looked into in garage. Had to source new carburetor according to them its not mechanical issue

Should.have update next week sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

had a problem on simular engine and the problem was the fuel filler cap NOT letting enough air into the petrol tank and causing a fuel starvation issue

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭delboythedub

could you test it by running the engine in yout water tank with petrol cap either loose or off and dont forget to be carefull

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭thereitisgone

I know, opening two threads on boards frowned upon, but i would definitely ask this question on the Sailing and boating thread

Many engine problems have been solved there, Fergal will probably have an idea

https://www.boards.ie/categories/sailing-boating

Did you watch the video? Was it the same?

I tried with external tank no change

Opened the cap no change

Thank you. Engine in garage....the replaced carburetor for genuine suzuki - they asked me before ordering....as they said its the most likely the issue... unfortunately no change whatsoever....but my pocket is lighter by 160e. Still in garage as we speak now

Pps: i reppsted the question there and thank uou

Post edited by Bikerguy on

Advertisement