Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Draft 20222

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Pats trading back, the one safe bet in every draft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm gutted, was hoping we'd get McDuffie but we trade out of the spot and the Chiefs take him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Happy with that pick for McDuffie. Defense again with Pick 30 hopefully.

No doubt in my mind that the Jets are the clear winners of the draft tonight, my grade for them is A+.

And I'm a Patriots fan so I don't like saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep, three good pick from them. Giants did alright too with 5 and 7. The Packers are still ignoring the WR position.

Happy with the two Chiefs picks if they weren't going to get one of the top WRs, needs have been addressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭cosatron

really like the packers picks. No wide receiver worth a first round were left on the board at 22 so strengthen the defence. Hopefully we will pick up watson or pickens today but will probably have to trade up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That was great craic. The middle of the first round from about 10-20 was just great entertainment with trades flying all over the place. The Lions absolutely fleeced the Vikings and added Jameson Williams to Aidan Hutchinson - I like what that regime are doing.

Big fan of the Patriots trading back from 21 and picking up 2 extra picks, but then they went and quickly burst that bubble by taking Strange way earlier than anyone had him going.

Interesting to see if Baker Mayfield gets traded over the weekend now. Seems Deebo won't get his move anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That Lions trade was great value, as was getting AJ for nearly the same draft capital as Hollywood, even taking into account the new contract he received.

Not sure about the Packers picks at all, as a regular NFC playoff opponent I'm happy with the route they took. In a vacuum they are good prospects but Packers have a ton of capital, it was a relatively cheap year to move up, and they dont have too many holes in their roster so rather than selecting non-premium positions where they stood they should have moved up and gotten one of the top WRs or other elite players and filled LB and DT holes on day 2 or 3.

Glad Deebo didn't get moved, the AJ Brown contract now sets a reasonable marker for him. If he truly wanted out he must be extremely angry with his agent who managed to get two of the other WRs he manages their trade with them staying quiet. It was still very tense around the 10th pick waiting to see if a trade happened.

Overall a very interesting night 1 and looking forward to some action on night 2. One note regarding the NFL media again showing themselves to be just making things up at draft time - this year claiming a trade for a WR would have to be in place well before the draft and everyone would know about it due to contracts and medicals and yet two guys get moved on draft night with not a word in advance, Hollywood even showed up to a draft party.

Breece Hall to NYJ. I know damn all about any of these draftees but seems like the Jets are killing it. Really improved their roster and put talent around Zach Wilson.

LOL.. love that guy announcing the Vikings pick! Absolute gold.

Loved the make-a-wish kid with Thibodeaux last night too.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's all very American but you can't help but love the pomp that comes with the draft.

Malik Willis could easily fall to the Lions at 46 here and, if that does happen, I think they'd be foolish to pass on him. Yes QB can be a tough one to get right but he's absolutely worth a shot at that pick. Has a much higher ceiling than Pickett imo.

EDIT: Just saw the Texans traded up. Has to be for QB..

EDIT2: Or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Viking’s pick was amazing.

Paschal is a great pick, but I don't know if he's a good pick for the Lions when Willis and Nakobe Dean were right there for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Justin Fields has a questionable line and very few targets and the Bears are stacking DBs through the draft.

Not that the picks are bad but we're doing nothing to help the kid succeed.

Jets have rely toed up.

Patriots took a big speedster in Tyquan Thornton, could be exciting.

Still only one QB off the board.

Pick 85 is Marcus Jones, not sure how he'll do as a corner in the NFL but he'll be exciting as a kick returner.

He had nine kick/punt return TDs in his college career. He averaged over 28 yards on kick returns and over 14 yards on punt returns.

He has speed, hopefully the Patriots can work on him and turn him into a solid starter on defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I like -The Baum Squad-

https://t.co/3042DFFfag

I've Linderbaum as one of the Top 5 players in the draft. Excellent prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Feel bad for Willis falling all that way down the board, must have been agonising sitting there waiting for his name to be called. The media obviously hyped him up above any assessment teams had on him but it’s still surprising that nobody took a flyer on him earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens take punter Jordan Sout from the Penn State

This surely is the end of Ravens legend Sam Koch, 16 years with the team

Sure there will be a training camp battle but you don't draft a punter that high unless you have serious intentions.

If Koch get cuts he will be missed :-( . 16 years with a team no matter what the position is noteworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The annual collection of far too early and meaningless grades on drafts

It shows how ridiculous these things are when you have Belichick and McVay as the bottom two and Shanahan also in the bottom five.

Advertisement