Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pagani Design PD 2720K

• 21-03-2022 11:10am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First post here.

Just bought one of these and it's on the way. Looks pretty good and I'm kind of glad it's not a replica or homage watch.

It has a Seiko VK67 movement and seems to be excellent value at c.€58 delivered. including a stainless steel strap.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Post edited by Henry Ford III on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No. It’s an <insert name> design original design.

• Advertisement

Tough crowd.

Any comments on the watch itself apart from brand snobbery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

One of the better low cost Chrono movements. Non servicable, I think, but can be simply replaced in case of faults.

It's a decent looking watch for the price with a proven movement. If you like the look of it, that's all that's important.

I wasn't trying to **** on it, i just thought it was a porsche homage watch, looks good to me. You seem to get a lot for your money with pagani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

€58 delivered, hard to beat that. Design seems nice, but the bracelet seems low quality from the photo, might have been better to get a leather strap

I prefer a stainless steel strap (I think it was an extra).

Some interesting videos on it on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Cd8MCyGqwuc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Great looking watch, in the pics at least. What's it like in the hand? Quartz I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Pagani design have never had an original idea, they are all low cost homage watches. 100% disposable. Not well regarded. Usually the watch is described as "good for the money" but the money is so small that the good is proportional. Seiko, Casio, Orient..better place to start watch collecting. Pagani are really fake watches just without the brand name copyright infringement so they can be sold on amazon. Sry.

Don't know yet. It hasn't arrived.

Movement is a Seiko Meca Quartz, which is a good one at this price point I think.

Fair enough but this one apparently isn't a clone or homage.

Reviews suggest that this is a lot of watch for the money. That's what I'm after.

I think Jughans Max Bill and Porsche design would think otherwise.

I had a look at both websites. I wouldn't agree with you.

There's way too much openly expressed brand snobbery here I think.

Welcome to the world of internet watch discussion⌚️😉

Hey you asked for people's thoughts, If you dont care what other people think dont ask. Or maybe its only positive thought you are after, and the warm glow of confirmation of already made purchase. Dont be slagging off the people bothered to take the time to reply. Nobody has any ill will or jealousy and we welcome all collectors at all levels on this forum. But its an honest forum,

I asked for opinion on the watch itself, and got opinions on mainly brand originality instead from a few posters including yourself. Dismissive and snobby, and mostly baseless.

My view is that for the price the combination of a good quality movement (used in watches costing up to €250 apparently), stainless steel case strap and back, decent hardlex glass, and overall finish the watch represents great value.

Comparing the brand to anything else isn't the point.

Oh right its a review of your watch you are after ok. Its an ugly big thick watch, with a awful looking poorly integrated bracelet, its poor quality stainless, most likely will hollow links and rattly which looks terrible IRL. The movement has the chrono registers too close together, its a chrono with no tach scale, The date window is in a weird position cause the watch is too big for the movement Its a 5 euro movement unworthy of praise. Hardlex glass scratches like all hell and is the cheapest of glass especially when it's so domed and thick. . The logo it too prominently displayed and is aping the porsche design logo. Its a bauhaus type design that is too heavily logo'ed and adorned to be bauhaus. In watch collecting these are called "shitters". Its also a pagani design which is the absolute dross of watches purchased by children....as a watch standing on its own its unworthy of any mans time or money. Its a cheap trinket which will instill no pride of ownership or wearing pleasure. At the price your money would be better spent elsewhere, its absolutely heinous. Vostock, Casio, Seiko all represent better value for money. Price is what you pay value is what you get.

Post edited by Fitz II on

• Advertisement

Fantastic rant 😁

It's absolutely amazing what you can tell from a picture.

1/. Ugly big thick. I didn't include the spec. Looking at it however and comparing it to other competing watches it's neither.

2/. Awful looking bracelet. You're entitled to your opinion. I actually opted for that at extra cost. Reviews have praised the bracelet, and others suggest going with a leather strap instead.

3/. Poor quality stainless. I'm calling bull on that. You couldn't possibly tell that from a photo. Many proper reviews disagree with you however.

4/. Hardlex. I'll go with this view instead....https://www.thewatchcompany.com/blog/guide-to-hardlex-crystal/#:~:text=As%20mentioned%20above%2C%20Hardlex%20crystal,like%20diving%2C%20hiking%2C%20etc.

5/. A 5 euro movement. Afraid not. The Seiko VK67 is a higher quality movement. A new one is (or was) c. €36.

Post edited by Henry Ford III on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Bloody mods are trolling now😁

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

I'll leave this here for the watch snobs...

https://youtu.be/JX1fmp6NriM

Well sounds like you have it all sussed, enjoy the watch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

60 quid? I missed that. Jaysus you can't go wrong for that money. Solid link bracelet, decent Seiko movement, seems to have a bit of heft. The crystal seems vulnerable to getting a whack with it being domed, though with a fair bit of anti reflective coating. How they can produce anything like that for the money and make a profit on it is beyond me, but clearly they do.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Had one previously , for the money, It works. Bracelet was a bit of a rattler

these are also sold on other forums like TZ,

Don’t think it deserves the bashing it got.

They serve a purpose, probably not for everyone but I would feel the same about Rolex

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

People say go for seiko/casio but in all honesty, unless I was buying a g-shock, which is a watch for a particular purpose, I'd rather go down the Chinese route. Way more choices in styles for that money. Some watches are completely terrible looking, but some great looking watches too.

I think a standard 3 handed watch would look better, but I'm biased as I never like chronos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭893bet

I don’t think it’s brand snobbery, rather an appreciation for original design and quality of construction, which these lack. The same watches come in options with the “real” brand names also, ie fakes.

Would you go to the cooking forum and ask them what they think of “insert random brand” frozen ready meal and be well received by everyone? Probably not.

For 60 quid you get a lot a “watch” but no originality. Not sure how much validation you need from others to risk that purchase.

That'd make sense if this was an homage or replica watch, which this isn't.

I'm not looking for validation to risk a purchase either - that's already done.

• Advertisement

Btw, new video from this guy, always worth a look if you're buying a watch from aliexpress

The watch arrived and it's really quite good imho.

It works perfectly, and looks and feels good too.

Thanks for the inputs folks.

p.s. I'm half tempted to buy another.

Advertisement