Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Take a -8 this week to go Cancelo, Bruno, Jay Rod to Dier, Odegaard, Kane and stick the TC on Harry. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hold firm for now anyway, Cancelo is a doubt. And I may be shifting him and James on come the weekend if Pep gives is any update. And some players may spark to life tonight or the opposite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah I get that. My thinking Is 30,31,32,33 are not really primed for Liverpool, City & Chelsea to an extent. Those GW’s are nearly half of remaining season.

Once we hit 33 we can then jump back on board.

Everton double in 29 & 32.. a forward from them could be good upside as forwards in general this season not really performing. Broja misses 30 & 32 and they don’t double.

I’ll most likely move on Trent or Robbo & Salah in the 30-33 GW window & potentially get them back. Salah To Diaz potentially

I think Spurs & Arsenal is important over the coming weeks & I only have 1. I always said I’d WC if I could benefit from then 4 changes.

James is out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

You'll probably want some Leicester long term too, especially with their doubles.

I'm currently looking at Kane in this week, which would set me up nicely for 30 also, and then possibly onto Salah & Daka in 31. Or even Daka in 30. I would prefer Barnes or Madisson but the midfield I have at the moment, I like, and also I have the exact funds to bring in Salah & Daka if all my transfers in & out stay at the same price over the next few weeks. Wishful thinking I know.

I think Salah will get a rest in either the Brighton game (29) or the Watford (31) game. I'm taking a chance that it will be Brighton, but it's probably more logical that the Watford game will be the week for a rest as it's a 12.30 kick off after a double header of a world cup qualifier playoffs against Senegal. It could actually be both Mane & Salah being rested that day too, but Salah is in need of a rest more IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yeah, I suppose it all depends on your current team. I would like more Arsenal/Spurs and that'll be my plan next 2 GW's.

I only have Saka now but 3 transfers this week for a -8 will get me to Kane, Doherty & Tierney.

Then for GW30, I will go Coufal to White potentially and have 5 from both sides and 8 for the BGW which I think could be enough.

I'd like Salah for GW31 against Watford and from there re assess.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not take the -8 cause I don't feel I need too many changes and my gut tells me to hang onto the WC for the moment.

• Advertisement

So with Sessegnon out for next month or so.

Regulion or Doherty? Who's the boards crew going with.

James and Cancelo on way out for me so will be getting one of them and then cheap defender along with Kane for Jimi. Might go -12 for another Arsenal asset too...... The temptation is real. And also the more I look, it could save a FH BGW30.

My half asleep / hungover WC last week left me with Joelinton in my team, actually only really hit me now when trying to make moves, what was I thinking!!!

WC is active. This is my team for GW29. Sticking with Everton attacker & going DCL.

Iheanancho on bench for GW30 & hoping he hits form like this time last season. *May change

I just can’t take out Havertz. I was expecting big things from him this season & it’s good to see he is getting his extended run in the team. Visually he passes the eye test to. Been so good.

9 BGW for 30 so happy with that.

Much happier with my overall team now & fingers crossed on attacking these gameweeeks.

Might switch captaincy to Kane

Post edited by Chesty08 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Wondering is it worth getting Ramsdale in for DDG for a hit, will he score 4 points more than DDG or do I wait for another week. Arsenal’s defence seems to have gone of the boil and I already have Tierney.. No money in the bank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking at a -8 of Cancelo/Bilva/Jiminez to Kane/Gordon/Doherty. Plan is to FH in 30 and WC in 31 then

The more I look at it Chesty, the more I am coming around to your thinking for WC this week. I have had 5 green arrows in a row and don't want a -8 and want to attack the GW's

I want Spurs, Arsenal for the next 3/4 GW's with Liverpool (who I can bench next week) and will be able to use transfers to get to a nice team after GW31.

Currently on

Ramsdale (Foster)

Robertson, TAA, Tierney (Amartey, Johnson)

Kulusevski, Salah (C), Saka, Coutinho, Raphinha

Kane, Toney (Hwang)

The above will give me 11 starters for BGW30 with Amartey, Johnson and Hwang nice cheap enablers and can sit on the bench for the season finale.

It'll also allow me 3 Liverpool for the Watford game and from there I'll hope to use 2 FT to mix up my team and get a Chelsea defender in.

• Advertisement

Thats a nice looking WC team, has me tempted to do similar instead of a -8 and waiting to WC in 31. Do you still have BB?

I was posting yday about taking the -8 and waiting to WC but I've been swayed by Chesty :)

I still have BB and m 2nd FH.

When to play the BB, I don't know but I don't want to base my WC team around a BB when I'll have players I don't necessarily want. I'll keep it and if there is a decent week to gain a few extra points, I'll go for that.

GW36 looks prime for the FH. I was looking to play 2nd WC in GW31/32 but I'll save on transfers for next week so that'll leave me with 2 that I can roll into those weeks plus I won't be looking to make huge amounts of changes on it.

No names given but there are some COVID issues in the Liverpool camp.

I'm gonna take a guess at Konate as he missed the Inter game and hasn't been spotted in training since.

Early KO tomorrow so may have some early news. Also training snaps may say who could be "out".

I'm doubling back on myself now trying to fit in Kane, it weaken rest of team as it obviously would at his price. But the 3 transfers would also help in GW30 and save me the FH chip which is positive move. Doherty and Kulu instead save big money and fill the Spurs gaps without Kane..... But then am I just jumping on the bandwagon, which may have already left without me?

Have others pulled the -8 etc trigger for Kane already? And if so, what 2/3 players came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah jaysis please dont be Salah, I plan to TC him.

Im FHing next week so thinking of just making a transfer to use it up, either Saiss to Doherty or Ramsey to Gordon. Im 0.4m short of going Ramsey to Kula in one move, would be doing that otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sticking with my planned Sa to Ramsdale. Leaves me with 6 DGW players (bold). Not sure if I should play Broja (Watford home) or Jimenez (Everton away). Both playing awful teams, Jimenez the higher ceiling I feel. Half tempted to take James out for another DGW player if there's someone that gives me a game in 30 also.

Ramsdale

TAA Rudiger Silva White

Salah Son Saka Coutinho Raphina

Jimenez

Subs: Broja, James, Hwang

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I looked long and hard at a -8 for Kane but I can't justify it. It either involves transferring out Son or bringing in the likes of Gordon and Hwang to create the funds.

I think a - 4 of Saiss and JWP to Doherty and Saka will be my move.

Looking at the below now on WC, gives me 10 DGW players and 10 for GW 30. Could do Gordon to Luiz for 11 next week and start Coady but fell Gordon could be a nice punt this GW. Makes it difficult to get Chelsea defenders back in though

Ramsdale/Foster

TAA/Robbo/Doherty/Coady/Amartey

Salah/Coutinho/Saka/Kulusevski/Gordon

Kane/Lacazette/Hwang

Mahrez & Dennis -> Kulu & Kane

Gaining a couple of DGW players & 2 extra for 30 also. Spurs have a good run of fixtures on paper, so I'd like to have a few of their players for it.

Yes that’s a decent team. Obviously we are similar with the structure & then have our fodder players differ.

I just feel like a -8 will cover key players I want but there is the whole squad & an adjustment of funds that I want to do too as I attack the next few GW’s

Also, we’ll gather free transfers over the next few weeks to be able to pivot to City/Chelsea players.

• Advertisement

That’s a nice team. Few descrepancies with mine the main being

Gordon & Lacazette to Martinelli & DCL

i like mine because I can pivot to a player like Watkins/Ings for GW30 if DCL doesn’t work & Villa keep up there form

VvD, Konate & Thiago are the Covid rumours due to not training.

That's a smashing -4 TBH. Jealous! The joy of getting rid of Dennis also.

James & JWP -> Doherty & Kulu for a -4 to leave 2.7 ITB, looks my obvious move. And to make it a -8, I can go Joelinton (still not sure how I got him on WC last week) to Laca. Tempting. Would leave 7 x DGW29 players and 9 BGW30 players.

Nice team, not sold on Gordon but when he's 4.5, he's a grand enabler.

Our teams are quite similar so, are you worried at all about too much investment into Spurs/Arsenal given the inconsistency with them? I am slightly but risk willing to take I think.

More worried about Arsenal really. Think for Doherty and Kuluesski price they're worth taking a punt on while Kane seems must have again. Have Ramsdale a long time and think Saka will score well over rest of season so will keep them at least.

Did another change and can do Lacazette/Hwang to Richarlison/Toney. Might do Ricky to Nacho/Watkins for GW30 then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Looking at a -12 now

Cancelo (Yellow flag + no game in GW30) to Doherty (DGW + plays GW30)

Coufal (red flag) to Amartey (Fodder for 30)

Bowen (Not available this week) to Kulu (DGW)

Dennis (Sh1t/no game in 30) to Kane (DGW + Game in 30 + captaincy)

Would leave me with 7DGW 29 players, 10 starting for BGW30 and a free transfer for whoever out. Stupidity? I still have WC/BB/FH left but was hoping to save them for a push into the last few weeks

Post edited by COH on

Id WC now as you are effectively on a mini WC just to field a team over the next few weeks.

You may not use the WC later to the same extent. Players you are getting in now could end up being season keepers and worst case you hit a -12 then.

I’m sticking with original plan. I’m going with Pickford for this week for 2 home games & will play Schmeichel thereafter.

Saiss becomes Tierney & gives me more potential (I think).

I want to play Havertz so that means either bench Doherty or Tierney for their double as all the others have a double.

Im not really sure on Hwang. I’ve 0.9m ITB & if I stick with him I’ll upgrade Amartey to Thomas

For his price, Hwang is good value considering he'll play in the blank. Can always ship him out later. No one else at that price jumps out for me unless you downgrade to Gelhardt who will get the odd point here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think Gelhardt might get a start against Norwich, he did better than Rodrigo last night (who was awful) when he came on but he wont play as much as Hwang.

Advertisement