Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Transfer thread

Options
  • 08-03-2022 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭

Plan is to bring in Saka. But no idea who to transfer out. Coutinho maybe? Seems mad but might be the best option in the long run.

Either that or Adams>Laca for a -4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

WC Active

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wish I had a wildcard. Want James, Doherty, Barnes and Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I want Kane and Saka. The only way I can do it for -4 is to sell Son! Not keen on that and the only other option is a tasty -12. Not keen on that either!

Current team:

I only have 5 players with a fixture in GW30 - Dennis, Martinez, Ramsey & Jiminez I’m not now keen on.

For 29 I’ve 4 DGW players. I’m happy with my Chelsea players but not 3 Soton players. Jiminez is also an issue.

Potential WC team:

Its gives me 11 DGW fixtures & 9 BGW30 players. This is an extra 11 fixtures up on my current team.

It is also an improvement in that it covers my Arsenal & Spurs players as at the minute I only have 1. It’ll set me up for potentially having players in DGW33 & I can start to pivot away from Liverpools.

Richarlison could become Watkins after GW29 to have another fixture in 30.

Pickford & White could become Ramsdale & Amartey

Does the WC set me up well for the coming weeks or are there any things I’m missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

How are you fixed for 30? Coutinho has a game then too. Saka does have a DGW and then a game in 30 alright so he does have an extra game. I wouldn't be selling players with a game in 30 right now unless I was using FH then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I actually wouldn't bother with Hwang - I think you're better off getting a 4.4 and using the one million elsewhere than getting him just to have him in GW30. Assuming you want to get that one million into play after GW30 you'll have to use a transfer on him.

Is it worth a -4 to get Doherty in for DGW to play him over Broja in my starting 11?

It would be Holgate I'm selling for Doherty who has a DGW but I'm expecting him to be dropped after his performance v Spurs on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

What are people with Jota doing? I held onto him but kinda regretting it now because it looks like there’s going to be a bit of rotation with Diaz in the mix. Is it worth bringing Kulusevski in for him for a -4 for the remainder of the season? Or should I see how Jota gets on in the double first?

That’s a very good point & my only reason for Hwang was to have his 2 points in GW30.

What are your thoughts on Pickford for just the DGW? Leave it at Foster & just play Schmeichel?

Ive held the WC cause my intentions where to dead end the team over these GW’s & attack the last few with a strong Xi - seems like I’ll have about €1.7m on bench I won’t need after GW30.

I have JWP & Broja currently. There performances v Villa scared me & it’s a main reason for me going Wildcard.

Broja could easily score v Watford & get 6/7 points. The -4 on Doherty will mean you would need a 10/11 to break even this week.

I don’t see Spurs gettjng 2 clean sheets in 29 so a double digit haul be tough.

So what is your GW30 plan? I’m keeping my FH & only have 5 players so the 3 spurs for me makes sense

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s tricky because you don’t know what Lampard is gonna be able to do at Everton and also what fixtures or rotations will look like with Leicester.

I kept Foster on a WC but have at leas few per cent of doubt that he’ll keep his place.

I’d rather keepers that actually play for teams with decent defences (Ramsdale) but can see the appeal of taking chances on the keepers with lots of fixtures to reschedule for potential upside.

Free hitting in 30 and well set up for 31. Have used my wildcard so from then in on it’s react to DGW announcements.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trying to decide if I want to sacrifice Son to get Kane. Would be Son to Kulu, Jimi to Kane for -4. Might throw in Digne to Doherty for another -4.

@Chesty08 just on that WC, remember that Broja has a blank in 30, 32 and possibly 33 too, so try factor that into long term planning. I also own Broja so I'm starting to think between him & Dennis and who to keep long term as the 5.5 ish striker.

So that will be the case for JWP & Livramento. I think it makes the case to WC even stronger.

Set up to get to GW33 as much as possible. Navigate with a few transfers & FH for the big DGW36

I think I’ll stick with original team - Liverpool & City both play each other & blank 30 & 33 so it feels like a good time to load up on the other “big” teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

Even with all the fixtures Everton have, is Pickford gonna keep a CS? I don't think he is worth it just for 2 appearance points in a DGW and maybe a few save points. Ramsdale for example can haul that in one game. Everton look an absoulte shambles at the back. He has no help whatsoever in front of him.

At least the James and Cancelo flags are making it easier to get to Kane now. Will wait until news at end of week before making any moves. James already transferred in over 200k this GW already, ouchhhh.

JWP & Livramento don't blank in 32, it's only Broja as they play Chelsea and he can't play. The same as Gallagher a few weeks back. But the 30 blank does apply to all, and maybe 33.

There is more chance that Southampton do actually have a game in 33 though.

Southampton play Man City in the cup so they may lose that and Southampton end up playing that week anyways as they are scheduled to play Arsenal who are out of the cup. It's just something to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Firmly in the 'Get Kane' camp right now, Cancelo flag makes it easier to sell him even if I might want him back in a few GW's.

Antonio, Dias, Cancelo out.

Kane, Tierney, Doherty in for a -8

Will give me 8 DGW players in GW29 and 7 players in GW30. Will make 1 transfer to get up to 8, maybe a -4 for someone else, TBC.

Good chance of playing the WC in GW31.

What would your WC 31 team be? That was my intentions all along but I think I can make those 3 transfers (-8) plus fix my other players as opposed to waiting it out

• Advertisement

Bit of an update. I’ve decided to get rid of

Hwang -~> Gelhardt who’ll be bench fodder & if he play GW30 and we’ll & good

Richarlison -> DCL. I just have to have a punt on an Everton attacker as my gut is telling me. If there gonna stay up then they’ll need Goodison Park & these 2 games be crucial.

GK’s ~> just going with Ramsdale & set & forget.

James & White ~> Holgate & Amartey. 2 cheap fodders who I’m happy to bench going forward & who could also play a few games.

All that means Kulu ~> Son.. I have Son & he is still returning, would hurt if I got rid plus it easier to move to any other player

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

You're giving up an awful lot just to get Son over Kulu. There's no way Son is worth almost 5m extra and if you had that extra 5m you could beef up your squad significantly. That squad you posted essentially only has 9 absolute guaranteed starters, Doherty and Barnes could be rotated anytime, Gunn has lost his place, the 2 defenders are a coin flip and Gelhardt has barely started all season. I presume you have used your BB? Even still you want at least 13 if not 14 guaranteed starters to allow for taking advantage of doubles and just to cover in case of rotation injury.

Going Kulu over Son would allow you a playing sub keeper, 2 better sub defenders than Holgate/Amartey and you could get Broja over Gelhardt up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Looks like you're using wc to suit short next few weeks rather than long term, I know I did the same! (wolves/Southampton players everywhere now)

very concentrated on 5 teams

Yes sometimes it’s good to hear from others, this was my original thinking but I’m also on BB at the minute as I wanted to WC to a strong Xi plus 1 sub.

The other thing is I’ll have funds there to flip other players when I move Salah on

Yes I’m after making good ground. I’m into the Top 5k OR and it’s more a case , do it really attack on the upside of the next few GW’s or try consolidate. I think aggressive is the way to go

Somd teams have a ton of fixtures, some don’t & it was a main reason I held WC as there are huge fixture swings.

After the next GW City & Liverpool only really have 1 game where as Spurs/Arsenal could have 4/5.

I can navigate back to City players post GW33.

I also have FH for the big GW36

A ban on Chelsea buying / selling players which means that FPL managers must keep their current Chelsea assets and may not buy any more! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would it be a good idea to use free hit to maximize players with a game in next gameweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I am still not sure tbh @Chesty08 , I have TAA/Robertson & Salah currently and will prob just go with TAA and maybe Salah turns into KDB.

I'll want a set and forget keeper til the end of the season, maybe Ramsdale but I do like Tierney for Arsenal defensive cover.

Given the international break and the threat of injuries, I'll re assess during that window who I want.

I did out a WC team to negate the -8 but feel it's far too short term with players that I fancy in the next 3/4 weeks to suit the DGW and BGW whereas I'd like a strong 11 from GW30/31 onwards with a cheap bench with a view to BB and FH too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I sold him when Salah came back but if you have him now maybe the thing to do is play him in his double and depending on that transfer him for Kula who then doubles himself. Jota can still come on at 70 minutes and get a return so Id hold with him for his double and then likely sell.

Im in the same boat and whats worse is I had Kane but sold him to Son as a makeweight for Salah. Had hoped Son would keep close to Kane points wise but it hasnt really worked that well. Not sure what to do atm

Anyone thinking of TCing Salah this week? Two away games but Brighton are in freefall and can no longer keep clean sheets and he normally does well v Arsenal

It's all team dependent but overall I'd be saying no. Take a -8 if so to get to the players you want. It has showed above -8/-12 hits have worked and some players above posting big scores because of it. Agression!!

FH may be better in GW30 when only 8 teams play and you may not want to be stuck with players from them 8 teams long term, but again you may be getting there with transfers this week and next week, ie. Spurs players etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've taken a -4 hit to bring in Kane and Saka. Reckon I should take another hit to get someone else in or sit tight?

-----------Ramsdale

-------Cancelo - TAA - White

Salah - Saka - Willock - Coutiniho - Bowen

-------Saint-Maximin -- Kane

SUBS: Begovic, Broja, Williams, Coufal

Advertisement