Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New A2 House Is Freezing!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭Shoog

I am surprised that MVHR isn't specified as standard on all class A builds. It's absolutely essential if airtightness is taken seriously. A modern house can be very unhealthy if inadequately ventilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To answer your question. Yes the overall majority of new homes in Ireland have holes in the walls for ventilation. They are not round they are brick shaped now for looks sake.

Some new homes have put in a form of mechanical ventilation. Not great still relies on holes in walls and extraction in wet rooms, still causes drafts but better in some ways as its managed.

So yes holes in walls are the most common spec here.

I had them, cos I had to put them there when I got my walls pumped it's reg per the grant scheme.

I've since filled them all in because I installed an MHRV system centralised heat recovery and ventilation in one large unit. Each room is controlled.

Advertisement