Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Why did they ever switch to AON. I find their tests awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Just did the tests , my god that was horrible. So confusing and having to go through all the tabs was just way too much . Definitely won't be getting past this round anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sartre

I received errors all the way through both tests saying "audio not detected". I have no idea what that meant. Camera was on and microphone symbol was showing on the taskbar too, so hopefully whatever it was it didn't interfere with the proctoring. Very annoying and slowed me down, however it still let me finish the tests.

I assume Aon are really cheap and PAS are saving a load of money with them because they are very poor. And like with the AO tests last year, I worry there are mistakes in some of the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Skweefie

A few too many 'cannot say' answers on the numerical has me concerned but will just have to wait and see. Verbal was easier than numerical imo. Im curious as to how the batch order is being determined. Previous competitions would deem your order of merit on verbal plus management scenario ones and you only had to pass numerical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I flew through the maths. Nearly got them all done and I feel pretty confident in them. Reckon I got most of them right.

The verbal, eh, not so much. Got a little over half of them done.

It's a pity the maths doesnt usually count for where you place. I reckon it definitely would be boosting me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Is it tabs on both verbal and numerical?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

I wonder how many of the maths you have to get right to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Do you need your ID for this part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsallabit

No ID required they get you to take a picture at the beginning of both tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 The_Taxman

What’s the usual timeframe for results?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LouiseHarp

I also got the error messages many people have got, "audio not detected". During the verbal one when I could see time was running out I starting pressing bit harder on the keyboard, and then got a message like "Too much volume". No noise at all, except the keyboard.

I found the tests okay, I never have enough time in these of course but I don't think they were too difficult compared to other ones I have completed.

Now to wait for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭eroc79

Disaster of a test. Really don't like the tab format. Don't feel confident at all about passing. Best of luck to everyone

I felt the same. Maybe the curve is low and we scraped through. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

Any ideas when we will be notified with our results?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I got it done yesterday morning after a long debate with myself whether I wanted it or not. Anyways I did 23 numerical and 22 verbal. I hate the verbals because I’m slow to digest the info in the question as I need to be sure what it’s asking. I don’t think too many entered the comp so maybe there’s a chance. Good luck everyone.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I’m not familiar with any other format so I thought it was ok. Good luck 🤞

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VitreousLife

I was thinking probably around the week ending on the 20th (Friday) but haven’t heard anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

I assume we will get a link to situational judgement shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mooneye

FYI. I have heard from somebody they were just now offered a resit over the audio pop up constantly interrupting. PAS apparently has had lots of complaints. Has anyone else been offered a resit?

I think that everyone should be offered a chance to resit to make it equal. Once some are allowed resit the playing field becomes unequal

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Hmmm. I got the audio pop up at the start of each test . I wonder if I requested a retest and I done worse on the result what results would they use? I think it's grossly unfair that some are being offered a resit because of a fault that appears to happen everyone. In any case it didn't phase me as I'd read about it here but if I hadn't I'd have been put off.

I think the only way of carrying out a fair test is to fix the technical problem and reschedule the test for everyone under equal conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Did everyone have to take a picture before both tests? I took one photo before I took the 1st test, and wasn't asked again before the 2nd? I took them back-to-back. Also had the pop-up. It was very distracting!

Let's hope we get results soon. For EO at one of the stages we waited nearly 7 weeks for results!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

Only took the photo at the start, and also got the audio pop up on three separate occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

One photo and no interruptions about audio - I was so engrossed in the feckin thing there could’ve been lots of messages and I didn’t see them 😝. The most distracting thing for me was the amount of questions on each and the hideous length of time to answer them! Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LouiseHarp

I completed tests in the last interdepartmental HEO and the "numerical & verbal" tests were called Stage 1 a. The "situational" tests were called Stage 1 b.

So we were called for Stage 1 A. This time it just says Stage 1 so I was hoping that meant no more tests, maybe wishful thinking.

Was situational judgement mentioned as yet? Stage 1 is just numerical and verbal, as is my understanding anyway.

• Advertisement

Just my experience, the first round is usually a combo of scores from verbal and SJ and that you pass the numerical. Would be surprised if not the same this time.

Advertisement