Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

I was in the same boat (much shorter commute however) and accepted Dublin rather than take the risk seeing how my local panel from 2020 is still active. They are letting me wfh 3 days per week, 1 set day in the office and 1 other day of my choice in the office. I've heard of recent appointments elsewhere being let hotdesk from their local office if there is one and where i am currently my specific division is permitted to wfh all but one day per month and that includes staff assigned to our Dublin office so it very much depends on what you get assigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Newgirl22

@becsdan What do you mean by share? As in share their screen or upload it in the chat section?

are you also allowed not to do any slides??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topcat16

I didn't do slides, didn't share my screen at all either, just regular zoom call

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Shutuplaura

I'm in the low 100s for the Dublin OOM. Not heard anything about the next stage yet but I'm expecting it this month. In advance I'm getting second examples ready for each competency.

I've a quick question that's been bugging me. How do people decide if an example is broad enough. For my first example's I've used multi week projects that I've been involved in. Is this overkill though? I was involved in something this week that from start to finish probably took up maybe 6-8 hours of my time, maximum. I realize its difficult for people to say without specifics but is something like this suitable for HEO level?

Someone said they were asked to upload report while in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

Or not

The 6 month and counting wait... 😂

Twill be a long wait for people to be told they are nt shortlisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Anyone from batch 1.2 get assigned yet? According to Clearance I'm in the final stages of the process, hopefully be hearing something soon

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Csk2019

I was told at the end of August that they hoped to start shortlisting the regions the last week of September and results would issue in October. That will be the 31st of October probably

• Registered Users Posts: 29 knickyb

Should be before the weekend according to Pas yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I just got a message from PAS informing me I've passed the shortlisting for Tipperary. I currently have an interview coming up for Dublin. Am I right in saying if I fail the interview in Dublin I will be removed for consideration in Tipperary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Just got notified I was shortlisted for Meath, oom early teens. I was shortlisted for Dublin early 100's still waiting to be called for interview. If I am called for the Meath panel and pass. What happens if I turn down Meath position can I wait for a Dublin position?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I just got a message from PAS informing me I've passed the shortlisting for Tipperary. I currently have an interview coming up for Dublin. Am I right in saying if I fail the interview in Dublin I will be removed for consideration in Tipperary

Yes, and if you pass it will be for both locations.

If I am called for the Meath panel and pass. What happens if I turn down Meath position can I wait for a Dublin position?

i think if you refuse one you are knocked off both panels. I’m open to correction though.

does anyone know what number they got to on the limerick panel in 2020 please?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

i didnt pass the shortlisting. Missed out on the analysis part which I am surprised about. It was the area I was least concerned with actually but thats the way it goes I guess. Best of luck to all for the rest of the comp

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

Ya if you turn down one location you are still eligible to be placed from your other location but obviously there is no guarantee they will reach your order of merit for the second location. Saying that the second location you are hoping for is Dublin and they recruit a large number from Dublin so would probably be a safe bet. I would make sure to verify this with PAS though if and when the time comes before you formally reject an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

For those who have done the interview. What topics were you given to do the presentation on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ak2015

I was retained by my department, pas emailed me today. I had wanted to be retained so I'm delighted. Best of luck to everyone with interviews approaching. Go over your competencies whilst waiting on your topic for presentation and learn them off. Have a second example for each competency ready in case you are asked for another. Topics for presentation are sent at least a week in advance. For presentation make sure to reference back to where you found the info and the specific areas you researched. I've heard of a few friends that fell down in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PolarBearClub

I wouldn't get too bogged down in the particulars in that way. They won't be so interested in the project itself, but more your actions in it, within the framework of the competencies. So whether it was the week long projects or the hours long, they'll want to know about your decision making, why you took the course of action you did, how you would do things differently in future, how you managed multiple ongoing projects, etc.

I passed from batch 1.2 of interviews the other week, and one of the questions they asked me was a decision/change I made that I was proud of. I told them about a minor change I made to a spreadsheet that removed a long-term annoyance for my team. Nothing too much in the grand scheme of things, but if it fits the competencies in can add to your score, so I'd say be confident in whatever you've prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Do you still have to go through clearance etc before you are retained by your department?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

Hi, I've interview for Dublin next week...so nervous about the presentation 🙈 I also have Tipperary down but I haven't received my shortlisting result for there yet I see some were out yesterday?

Also can I ask- I don't want to be retained by my department. If I get offered somewhere else will I be able to find out about their hybrid approach before accepting? Also those who were retained was it just fluke or did you request it?

Thanks!

Does anyone have any insight as to when Regional interviews will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry987

I got shortlisted for Kerry yesterday and received an invite for interview by yesterday evening

Thanks for info..that is fast! Best of luck with interview

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

hi did anyone get called for an interview in Cork or Tipperary? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

You can ring HR and ask what their blended policy but by that stage you're either accepting the offer or off the Dublin panel. You can't negotiate a different offer if that one doesn't appeal.

Are you in batch 2.1 for Dublin or os there a batch 1.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vietjune23

Hi anyone from batch 1 for Louth or Meath get called for interview/presentation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Merrymac

Just got notified on Tuesday that I had been shortlisted for Louth Batch 1 under 10 OOM my first choice

Already have date for interview Dublin my second choice week of 17th Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

Hey guys, would anybody have recommendations for a professional interview preparation firm to get ready for this? I've been flunking these HEO interviews for quite a while now despite seemingly having a decent enough form to get through the final stage. I've never really bothered with external (or internal for that matter) coaching, and I feel the more general type questions trip me up far more than they should. Anyway, I hear of Carr Communications quite a bit... Would anybody recommend them or suggest going elsewhere? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DaisysB

Interviewing for Kerry at the end of the month.

can anyone indicate if the presentation is a similar line to the 2020 competition?

or is there is totally new direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Bettyblaa

Can anyone tell me roughly how long are you waiting to be called for interview after passing stage 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

They only call for interview based on demand for regional.

Advertisement