Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Horses [Apple] (*SPOILERS*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Indeed, interesting though the first book quite explicitly said Jackson Lamb resembled an overweight Timothy Spall, so I guess he wasn't available / interested? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So a young Timothy Spall then when he was overweight.

Oldman actually has the same hair in this that a young overweight Timothy Spall had when his hair was long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I saw some comments under reviews of the first season complaining that they hadn't got Spall to play Lamb, but I think Oldman is perfect in the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I think Oldman is perfect, his delivery of the bitchy lines and dry comedy is perfect

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Only real difference between the books and the series I found is that in the books Roddy is really unlikeable and Lamb is a bit more of a prick. They are both loveable pricks in the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

bit much for slow horses, has it turned into jack ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bing watched the first season last night. Cant remember the last time i watched 8 episodes of anything in a row. What a fantastic show.

Back tomorrow with two episodes dropping.

Cracking opening two episodes keeping the up the same levels as the first two seasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great return of this with the stakes immediately set, the mystery enticing. This has such a fantastic ensemble; not just Oldman who's obviously the Big Name, but the rest are really interesting in their own ways.

And whoever does makeup and costume for Oldman deserves a gong for making him look like such a slob - though I can't deny that takeaway he had looked kinda good .

• Advertisement

looks like the guy from gangs of london is in this series

good start so far

That was an amazing episode from start to finish.

This is the best series around right now hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

3 absolutely fantastic episodes so far. Top quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Great episode. Wasn't expecting that death.

A well deserved Golden Globe nomination for Oldman.

He is up against 3 of the  Succession cast one of whom is bound to win it.

Great end to Episode 3, wasn't expecting that; though if I'm honest I was also a little pleased at that outcome at the same time.

Would be an interesting spitball: discounting Jackson Lamb himself 'cos there's an argument he's the best spy in Mi5 in the first place: who's the least incompetent of the Slow Horses?

Damn that was a soild epsidoe that was really just a build for the ending of it and set up for next week.

Great episode and only 2 left

I wonder who the other mi5 insider is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

Great series 3 so far, I absolutely love it. All of the cast are excellent.

I've bought the first book of the series and plan to buy the whole lot.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I bought the first two books the other day. Originally to give them as a Christmas present but half tempted to keep them!

• Advertisement

Another brilliant tense episode with a great cliffhanger leading into next weeks season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another absolute cracker of an episode.

I binged all the books last year but thankfully have forgotten what happens next 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The tone of this show is all over the place.

a seeming spy thriller/dark comedy now has (attempted) mass assassinations of government agents by their own government... (while still having inept assassination teams who can't seem to rapidly handle 2 people with hand guns...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Is it midnight tonight the last episode drops?

A good end to the season.

The trailer for season 4 right at the end has Ruth Bradley as player next season.(Might also be a spoiler in the trailer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I have watched season 1,2 and am starting 3. Is it worth reading the books after or will they just be repetitive. Also if I read book 3 first would it ruin the tv series for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Great show.

Apple TV really are churning out some very high quality stuff. Say some of the best shows I've watched this year were all Apple tv. Which is annoying cause I'm not a fan of the cnuts.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭py

I started with the TV series but moved into the books prior to S3. Managed to read them all so I'm excited for S4. They are keeping the TV series very close to the books.

For others who have read the books, was there not a visit to Lamb's office at the end of book 3 that was left out of the TV series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Personally I'd read the books first, but it wouldn't ruin it either. Love the books, I'd read them all again no bothers. The publisher nearly dropped the books in 2013, but gave it another go because they loved them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement