Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Open competition for appointment to the position of Crime and Data Analyst (EO Grade).

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dee3988

Anyone get any offers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Im no 4 in a small county. Havent heard anything about interview and don't expect to at this stage

Anyone else get sent for sign off this week?Mine is gone since yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sinradler

@Dee3988 Whereabouts in the OOM were you, and which county?

I was 1 in the OOM for Kilkenny. Why about yourself?

• Advertisement

Ohhhhh I’m on the Dublin panel, in the 20s and the last time I checked in with them they had reached the teens and there was no more movement…it could be years!

Well done, hope the vetting doesn’t take too long for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CDA2022

Hi Dee3988, have you received an offer/contract yet or where are you currently in the process?

No offer just yet waiting on sign off now then they will notify myself and HR to advise I have been cleared. Then HR will arrange a call with me about a start date.

thank so much @Sinradler I have all my vetting and clearance completed already. So I may wait and see now 🤞

Anyone else get a job offer and start date for the 9/01/23?

• Advertisement

I got an email about 2 or 3 months ago saying I was shortlisted by order of merit (scored in the top 10's during assessment stages). I ended up having to send back a bunch of documents, but last thing I heard back was when sending the extra security clearances and since then I've got no news on it.

I did get in touch a few times PAS and the HR people at AGS but they had no real updates for me, and basically said sit tight and wait for the clearances to come through.

Not yet, when did yours come through? I still have not heard back from the extra security clearances about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gazsheeg

Congrats. I got an offer as well but can’t make the Jan training date so will be starting training 20th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SavageSpuds

Congrats all due to start training on Monday or in Feb. Best of luck with the new position, let us know how you get on! :)

How do we find out when the training dates for 2023 are on, I wonder if they post timetables somewhere?

Is it all based in Templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gazsheeg

The only ones I know of are 9th Jan and 20th Feb. Im in the Feb one.

ghey told me it’s a 5 week training with 3 weeks in Templemore so will be last 2 weeks in Dublin for me, or wherever you’re assigned.

Thanks for the info, have not heard back from clearances yet so likely I will be in the Feb 20th one.

Any idea how long your clearances took from the time you sent it?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 willowmee

Did you have to do an interview or did they skit request you send in the documents for clearance once they reached your number is OOM? No movement in Donegal unfortunately

Did an interview during the initial stages yes but no word on clearances yet unfortunately

Hiya, just a note for anyone on the Dublin panel - I am low 20s and got asked for clearance about two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 C.C9900

…..

Post edited by C.C9900 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

For those who already went through training/have been working for a while (also as Crime and Policing Analyst, or is it the same role just different title?):

are there any books or manuals you would recommend to read for such a role? Also, is there an association or society for analysts in Ireland?

Thank you.

Post edited by Dr Strange on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cowboy_dreams
    Mr

-snip-

Post edited by cowboy_dreams on

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

Has anyone applied for the Senior Crime and Data Analyst role?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OllieDro

Yes. I didn’t select Dublin though as I am based in the mid-west so hoping there are posts down this way. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dianana

I applied as well, selected Dublin and Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Anastasia_

Same, I put down Cork and Kerry so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EarlyPBB

Also applied for Galway and Clare

Wonder when we'd start hearing back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EarlyPBB

Message today on PublicJobs that shortlisting will take place in May. We'll get the results of the shortlisting in turn.

Nothing else before then and no specifics as to what part of May.

• Advertisement
Advertisement