Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 38 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems a pretty crap closer for Night 1, if true.

As Liz said, I would expect Charlotte vs Ronda to close Night 1 with Brock vs Roman closing Night 2. Give the women a main event slot.

Maybe have Austin/Owens opening Night 2.

Is there a host this year? Or even whatever Titus and Hogan were?

So Finn is the only champion that doesn't have a match and is instead in the Battle Royal.

Remember when they had a woman's battle royal? I thought it was due to all the women already having matches, but looking through the roster, 9 women don't. I know it's not enough for a battle royal but could make a smaller one with a few from NXT as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ricochet only has a thrown together Triple Threat on 'Wrestlemania Smackdown' next week as well tbf. The mid card titles mean absolutely nothing to WWE they're merely props. Which is a shame as they've essentially put the men's singles titles into one large basket in Brock VS Roman. They could make a big deal out of the IC and US Titles if they wanted but instead we get a Triple Threat and no defence at all.

Ah, I saw that wrong and thought it was at Mania. Though I assumed it might get the preshow.

Which match was it that one year was scheduled for the preshow but backlash from fans got it moved to the main show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

One of the women's matches as far as I can recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Have we an musical act this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,350 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Smackdown woman's title match I think and didn’t it go on second last in the end ?

Yes that sounds right.

Well I have a memory of Bryan Alvarez putting out reports that it was still on. I’m sure it was said in the live thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Who would of guessed the IC and US champions would be left off the mania card instead appearing on these new 'Wrestlemania themed Raw and SD shows'

Not too bothered about NXT nowadays, even though the timing of Stand & Deliver is kind to us its bloody idiotic having it on the same day as Mania Night 1 (still would prefer a one night mania personally)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheLocalMan95

You're about the only WWE mark left that can stomach seven hours of WWE. The rest of us can't.

Two nights is pefectly fine.

Yeah in fairness the last one night Mania that they did nearly killed me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This is probably the first wrestlemania in years that I more than likely won't watch especially over two nights it's just overkill. Sadly there isn't one match that has sparked my interest.

I'll pace myself and go to bed Night 1 if there's nothing that interests me. One full night would be hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Heading over this year(had it booked since pre covid).

Think I'm genuinely more excited for the Indie shows, but hey it'll be an experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is silly alright. As you say timing is great but you don't want to be burned out watching so much wrestling.

The HOF is on the Friday so people might tune into smackdown too. Then you have nxt. Then 2 nights of mania. I get that it's on us to watch what we watch. But all that is too much.

I was remembering that Mania used to have a 2 hour kickoff show as well but looking at last year, it was 1 hour each night and no matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Make Becky/Bianca hair vs hair. Why have all this hair-related stuff if you're not gonna do it?

It would be a classic wwe move to shave the head of a black woman after there was worldwide media generated by a joke about a black womans head being shaved at the oscars

Must be a pain in the hole to live in that permanent state of waiting to be outraged about something.

• Advertisement

I will watch as I simply can't miss Wrestlemania no matter what way its on etc

Be lovely to see Waterford lift the league trophy on Saturday night (sorry Itssoeasy) and then have mania night 1

I suspect it might be Becky's "excuse" for losing - she was traumatized etc etc. Then they have a blow off match at... *sighs* WrestleMania Backlash with that stipulation. Becky loses, gets shaved. Though I might be giving WWE too much credit for forethought 😂

I think Bianca needs a clean win at WM and Becks will probably put her over with the rematch then at WM Backlash

Safe travels @bennyl10, this rumoured UK PPV may be my only chance to see a wwe ppv. Might win the lotto and head over to every mania possible ha

Anyone think Shane Mcmahon will be Seths mystery opponent and Cody Rhodes will come out or maybe Cody will be the big Raw after mania attraction ?

Shane as Cody's manager ?

The online rageathon that would occur if Shane turns out to be Seth's opponent would almost be worth it 😂

Almost, I said...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Honestly it would be the funniest thing ever. Every part of me wants Vince to do it. I just want to watch the Twitter world burn 😂

• Advertisement

Sometimes I swear they're reading us here 🤣

He's been busy, also posted pics of Mustafa Ali, Cena, Scott Steiner and RVD 😁😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Can he post Bron Breakker as well? Cause a buddy tempered my anticipation by suggesting him as soon as he found out the Steiners are HoF-bound since that's an entirely more credible choice than Stardust. 🤪

Well he's still going with Elias and Bayley so anything/anyone is possible I suppose 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Meltzer trying to portray Cody as possibly bottling turning up, as if it hasn't been locked in for weeks and Vince would market a dud at this point. What is he at.

What kind of reception are they expecting for Cody? Like is he coming in as face despite being on his way to being a heel on AEW, which I'm sure the majority of the Mania and post Mania Raw crowd watch. He might get the initial pop but could the crowd turn on him in the match?

I’ve this awful feeling that Charlotte vs Ronda could possibly turn into the drizzling **** in the ring tomorrow night. I rewatched the TLC 2019 debacle where Charlotte slapped a wrestler who was concussed, and Ronda doesn’t have angle or HHH there to get things things back on track. I mean we have the Nina jax match and the belt crap on smackdown. It could be a disaster if one or both get off track out there.

They had a very good match at Survivor Series a few years ago. No reason why they can't do it again.

• Advertisement

Cody will get cheered, I know some die hard WWE marks think that AEW is the minor leagues, but you're very deluded if you think People won't pop huge for Cody at Mania. Afterwards, that's a different story. But at Mania, yeah the ovation will be deafening.

A few years ago yeah and yes there’s no reason it won’t be a good match again but unlike any other match this year imo it’ll either be great or it’ll be awful, unlike others where there’s a middle ground.

Can't wait for Ronda to take to twitter and tell us to go **** ourselves when she has a stinker and quits for the second time. Her run has been god awful and she's an ungrateful egomaniac.

I think he deserves a huge ovation for what he's achieved since leaving, and for proving his worth to Vince with what is surely a very nice contract. Just worried about some contrarian idiots trying to make it about them by booing.

Sat 2nd April

1am-3am- Wrestlemania Smackdown

3am-5am- Hall Of Fame Ceremony 2022

5pm- wwe NXT Stand And Deliver pre show

6pm-9pm- NXT Stand And Deliver

11pm- Mania Night 1 pre show

Sun 3rd April

1am-5am- Mania Night 1

11pm- Mania Night 2 pre show

Mon 4th Apr

1am-5am- Mania Night 2

Tues 5th Apr

1am-4am- Raw

Edge vs Styles (kind of?) and Seth vs Cody (surely) are the only matches I'm looking forward to.

The women's matches are poor. If it was Becky vs Asuka then that would be main event worthy, Bianca just doesn't do much for me. Haven't followed that other match since the moment they confirmed it.

The rest of it is just underwhelming. They had to unify the titles in an attempt to make Brock vs Reigns for the 10th time interesting and doesn't even manage that.

Stone Cold/Owens could be anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah i sadly have no appetite for mania this weekend.

I will check it out at some stage during next week but there’s nothing standing out as must see. The dynamite card from 2 nights again interested me more than 2 days of mania.

I think that Austin Theory/Pat Mc Afee can potentially be great. McAfee was decent in ring during his NXT run and Theory is good anyways. Also Sami has done a pile of work to make the match with Knoxville relevant, it's one of the best celeb involvements in years. KO's piqued my interest in seeing Austin again having basically built the entire program by himself. Styles/Edge will be great, Rollins/Cody should be great.

Triple threat tag match should be a banger with the three teams involved. Hopefully the Usos lose the tag belts but I won't hold my breath there. Brock Roman is what it is. I think they've built it as much as they can given that we've seen this before. Roman's promos the last few weeks have been good and Cowboy Brock is fun.

On the flip side... Charlotte/Ronda build has been terrible. The match will be ok but I still think they went the wrong way about it in the match ups and they should have done Ronda/Becky. Becky and Bianca will put on a good match but see my previous point, Becks and Ronda makes more sense imo anyways. Omos and Lashley does nothing for me either though it is big meaty men slapping meat so there's that 😅

Women's Tag Titles are irrelevant props so I don't care about that match. I think every single member of the match (bar maybe Naomi?) has already been a Tag champ at least once. McIntyre and Corbin is two guys fighting over a sword, get in the bin. New Day VS Sheamus/Ridge is meh too. I've no interest in the Mysterios VS Miz & Paul Logan but what I will say is they are an absolutely perfect match up for celeb/wrestler.

What big move will Logan Paul do? I think he'll do top rope to outside.

If Becky's smart she'll wear her Saudi gear so she has very little exposed skin to be whipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

So Austin never showed up any raw before Maina? What a let down of a story

Social media ie twitter is king nowadays to devleop storylines

• Advertisement
Advertisement