If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact

FCA2 form - when to use it…

  • 21-02-2022 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

    Hi All,

    I'm looking for some information on when to use an FCA2 form:

    * If changing the location of stored firearms (both locations compliant);

    * If changing shooting range membership from on club to another; and

    * If adding an additional usage (already approved for hunting, now adding target shooting).

    additionally, if the application is approved under the FCA2 form, does the 3 year approval tenor restart from new date of approval?

    thanks all in advance.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

    The FCA2 amends:

    • Name - If you change yours
    • Address - As stated above the place you live hence store the firearms
    • Station - If you change from one district to another (pretty much the same as address move)
    • Firearm details - Mistakes in serial numbers, change of barrel/component part with new serial number, etc
    • Club/range - Self expanatory and as you said above.

    It is also used to cancel a firearm certificate. So if you no longer wish to license a firearm, whether that certificate has expired or not, then use the FCA2 to cancel it.

    The FCA2 is only an amendment form. It is not for the granting of a license only the amendment (where applicable) of one so there is no extension to an existing license if the details are changed. It runs for the original length of the license.

    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

    If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

    Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

    Do you need a letter from the Dealer if you are returning a faulty rifle to them?