Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling high value car privately

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

It’s priced at 72,800 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭goochy

still dont know why they would not sell at one of their volvo dealerships with a volvo warranty - buying a vehicle like this from a car supermarket doesnt do much for the customers buying experience

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

You did well OP - it’s now at 68,900.,,

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Wow. I’m surprised tbh. Fantastic wagon, still miss it.

still cant see why they dont retail at one of their Volvo outlets with volvo warranty rather than a car supermarket ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you change it for a xc40 in the end, my Mrs is thinking similar with her D5 while used prices seem strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭User1998

Thats a bit mad, so they spent €67k to make a return of about €1,500 after tax? They would have made more from a car worth €6k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Funny old business🙂

They hoped for more, you can't win them all.

And they haven't booked a loss on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

She looked at (and was tempted by) the xc40 and c40 but ended up with model 3 purely for the better range on the dual motor model and very very happy with it (got it before recent price increase so ended up “costing practically nothing” 🤔)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

They will have to rob someone's trade in now to make money on that deal.

• Advertisement

Back another €1,000. Margin is now very tight for them.

as said makes no sense to sell at car supermarket as opposed to one of their volvo outlets and give it a SELEKT used warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭User1998

Similar situation a friend of mine sold a nearly new BMW to Windsor recently for €50k and they now have it advertised for just €53k. I suppose these big supermarkets have lots of money to play with so maybe aren’t as concerned about margins

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbolounge

I wonder do they make decent money on financing?

Now 65,800… I wonder is the top market cars getting harder to shift? Or is it that most people buying these machines like using PCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Things are softening slightly I think.

Is new car supply improving I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think new car supplies areimproving, many dealers are giving unguaranteed delivery dates of 12 months or longer on many models.

Used car prices have been just going up and up for the last year or two so eventually it has to hit a saturation point of affordability. I'm looking at the same particular examples for sale online for a few months now and they are still not sold. Previous to that dealers had cars sold or had deposits on them before they even came into stock.

With talk of maybe a pending recession around the corner and the higher cost of living, inflation and rising interest rates kicking in now with many people, maybe paying overinflated prices for used cars is not as attractive as it was recently. Of course some people will feel it more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Lewis certainly know how to charge for cars.Whether they give the seller a good price is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Why did I post above.Is it board dom?

Advertisement