Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Investigates [RTE 1]

Options

Comments

Where does she live. That white car would look better in a burnt colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

I think the makers should have spoken to a solicitor to establish the Illlegality of the fraud. I’d be pretty sure it’s against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Next week...victims who parted with €3k to a magic bean seller outside their local LIDL.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Very complicated , whilst you can check any folio, it's not normally done by using a name, you could spend years searching, I noticed this Trollop also registered the company in the UK

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

This is so sad and upsetting and my heart goes out to all who have been swindled from that b1tch. These people were already in a vulnerable situation and she took advantage of them. How does someone sleep at night swindling vulnerable people knowing some day she will make them homeless on top of their troubles. She was ruthless. Prison would be too much of a good and kind place for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Deeec

She is a ruthless bitch to do this to people. She doesn't give a ****

Well well, this absolute tramp is busy

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

A similar scam that ran back around 2013, heavily influenced by 'Freeman on the Land' conspiracy horsesh!t, where they took hundreds of euros from thousands of people promising to protect their properties from repossession. Charlie Allen was the main person behind it, but she was in the leadership group it seems.

She also has convictions for tax irregularities and a fraud conviction, although I couldn't find any of that stuff by googling. I wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭irishgeo

we are too light on our laws on this ****. The american justice system has its flaws but crimes likes this isnt one of them, they would have up on wire fraud before she could blink and have her locked away for 80 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

I think that Prior Park one is related to the Rodolphus Allen Family Trust scam, via Charlie Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭fran38

The guy who took his wife to a meeting with Catriona recorded her secretly. Fair enough. But who did the extra filming? Outside the premises and a brief clip of someone recording across from them. I doubt this couple would have taken the trouble to do this when a single secret recording would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Xander10

the lure of writing down a €300K mortgage to €100k and to start being able to breath again and keep your head above water.

This wasn't a Robin Hood stealing from the rich, this was someone preying on the most vulnerable. An absoute C$nt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Damien gives "Muppets down the pub" a bad name.

It's just extraordinary, I'm wondering if any of the victims put 2 and 2 together, knew or found out she was DJ's sister, a simple Google search would have raised alarm bells

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Deeec

Thats just it - they were in a desperate situation.

If only it was that simple though we would all default on our mortgages and and get a new cheaper mortgage. If it sounds too good to be true it's probably a scam. They also should have sought legal advice before parting with their deposit.

I hear you and agree but honestly it's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Shauna677

This was a heart breaking program to watch. How can she drive around in her swanky white car completely without remorse of what she has done.

• Advertisement

When I google “catriona Carey address” this list of covid payments to employers comes up. I’m browsing on my phone so can’t tell if one of her companies is on the list. I fecking hope not!

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/documents/ewss/list-of-ewss-employers-2020.xlsx

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Achilles Knee

All the people conned are the most timid people I've ever seen.

Any financial or legal documents should be ready in a month at the very most. After a year I'd be threatening her with the gardai, dept. of consumer affairs,CAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

And no one related to that charlie allen scam was ever convicted I don't think and the victims lost their money.

The problem in this country is that the chances of getting convicted in these financial scams is so low its not a big risk for the scammers at all.

They just seem to walk away scot free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I thought you didn't watch RTE???

You said you don't pay your license fee and you don't watch RTE.

Whoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Xander10

but that's a general Irish trait, i.e. to be trusting

boards policy prevents me from describing my true feelings as I watched the programme but I think you’ll have got the gist from other posters here on this thread over the last few pages and I’m not even one of her victims

I'm from the area, in the family DJ and Martin are sound. She was always a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

RTE should have brought over that lad from BBC Rogue Traders, she's wouldn't have gotten out the car park as easy.

Most people I know, if promised something in 2 weeks, and didn't have the contract in a year would lose the rag.

We're fiery enough, especially when it comes to big money. For me these people are overly timid.

• Advertisement

Full Disclosure folks. I had my own experience with Start Mortgages, my own mortgage was purchased from PTSB in 2019, honestly I had small arrears, a fraction of what some of these people borrowed, in fact my entire mortgage less than than the highest amount two of these people borrowed. My difficulty was health related, reduced earnings etc.

I engaged Mabs, went through the process, cleared arrears, it took time and effort and it was painful. There is absolutely no way I'd have even dreamt of engaging a company like this, the notion any private company can just buy your mortgage is just la la land stuff.

Admitidly my situation wasn't as grim as some of these folks but this is absolutely no way to deal with an arrears or repossessions situation. Vulture funds are ****, let there be no doubt about that but if a distressed borrower is seen to engage and more importantly continues to pay what they can it would never come to what these people ended up doing.

I'm not judging them, I'm actually very very upset for them and of course sympathise as I've the experience behind me.

It's disgusting and if anything comes out of this, I hope it will be, never, ever to fall into this kind of trap.

Advertisement