Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Headstone & Surround

• 11-02-2022 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26 candykisses

Hi all, my husband passed away last year and I am now looking to purchase a headstone and surround . The cemetery is in Dublin and I wonder can anyone advise on the best place to go to get a reasonable quote ? I’m not looking for anything fancy but do want decent quality.

T.I.A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭ HildaOgdenx

I don't have any recommendations but if you take a walk around the cemetery, most headstones will have the name of the company / manufacturer on them. It will also help you to see what type you might prefer.

There's a thread here that has a few suggestions too.

My condolences on your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭ Loueze

My mother passed in 2020 and while I didn't buy a new headstone or surrounds, I did get the old one completely refurbished and restored like new.

This included having the existing inscriptions on the headstone completely blanked, and all the inscriptions redone, as I wanted to change the order they were in, so my mother's entry came directly after my father's. I also had the kerbing repaired, and restored, and finally new cement and stones.

The work was done by Tallaght Stone Centre, and I can highly, highly, recommend both the quality of the work they did, and dealing with the staff. They made everything really easy, were patient while I dithered over every detail! But they made sure everything was exactly as I wanted it, and I was delighted with the results, and for the amount of work I had done the price was very reasonable.

The headstone and surround looks like a brand new piece, even though its in its fourth decade now.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Advertisement