Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Headstone & Surround

• 11-02-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all, my husband passed away last year and I am now looking to purchase a headstone and surround . The cemetery is in Dublin and I wonder can anyone advise on the best place to go to get a reasonable quote ? I’m not looking for anything fancy but do want decent quality.

T.I.A

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't have any recommendations but if you take a walk around the cemetery, most headstones will have the name of the company / manufacturer on them. It will also help you to see what type you might prefer.

There's a thread here that has a few suggestions too.

My condolences on your loss.

My mother passed in 2020 and while I didn't buy a new headstone or surrounds, I did get the old one completely refurbished and restored like new.

This included having the existing inscriptions on the headstone completely blanked, and all the inscriptions redone, as I wanted to change the order they were in, so my mother's entry came directly after my father's. I also had the kerbing repaired, and restored, and finally new cement and stones.

The work was done by Tallaght Stone Centre, and I can highly, highly, recommend both the quality of the work they did, and dealing with the staff. They made everything really easy, were patient while I dithered over every detail! But they made sure everything was exactly as I wanted it, and I was delighted with the results, and for the amount of work I had done the price was very reasonable.

The headstone and surround looks like a brand new piece, even though its in its fourth decade now.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Advertisement