Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas TV 2022 - 2024

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m still not over it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Finally getting a chance to start watching the current serious true detective, first episode was odd to say the least.

Looking forward to seeing where ths one goes.

It's set at Christmas by the way!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So there is still hope for Gavin and Stacey.....

Ruth Jones is in Sister Act the musical but is set to miss the entire month of May.

The last Christmas special was filmed in May that year too.

Apparently they want to keep the filming a secret to avoid,leaks,spoilers as the public know where they film, given the popularity of the show.

All rumours but isn't it exciting to be thinking it could happen haha.

With James Corden back in the UK I can see a special happening sooner rather than later.

Some fine detective work there.

Fingers crossed its on the money now & not circumstantial!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I really hope we have a Gavin & Stacey special this year 🤞🏻.

Was only thinking the other day my child is only one now, by the time she could probably appreciate something like Gavin & Stacey she would be about 15 maybe? I dunno? But anyway that would mean G & S would have first aired 30 yrs before then. Nuts to think of and I wonder would she even care about a program that old.

One of the bad things about waiting until I was 38 to have a child is this worry that I will be so old and outdated with everything I like towards her.

Anyway a bit off topic. Sorry about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah I'm sure she will - our parents likes tend to rub off on us. Plus think about how many people are still watching the likes of Only Fools & Horses, Porridge etc. Good TV will stand the test of time!

Love Only fools and horses it's pure timeless.

The essential 7 Christmas specials… not too sure about a couple but the snowman and only fools and horses spot on

Just saw the above on IMDB, now that's worth keeping an eye on.

Hope lives on for Gavin and Stacey. I think it’s time for a rewatch of the show soon!

• Advertisement

I've caught bits of each series/episodes loads of times on the the re-runs on W/Gold/Dave now, but there is something about the 2 Christmas specials that require me to plan a night to sit down & watch them. I generally leave them until the build up now though as they're a treat for me in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Favourite scene of mine is when Smithy is singing Band Aid down the phone to Gav and the following scene in the car. Hilarious his reaction when Gav sings along ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭BK5

My favourite is when Mick plays Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas on his new keyboard at the end of the first Christmas special.

Have you seen the behind the scenes documentary on that special?

It’s called the 12 days of Gavin and Stacey and it’s on the dvd extras and UKGold replay it from time to time.

As soon as mick stopped playing the piano they called cut and most of the cast burst into tears as at the time they weren’t sure they’d ever see each other again. I remember watching it and getting misty eyed watching that clip as they just seems to love working together.

Thats right, the last series hadn't been commissioned at that point. Remember seeing that behind the scenes extra years ago, must dig out the dvd and watch it again.

Any fans of GBBO, the SU2C specials start back on Sunday 17th March on Channel 4.

Will definitely be watching these, love bake off. Next time we see the tent after these will be the normal season in September when we're into double digits on the countdown. Always a solid stepping stone on the build up to Christmas.

Advertisement