Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 osk112

No you don't have to pay. And no difference should be same procedure everywhere should be the same, pick a city that is closer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

I would have thought they would give you an offer around a month before the intake , so you could give notice to your current employer.

I suppose you could always defer for an intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

For anyone that cares about work/life balance and/or who has a family and/or will be eventually facing the likelihood of commuting and the travel costs associated with it, in November the roster is changing form 4 shifts on, 4 days off to 6 shifts on 4 days off meaning more working days each year, less time with family, increased childcare costs and increased travel costs for same pay.

Post edited by Irishguy215702 on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

Yeah that’s ****, I saw it mention a rotation every 10 weeks - what does that mean do you know?

I don't know the significance of the 10 week part but I'd imagine it's the breakdown of the 6 on 4 off roster which will be made up of earlies, lates and nights now

• Advertisement

I wonder why this change probably temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebel 2000

Copy of the roster pre covid. Think it will be similar if not the same as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Has anyone heard or is there any truth that the bleep test standards are being reduced to lower levels in templemore ?

This was the permanent roster before covid and are reverting back to it again now so it wouldn't be temporary unfortunately, certainly not by the media coverage it's getting or the resistance against it

4 shifts on and 4 shifts off is actually great so much balance between work and life but we will see what happens I hope to start in Templemore this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Is there a way to contact the occ health that do the medical as I have a question for them?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/0718/1395241-garda-roster/ Dosen't look good unfortunately this is going to be 6 days in a row 10h shifts and then 4 days off.

I know and trust me after 6 shifts of 10 hours mixing earlies, lates and nights your body/head will be wrecked for the first 2 days making them a write off leaving you with 2 days realistically to do stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pomalo

Hi everyone

I am an applicant in 2023 in the first 150. on the merit. Got my interview 2 weeks ago .

Anybody in the same boat like me??

I'm still waiting for the results from the interview 

and preparing for level 3 .

I hope it's gonna happen on Monday or Tuesday that I'm gonna get results and in the next three weeks time... will do level 3.

I know for my age group 25-35 I need to do a bleep test 8.1. 

Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can try a polygon simulation ...any gym that has it?

If anybody has similar questions and is in my batch, wants to talk about and share information, let me know and I will give you my contact. 

Looking forward to meeting you guys hopefully we will be all together in September or October in the academy.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DconEx2023

Can anyone in the 31st July intake add me to the WhatsApp Group, got the offer yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmanuel.samuel

Yeah this was helpful info. Met both sergeant and superintendent yesterday. Sergeant told me he is recommending me fingers crossed now as I retreat back to waiting zone for good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glas114

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has any idea about if you have passed everything and have done the sergeant/supervisor interviews but for some reason they feel you arnt the right fit for the job do you received an email or any other notice saying you have been rejected? Wouldn’t want to be sitting around waiting while you have already been denied.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Hi I forgot that I had two incidents when I was under age of being drunk and disorderly never seen a court room for being in trouble and Garda haven’t even heard of me since then as it was about 11 or 12 years ago and that’s only thing on my file but on my Garda form I said No when asked was I taken into custody when I was for being too drunk as it was so long ago I forgot about it and I’m just wondering if anyone knows would that come against me as I was told it could and I could get rejected? Any help is appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CONGUI

Unfortunately, anything against your name will be flagged, best to be open and honest as in a lot of cases minor issues can be looked beyond but I had a similar issue in a foreign country, and even because my name was taken it was flagged by vetting but when I met the super he told me because I had mentioned it in the form B I should be fine and he wrote me a letter of recommendation,.. although I'm still waiting for suitability checks I can only imagine they still have to check it out. I think if you contact HRM and let them know they can add it to your file, best off making them aware before they think you've anything to hide,.... if you're curious you can always request any info that may be against your name by getting in touch with the data protection unit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

How long did it take you to hear back from medical? I had mine over two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back since. Met with Sgt last week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ElectricChkn

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shaneos436

Hey guys, anybody any factual date for the intake following the coming one of the 31st of July? I would pressume October, but if anyone knows for definite please post it.

Hey man, no info for intake after July yet but from what i know the intakes are every 2 months approx. I would be betting more that it will be September or start of October at latest. If I get more information I try post it here for now it's quiet for people that didn't get 31st July intake

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Hi folks! I need some advice on what exactly goes into background checks. The email responses I've been getting are pretty generic, so I'm looking for more specific information. Last week, the detective handling my application reached out to my reference, who happens to be a person of authority. They had a conversation about me, and the detective even said something like, "I'll just go ahead and approve his application now." This week, my medical check came back clear, which is great. So now I'm trying to figure out if there are any other individuals, aside from the detective, who need to conduct additional checks. Can you help shed some light on this? Thanks in advance,

I don’t have the answer to your question, but when you say your medical came back clear what that email from HRDP or which?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@shaneos436 occupational health sent me an email making me aware that I’m deemed “medically fit” and I subsequently contacted HRPD who advised my background checks are being conducted at the moment and it’s only one item that’s o/s but she couldn’t advise what 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 9 berry2020

They seem to tell everyone that story

Yes need to be patient on the background checks unfortunately. You get email quick enough with result for medical and then it's waiting game thats how it is for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! You’d never think you’re in a country experiencing such a shortage of Gardai

Advertisement