Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPG data issues on certain U.K. FTA channels

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have a UK sky hd fta box, what do I need to check?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

renamed thread on basis issue is not confined to Sky+HD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

epg back on the ITV's but still missing on the channel 4's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Reply today from channel 4:

Dear Maz

Thanks for getting in touch.

Freesat have advised us that they have had some issues uploading their EPG, and they hope to have resolved today. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate all feedback from our viewers; complimentary or otherwise.

Regards, 

Joel Scott

Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

For information about Channel 4 have a look at our FAQ section at www.channel4.com/4viewers/faqs

still no EPG with channel 4 stations 😕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Ferguson Ariva fta box.

I am still missing epg data on the C4 etc channels .

But I noticed that for ITV2 ITV3 and ITV4 , I have full epg, not just the now and next as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

As mentioned earlier 11306H or 11037H is the temporary backup feed for a Freeview transmitter that went on fire. This is just a temporary transponder for Freeview.

channel 4 channels still down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

There are no issues with Freesat or Sky, as their EPG data are taken from Sky's and Freesat's Transponder. There was 7 day EPG data for all channels on both TV Guides

The issue is ITV and Channel 4 stopped sending DVB data on their own channels

Freesat TVs and Boxes along with Sky's TV Guide were unaffected

It's when you have a FTA box or accessing "Other Channels" through any Sky box, the Now & Next data is missing

Update: just checked 11.127 V 22.0 5/6 and both channels on that TP are not sending Now & Next data stil - Channel 4 HD and 4seven, both of which are not on the ROI Sky EPG and have to be added to Other Channels to view them

Post edited by mackersdublin on

forget about the crisis in Ukraine, this is far more important!😣

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There are other places on Boards to discuss such heady matters of state, you can post there about them to your hearts content and let us to our subject matter of choice.

• Advertisement

🙄

jeez, someone had a sense of humour bypass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I am a FTA viewer and have noticed that most of the Ch4 family stations have 'now' and 'next' prog details, in the morning.

Film 4, More 4, E4 and all the associated +1, all had the data yesterday (and this morning) before I had to leave for work. Yesterday evening, when I got home, they had all disappeared again. However, Ch4 and +1 didn't have the data yesterday morning, or evening.

Why would the data only be made available, on some of the Ch4 family stations, in the morning? Seems strange......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

EPG data back working on Channel 4 HD and 4seven

yipeee!! everything's alright with the world 😊

. .

Post edited by fryup on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Forgive what may be a dumb question, but if you're limited to now-and-next listings for a channel, does this mean that you can't do any kind of 'series record' or 'series link' function?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

That's correct, you will require a timer function to set start and end times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,527 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Jeez, that's a bit primitive. Like stepping back in time to 2010 or something.

Thanks for clarifying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The dvb standard used allows now and next programme data to be carried with the channel audio and video data but any additional channel data would have to be carried separately to be displayed in a programme guide, like Freesat or Sky for example.

Advertisement