Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing covid symptoms

• 09-02-2022 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has lingering covid symptoms. Just over 2 weeks since I got positive PCR and I have what I could only call a 'tacky' mouth, almost like a dehydrated feeling. I'm not dehydrated and drinking loads but it just lingers on. It's actually quite annoying now and am beginning to wonder if it's something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’m 3 weeks after positive test and only really feeling ok last day or two. Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah I'm exhausted too. I was just wondering if anyone had that sort of symptom though. GP mentioned diabetes which freaked me out a bit...still thinking it's covid related.

You may have Xerostomia. It's a known symptom of Covid. It's caused by the infection affecting the salivary glands. Persistent symptoms two weeks after is not unusual. Give it time. Beyond that talk to your GP and follow their advice.

Advertisement