Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-Vaxxer arrested over death of Donegal COVID patient

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

He thinks he's 'winning' in some way there, but he got the fine and the penalty points in the end anyway. All he managed to do was waste more of him own time than the guard ordinarily would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Sure. No blame could possibly be assigned to the patient who decided to discharge themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

At the moment, he's not being prosecuted at all. If he is prosecuted for anything, it will be his actions, not his opinions; there are no offences in Irish law which consist simply of holding certain opinions. You have to actually do something to be prosecuted.

The fact that Mr McCarron chose to leave the hospital will not necessarily prevent Murredu being prosecuted; its relevance will depend on what Murredu is prosecuted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,641 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

TBF I think he has paid the price for whatever mistake he may have made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

At least, now that the blasphemy statutes have been repealed. 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

His supporters are the same. Losers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

McCarron was as big a conspiracy theory nut as the guy arrested. He wanted to leave hospital and left end of.

They can possibly trespass this guy where he will receive a fine but that is all. We don't do aggressive prosecutions in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah true. McCarron was a fan of Ben Gilroy

What Mureddu did in hospital was morally indefensible - Im not sure he can be legally charged for anything. That said Mureddu is racking up all the charges too.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

He is a class A dope. I have seen some of his traffic stops and it is to the credit of the Gardai that he didn't have his face smashed in. Is there not some EU rule that says those who don't add anything to a country can be deported?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes there is but we don't bother with that sort of thing here

You don't have a right to settle in another member state unless you can support yourself.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭paul71

• A member state can restrict free movement on the grounds of public policy, public security or public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

He's got a lot of supporters here. It's a Gemma o Doherty fan club on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

I don't think people asking what law he has broken and what he can be charged with are "supporters"

There are bellends on here who are calling for him to be jailed and then deported for his opinions. So punishing people for their views is ok now? The same people bitch about other governments banging people up for their views.

This guy might be a nut but that's not a crime.

Lt. Caffey: "it was oregano, Dave. It was $10 worth of oregano."

Dave: "Yeah, well your client thought it was marijuana."

Lt Caffey: My client's a moron, that's not against the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No, not for his opinions, for his actions which include repeatedly breaking the law.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement