Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got COVID twice within a six week period

Options
  • 07-02-2022 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

My adult son had covid over christmas (confirmed by PCR) . He had been moderately sick with it but was clear on the HSE antigens after the isolation period was up. He was fine after that. He now has covid again - symptomatic and confirmed by the HSE antigen kit. Several of us in the house had confirmed covid at christmas.

We were hoping that was the end of covid for a while for us but that hasn't quite worked out. We speculate in the house that perhaps he had delta at christmas and omicron now but clearly we can't be certain. He's isolating and the one who hasnt had covid yet is following the antigen protocol from the HSE (no sign of covid so far).

Those of us who had covid at christmas are wondering are we going to catch it again. Any thoughts as to what might be going on?

thanks

NMG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I think you've hit the nail on the head... you got unlucky. You probably had Delta at Christmas, and then Omicron in the house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

Don't know how relevant this is but seen it earlier

Variants of SARS-CoV-2 - Wikipedia

The Omicron variant, known as lineage B.1.1.529, was declared a variant of concern by the World Health Organization on 26 November 2021.[147]

The variant has a large number of mutations, of which some are concerning. The number of cases in the B.1.1.529 lineage is increasing in all areas of South Africa. Some evidence shows that this variant has an increased risk of reinfection. Studies are underway to evaluate the exact impact on transmissibility, mortality, and other factors.[148]

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Did he get a negative antigen test result after he recovered after Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Yes he was negative at around day 10.

Folks - thanks for the comments above. Hopefully that's the last of it in this house for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You have plenty of natural immunity now which should stand to you.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Steveimitation

This has just happened to me too. Nailed by positive test on Xmas eve and now another one today after being in a pub last Saturday. I'd like to think that's my lot for a while and that the first infection was delta and the other omicron. First time round the only symptom was a change in taste. This happened again this week. However on this occasion I've got plenty of other symptoms too. I've read that change/loss of taste isn't typical with omicron so I just hope I've not been hit with delta twice and omicron awaits me later.

Advertisement