Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW24 Transfer Thread

• 05-02-2022 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭

Lowton out for DGW26er def Coady maybe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭The Guru 123

Surely you get Kilman or Nouri over Coady? Both a little cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Am I crazy to get Son in instead of Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Liverpool's DGW is not until GW26, this is GW24.

As of now, I don't think Salah will start this GW and may not even play at all.

Yeah this is my thinking, a -4 this week and another next week would get him in when we have more info

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

well aware of that but with short gameweeks you can plan ahead and save having to use fh, you can use bb or tc then

taking -4 on short gw is a bit of a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I think Klopp will prefer to rest him for this one game given he is off the back of three 120 minute games in about 8 days. !f Liverpool need a goal after 65 minutes he probably would come on, if they dont then theres a chance he sits the entire game out. Of course if we're wrong on that Salah buyers and owners could have a serious differential but I thought he looked tired and lacklustre in the final last night and is in need of a rest. He is back in the UK now as of about an hour ago so anything could happen.

Ive 2 FTs this week for the purpose of getting Salah back in. Think I might just use one to sell Alonso and roll the other. Though I am tempted to replace either Dennis or Watkins with Edouard who has some form and 5 of his next 6 fixtures are decent. Watkins has done sod all for weeks now, he is getting chances but not putting them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think I’m gonna bank the FT. Though there is plenty of moves to make, I think 2 FT’s going into GW25 will be more valuable.

The break & recent Cup games have altered things so best to sit out & observe for next moves.

The big issue is captain, my City assets be ideal but minutes are now unsure. Jota v Leicester or Son v Soton are also tempting.

I run the risk of Dias not starting & have no defender bench cover either. So could make a move there.

Team:

Martinez (DDG)

Dias TAA Robertson (Livra , Johnson)

Sterling Foden Jota Son Bowen

Antonio Dennis (King)

Anyone any thoughts on captain & am I right to hold off on transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Chesty I thought I saw somewhere that Livra is back from injury so you might have cover for Dias if 3-5-2 is what you are playing. I saw Citys clean sheet odds are 58% v Brentford so likely points there.

Son at home to Soton would seem like the best captaincy option if you dont want to risk your captain not getting 90 minutes a la Foden or Sterling. Bowen has Watford at home, another option but I think Son has a higher ceiling especially now Kane is back to form, at least compared to Antonio. Im leaning towards captaining Kane myself over other options like Foden & Bowen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Zico !

Looking at either Debruyne or mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Might go Rudiger to Cancelo....it's about 17 weeks too late but hoping himself and Laporte will be solid for the next few games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

That would be welcome news on Livra. It negates the need for a transfer there.

Ye I do agree on Son but he hasn’t really been doing much all season.

What about Jota? You look at the cup games & Jota has been scoring well. He looks sure to play 90 & I think Liverpool will be really focussed on not getting caught on the hop by Leicester agsin (like at Xmas)

Its one ti ponder alright

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pretty sure Livra started the cup game for Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Benimar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I brought Bruno in and he’s yellow flagged lol. If I hear salah training tomorrow I will wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jorginho to Ramsey done. 2FTs next week with plenty itb to get Salah back in my side. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Reguilon and Broja out

Laporte and Edouard in

Really happy with my squad now.

Wanted to get Edouard in but I think selling Rudiger is taking precedence as he is an empty slot for the next 4ish GWs.

• Advertisement

Alonso/Gundogan to Laporte/Salah for -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thinking Cancelo may be a decent option for captain. Salah did look tired and may not get a full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll probably leave Salah and captain Kane. Alonso to Laporte/Digne will be my ft. Leaning towards Digne as he has nice fixtures and a game in GW30 Swore I'd never buy him again after the last time but maybe it can be a fresh start for both of us now that's he's left Everton!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Boring one but gonna bring in Dalot. Not convinced he'll play 3 games in a week but he's cheap and better than Diop

• Registered Users Posts: 20,322 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Think I'll bank. Have a good looking squad for this gameweek as it is. Lots of good underlying stats..... (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Have 2 transfers and 2.8 million in the bank to dispose of greenwood. No one is jumping out, have salah, jota, Bowen and foden.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭The Guru 123

Think I'd go Cornet there myself. Playing OOP and has lots of doubles

i don’t like that palace’s next few matches are mostly away from home. Their away form is bad and were it not for the improbable win vs city away, they would be the worst away team in the entire league.

I was looking at Buendia and Ramsey at Villa more than Coutinho. I think coutinho could be a trap. Maybe I need to look again. obviously by picking Ramsey I could upgrade other players into Kane or Son or KDB.

• Advertisement

Yeah he’s a consideration. What put me off him he’s only played around half Burnley’s games and only past the 80 minute mark 4 times and the game vs Watford was his first 90 mins.

Advertisement