Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should I buy a PHEV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ok. So it's the overall average you're showing. Does the Tucson have an app? The Skoda app is very good for stats. How much petrol have you put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Im sure it does , have not downloaded yet will do this eve

got car last friday and ive put no petrol in , came with a full tank so didnt need to , so i've had 70km left if petrol in tank since thur and still same today so using full ev mode

Need to sort their **** out ecars swords mainstreet avoid

As pointed put by Gumbo

tesla are selling type 2 charging cables for €99 delivered , 4meter long

How are things going with the new car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Max H

interested in this thread as considering exact same model as Eircom sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Don't commute, retired, short trips to the shops, visit the parents in law, running into town once a week about 70km as we are rural, then once or twice a year drive across France to go skiing

Oops double post

70km round trip

• Advertisement

Sounds ideal for your driving needs, wait and see the real world consumption figures are like from eircom sucks. I'm assuming you're going to get a home chargepoint installed.

Hyundai said they are doing a deal, that if we change electric suppliers to i think it was SSE then they install home charger for free

Going great , charged everyday for past week in Lidl for free so in the two and a half weeks ive had it i only put €20 petrol in it and

getting the 60km from battery aswell and its so smooth to drive

getting a wall box installed in a week or two

currently off work with covid ( no real symptoms ) but out having a cruise everyday and my fuel per 100km has gone from 8.0 litres to 4.9 , so will only come down once charged everyday

Go for it you won't be disapointed and i'm comming from a golf gtd 2013

Seen that , must look at their rates

if seems to good to be true then it usually is

Do you drive it in the auto mode, where it uses both the ice and the electric motor, and does that improve fuel consumption

when its charged i use it in pure ev mode hence the consumption going down , i don't use it in hybrid mode

i have a 60km range on pure ev mode , so why bother using hybrid

if im gonna do a long journey then i will use hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ralphie20

Long time lurker, first time poster! Just picked up my new Tucson PHEV yesterday, absolutely loved driving it home. First time driving anything even partially electric, I traded up from a 161 Tucson premium (so I really miss that panoramic sunroof!!)

driving home yesterday, I seemed to be in EV mode but I noticed the petrol KM’s dropping too? My drive was from longmile road to The Ward, rush hour traffic too so wasn’t going anywhere in a hurry!

bit confused as to why I was using battery and petrol? Not going over the EV range and wasn’t in hybrid mode either. there may be a reasonable explanation so just said I’d pop on here to ask.

also - the home charger. Just thought I’d share my 2 cents! Called around a few places that come out and do it all for you, going for the Wallbox pulsar plus. Cost to purchase and install was between 1350 -1500. Wait time was going to be about 2 weeks. So instead I went to electrical wholesaler and bought the unit and clamp it was approx €850, and my electrician will fit and supply the cert for €350. Wallbox goes in today so I will report back!

side note - have really enjoyed reading this thread, very helpful. Thanks all

Lets say you have 500km in petrol in the car and 60km in electric range , it will say 560km in total and will deduct from that total

once you see the ev in green light , you are in electric mode

what model phev did you get ?

i got the awd automatic executive plus in black

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Great choice with the Tucson PHEV.

Eircom_sucks may have answered your query.

However, the other things to be aware of is that you may have been in automatic mode as opposed to ev mode where the engine may kick in when it is efficient to do so (on a steep incline etc). Also, if you had the heating on, the engine will have been running.

At the end of the journey it will give you a breakdown of litres/100km and you know you have completed a full EV mode journey if this is 0.0.

• Advertisement

Ah thanks for that eircom sucks and killer k! I thought the km was the petrol I had left as it is on that side of the display and as it was decreasing I was worried I was driving it wrong. thought I must be pushing too hard but I was still in EV which was totally confusing me. You can tell I'm a newbie! I got the exact same as yourself except mine is white with black roof (or lid as I like to say!) few pics attached. Loving the apple CarPlay - a lovely touch as I've never had that before! feels a lot more luxe than my 2016 but would be delighted had they carried over the panoramic sunroof on that model! Perhaps in a few years they will.

edit - my average at the end of my last drive was 0.7/100 - so not half bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Great choice. PHEV is great. Lovely yoke. Love the white. Is it metallic?

Yes I think there’s a pearlescent twinkle to it alright! Some of the colours they have for the Tucson’s are just fab!! There is an amazing teal colour also. Delighted with it. Hopefully saves me a few quid, the last car was taking about €85 in diesel every 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Whys that ?

bit late with your comment

Does your tail light led work right accross the rear ? Looks like it doesnt

Great question actually - it’s not goT the keys in the car there so it’s completely shut off. Just asked a family member to take a look at it on there while I was in the car and it didn’t come on - do you mind me asking how did you tell?

I have to be honest I really jumped into this car, I was going in for a newer version but still second hand and came out with this purely because the price justification on used cars vs new right now. So there’s a few things I’m still not sure about which I’m definitely struggling with as I’m usually never this impulsive and think these things through to no end!

the wall box went on this morning. Delighted with it, did a 52% charge in 1hr 14m on 32A. App needs to be opened in very close proximity to the unit to be able to read the info on the charge etc. still a cool little piece of kit all the same.

my model is the executuve plus

them rear led lights are only on the executive plus models

you are lucky to have a home charger already

i have one sourced and an electrician to install , but then i hear hyudai and energia have a deal that if you change to energia you get a free wall box and installation etc so will check this out and the unit rates etc to see wether its a viable option

i'm only down in Finglas if you have any issues just pm me

great car to drive when in electric mode , so quiet and smooth compared to my old diesel

mine Is executive plus also, I’m waiting on the garage to call me back because I also have a take of questions. For example, mine is executive plus but Bluelink services aren’t working?

god driving in electric mode is something else, feels so smooth and dont even start me on automatic! I’ve only ever driven manual so I feel like I’m driving on a cloud! It’s amazing so far! Yes very lucky re charger, we are in a new build so electrician was still fresh in the phone contacts, we got lucky! We bought Wallbox and clamp from Kelleher’s electrical just there in Finglas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Absolutely. On my second PHEV and fourth automatic and would never consider going back to a manual diesel. As much as I liked my manual diesels!

Advertisement