Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eartags 2022

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

As a matter of interest, how are you using yours?

Have you paired it up with any particular software packages / phone apps or just using the Agrident software to download tag batches/groups at the end of a job?

Have plenty of testing to do now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Are the vets carrying them now for TB testing?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

I'd say mostly not yet, the last one here had a handheld with barcode scanner, but mostly entered the last 5 digits manually while testing.

There is an issue with older cattle which may be in herds for a while yet, the old IE tags visual number does not /can not correspond to the EID number as they don't support letters (If fitted with an EID tag at all,). There will still be cattle with no EID tags, both IE and 272 for a long while yet.

Of course some farms may opt to go entirely EID, but if they have IE tags still will need a "link list" to connect IE tags to their EID numbers which is not generally available to Vet/Department/ICBF etc.

I wrote some reviews on the different tag readers I've been testing.

https://farmer-eds-shed.com/livestock-hdx-tag-reader-reviews/

• Advertisement
Advertisement