Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 nations 22

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If you read the comments under that Guardian article, most viewers considered it nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

It wasn’t the Guardian btw. But don’t let that cloud your views on Saint Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Do you have to be a child in your response? Are you incapable of adult conversation? If you have to resort to demeaning and abusing people like that because they don’t agree with you then you really shouldn’t be coming into a discussion forum.

Sexton played a central role in Ireland making 8 clean line breaks, beating 26 defenders, making 555m etc etc. Ireland played well overall in that game if you watch it back. We forced a few passes (don’t think Sexton was guilty of that at all) that if we hadn’t would have seen us score a few more tries. Sexton was pivotal in putting us in those positions. He was also responsible for 1 stupid penalty that gave England 3 points and wasn’t at his best this weekend against Scotland. I’m not afraid to be critical of the guy, but I’m also not itching to give him stick either. You know, like a grown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ham Grenade

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ha! Pot, meet kettle.

Don’t worry, I’m not in the least bit wound up. Just looking to have a grown up conversation even if it involves differing opinions. Maybe especially when it involves differing opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Braindead Gorilla

Discussion forum? sure let’s trot out everything Clongowes and Rock for twenty years and hammer it down peoples throats through manipulation of the discussion and fury. And it has stuck. And falsehood has become reality.

Discuss all you like - the question is are you impartial and can you therefore be taken seriously - the answer is negative! The same goes for the rest of the hacks on here!

Act as happy and positive as you like - the result of your machinations has already borne fruit in the destruction of our economy. Not to mention the effect it has had on the wider world and those from other countries looking at the fury to destroy. It is getting and will continue to get worse despite happy spas going around spreading pleasure like O Driscoll and that pion of falsehood Craig Doyle. Trot Tubridy out on his 500k per year and call us zombies because we don’t rip off the taxpayers with his brand of shite.

When two opposing forces cannot find resolution destruction is caused on an epic scale. Happiness won’t resolve it. Only justice will do that. And there will have to be recriminations for the shite trotted our in this country since the early 90’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Are you like the 4th alt account of The Rape of Lucretia? Been a lot of identikit posts made from multiple new accounts in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Lol. You need to step away from the internet for a while

• Subscribers Posts: 41,141 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

aptly named poster.

nothing more than a rereg troll

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Jesus! What the ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Sexton played for St Marys, not Clongowes or "Rock"

Just an FYI, please continue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭TRC10

Great to see such mature, sophisticated rugby chat

God! Some people just stir the pot. I thinks it's getting worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

The post count is a useful thing to acknowledge before measuring one's extent of response!

Is there anything Dupont can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I see quite a few media sources (RTE and Irish Times included), show France topping the table with 25 points.

5 wins gets a team 20 points and we then add the Bonus points. To get one of those, a team has to score at least 4 tries. When I look at match results, I see only two matches where France did that.

Where I went to school, 20+2=22. Where does 25 points come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭irelandrover

3 bonus points for winning all matches. Its to ensure that the team doing the grand slam tops teh table.

3 extra points for the grand slam. It’s to avoid a situation in which a team gets the grand slam but with no bonus points (ie. 20 points) and another team loses a game but gets full bonus points across all games (potentially 22 points….if within 7 and 4 tries in the game they lose)

a grand slam should always win the tournament so they award the extra points to make sure that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Ah, OK. Thanks - strange rule.

Good rule. It would be no good if the grand slam winner didn’t win the tournament. The grand slam has always been the ultimate achievement in the 6N and should remain so

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen the Dan Biggar interview after last weekends loss? Brutally honest viewpoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

He basically said that some lads aren't up for it and that's the end of their international careers. Brutally honest

I've thought Jonathan Davies has looked way off the pace for about a season now, perhaps he's one of the guys he was referring to. Though he didn't play last week. Maybe Alun Wyn Jones? Or maybe some other guys that weren't trying hard enough across the team.

Post edited by Jump_In_Jack on

Davies didnt play, but certainly looks past it as a test player.

McNicholl, Halaholo, Gareth Thomas from that stating team certainly look below test standard.

Biggar can't drop players, that's up to Pivac and Pivac said Biggar was over-emotional after the match.

I doubt anyone will be dropped forever based on one bad team performance.

This is part of what Biggar said:

"From the get go, we weren’t quite at it and you get punished. I can’t give you a reason why. I don’t know what the answer is.

"Too many boys not quite up to speed. We were second in any loose balls and in any balls in the air. It’s just really disappointing that something we pride ourselves on that requires no talent, but work ethic, we were well short today and that’s got to be looked at very very closely."

The Welch pack was not able to get on top of Italy. Italy were attacking from different angles and had some success. The way I see Wales now, is they are suffering from a lack of quality in the URC. The regions are poor! The established players are not bringing up the younger players. After watching Cardiff getting destroyed last week, I thought they were not at the same level as the Boks. Clearly Wales need to revive the regions, somehow. For the URC, it's not good to have the regions being so mediocre. With the likes of AWJ and Liam Williams getting older, they may struggle for a while.

It's similar to Scotland who's u20's are dire and have been for a while. Although the Warrios and Edinburgh are competitive in the URC, I fear they will be reliant on imports.

I would not be shocked if Italy beats Scotland next year. The quality is evident to see in the future of Italy's young generation. This year's Italian u20 pack was very tough and physical. They were skilled too! I would guess that while Italy won't win a 6nations for a while, they will be a tougher opponent.

Biggar spoke honestly and was emotional! No, he doesn't select the side and perhaps Pivac doesn't change much but, there is a worrying sign for Wales that at the underage level, they are not at the races.

Pivac may not make it through the year! He bought a lifeline last year through luck and won a 6nations. Their summer tour will be interesting.

this is a very good twitter thread which describes the real **** state that welsh rugby is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

• Advertisement
Advertisement