Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 nations 22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,983 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Brainless by Itoje,

fućkkkkkkk hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

England have no attacking capability.

Short of garryowens they have nothing. Their backline is seriously average.

Marcus smidth has nothing outside him worth passing a ball to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Yet again, every England receiver after Smith is standing way too deep. The next receiver after that one is also too deep and they're losing 5 or 10 metres every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Itoje getting his pocket picked a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I do get your point. I should have worded it better. I know it's not schoolboys rugby. England shouldn't do big mistakes like that if they want to beat a team with an eye on the GS. That stuff is pretty much criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

England still in it

Marcus Smith could be the plaster boy of the 6N in the next few years

No behind this pack or leading this backline he wont be

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's really strange to see England conceding most of the penalties along with losing most of the turnovers to France while England are only 5 points behind. If they won this scrum & go for a try; they would have been ahead of France with a 2 point conversion up ahead if they wanted to go for it. Would Marcus Smith consistently kicking over the 3 points through the posts for England could be the only hope for them to win this game against France? In a game where a GS is on the line for France. That would seem like an impossible task to do in the likes of Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Not a hope England draw or win this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Surely a knock-on in the build-up there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ball clearly went forward twice in all that.

payper is having a laugh

Forward pass in the build up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Xander10

All started with Smith's misplaced kick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very disappointing first half performance from England. They're just so disorganised in attack. They're essentially looking for Smith to magic something out if nothing, but not giving him any attacking structure to play off of.

Compare that to Ireland where the first receiver always had at least two options to pass to and another dummy runner drawing a defender. I don't understand what it is they're trying to build towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

England's attacking plan is like Ireland in the 1990s.

A lot of home town decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Rustyman101

Nah as sloppy as France have been , England don't look like scoring a try, I keep forgetting I'm shouting for England! Old habits only time I'd cheer for England if they were playing kilkenny!

This France team are mind-blowingly good. The power and skill combined. Its like some Frankenstein hybrid or the best attributes of the Spingboks and the All Black's combined.

France have 2 tries now. England's focus in this game is now shot to pieces in a blink of an eye.

• Advertisement

Very generous call there saying it was backwards off Willemse.

The one area I think France are vulnerable in is the last 20 mins. They seem to be not quite as fit as the other 6 nations teams and tend to gas out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

France are currently the worlds best side imo. If they hadn’t spilled so much pill in the first 40 they would be out of sight. Their attack is highly organised and the use of their props, the short angles etc is top drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

The English backs coach... some man.

Yes thought so, the overhead angle showed forward by about three feet ffs, the 10 meter line was the perfect reference to see….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He's trying to make up for the 2019 world cup

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

100% knock on there. Not even questionable.

France were only a couple of passes away from tearing England a new one in that first half. And England never put them defending their own line.

This is a foregone conclusion already and an english win here would dwarf what italy did today.

• Advertisement

Strange to see England getting dominated physically though. Pretty comprehensive in the rucks to my innocent eyes although I defer to those with more knowledge of the nitty gritty of rugby.

Advertisement