Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is crypto era over?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Different chains have different utilities. By your logic Oracle would be the largest tech company. If large institutions and countries set up their own CBDC it opens the door to hacks and they will need to be maintained. CBDC’s thought almost inevitably may very well move to more secure already available infrastructure though one they can control.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

It would appear that all major players are going to be using blockchain, and they will be running their own private chain, so 99% of the blockchains are dead in the water, no one of note will be using them, that's where Chainlink enters and sucks up all the value, it will enable all these public/private blockchains to transact with each other.... for a fee!

I'll dumb it down again, The DTCC are the custodians of all the shares traded on the NYSE, massive number of transactions per day, all using Chainlink, all paying a fee. Not only them but Euroclear, the EU equivalent will be using Chainlink, paying a fee for every transaction, then we have SWIFT using Chainlink and paying a fee for every transaction, all these fees are paid to Chainlink stakers!

Chainlink has made 99% of crypto projects obsolete, they wont be adopted, I'm guessing R3 and Hyperledger will provide the blockchains to who ever wants them, Chainlink will connect them(for a fee).

As speculated earlier , BTC was trojan horse to get best brains into crypto, now that the technology has advanced, its ready for prime time.

IC3 is an initiative of faculty members at Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, Cornell Tech, EPFL, ETH Zurich, UC Berkeley, University College London, UIUC and the Technion. It's based at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech in NYC.

Post edited by dirk_dangler on

Can see these two providing custom blockchain solution to the market, Siloed away from the real world and then using Chainlink for transactions and security, I imagine if SWIFT are using Chainlink for transaction that the security is solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,783 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Don't google Mexico about this. Mexico is in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Suspicious first post. Are you laying the groundwork for an attempt to scam us? 😉

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Why would a public decentralised blockchain interact with a swift centralised private blockchain when the whole point of blockchain / crypto is to remove a 3rd party from a financial transaction?

Have ye thought this through dirk lad?

Panorama BBC One 8 pm 25th September. Downfall of the Crypto King.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001qx1l

Link up 25% in the last 30 days, I always said it, listen to dirk he’ll make us all rich

• Registered Users Posts: 17,805 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

"I have Link, buy it, so the price goes up"

I have LINK as well, had it since 2019, it's been a **** performer compared to many others, but maybe if more idiots pile into it the price will go up, like any crypto. The game is just to find the crap that will appeal to dumb investors.

Don’t have any meself but 25% is pretty impressive in the current climate, wouldn’t begrudge anybody a profit, not even dirk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is it? Seems to be the usual cycle going on here (never owned, never will own).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

All of central America is in North America.

The whole point is to profit, blockchain will bring savings to users over legacy systems, you either move to a blockchain solution or your rival who has will undercut you and take your clients.

Banks will have their own private chains, and Chainlink will connect all chains, both private and public together........for a fee!

Just look at the info in the posts i have made and then make up your own mind, believe it or not i would like everyone here to make serious profits, most wont as they are stuck thinking of blockchain as cryptocurrency, think more on the lines of utility/infrastructure, which ones will be used in the coming years

$LINK was 30c on 1/1/19 and on the 1/1/20 it was $1.76 ,then it went on to hit $52.70 on 10/5/21, so how do you make $LINK out to be a **** performer compared to many others?

If you really did buy any time in 2019, you could have sold anytime since then and made a profit! It never again went below $1.76

Me thinks you bitter that you did not load up on $LINK when it was dirt cheap, but yourself and others fail to realise it still is dirt cheap.

if there ever is a thread of legendary boards posts yours will surely be in the top 10, you and several others stubbornly refuse to interact/refute with all the evidence presented to you, its like you believe that you have missed the $LINK boat and refuse to accept it is going to be as big as the evidence shows, so you think its better to ignore and hope it goes away.

SWIFT and The DTCC , these two alone should have you extremely interested in $LINK, but for some reason you have a mental block, well I'm here to tell you its still early, get into this thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058197394/the-make-it-portfolio and see where $LINK is heading..............total domination of the blockchain world.

Don't be the boards version of Paul Krugman

Calm down.

When people here and elsewhere started harping on about Link being the next Messiah in 1h 2019, I bought some in batches, I think around 1, 2 or 3 eur each, it's now worth 7. That is crap relative to many other alts for the same approx period.

Eth was just over 100 eur in first half 2019, now it's 15x that. The Eth I used to buy Link with was a better performer, that's never a good sign for an alt, which are supposed to have a better risk/reward that Eth (otherwise what's the point)

Like a good chunk of my portfolio I sold some 1h 2021.

Let me guess, you just appeared at the 2021 bull..

What was Link at the beginning of 2021? 15 eur? 20 eur?

Eth has some issues with the top holders holding relatively high percentages:

Percentage 7d Change Address Holders 244,797,533 Top 10 Holders 34.96% Top 20 Holders 37.54% Top 50 Holders 42.33% Top 100 Holders 47.63%

I saw another where it was actually over 60%.

This spiel.

There have been dozens of alts paraded through here in the last 10 years, each lauded in exactly the same way, that they'll be the next big utility/whatever thing. Each one playing the "watch this space in the next few years" record. None of course even come close to that. Just 99% solutions to problems that don't exist, never-ending development, version 3.0, version 4.0, endless "partnerships". All just to create hype..

Hype to create speculation. Which is all this is about.

believe it or not i would like everyone here to make serious profits

Or you want people to buy whatever coin you're holding in order to boost it's value under the guise of "I want us all to become rich" (half will make money off the other half)

I've bought lemons, and taken a hard loss. I've also bought ridiculous gainers. I'm very happy with my net, but it's all garbage.

Facts are any $LINK you bought are in profit, cant say that about most crypto.

I got into $LINK in the 20c range

Going to see a lot more of this around here in the future as $LINK continues to rise in price

• Advertisement

It's going to be $100 next year, according to the forecasts.

Dear lord, willful ignorance is inexcusable, the info that i have posted is easily verified, Chainlink ain't some vaporware, SWIFT and The DTCC are using it, let that sink in, the number of transactions from them alone each day is massive and all generating a fee for Chainlink paid in $LINK.

How delusional are you to think that Boards.ie can move the market "you want people to buy whatever coin you're holding in order to boost it's value"

Look closely at the following tweet, engage you brain , think of SWIFT & DTCC transactions daily and the fees paid, now add in countless other users and the fees generated

Yes I can say it about most crypto, almost everything I have is up since the 2019 bear. That's because some schmuck is willing to pay more than I did for something that does nothing.

Doge is up massively, does that mean it's good? No.

How many global companies that would fold tomorrow if Chainlink ceased to exist? Zero.

Have much revenue does Chainlink make in comparison to it's token sales? Next to nothing.

It's just another "appeal to future" crypto marketing scheme with a bunch of bolted on technologies and neverending development to keep the hype flowing, to keep stupid investors buying it's only actual product, a conjured out of thin-air token for sale for cold hard cash on secondary markets, while it's holders evangelise it to others.

I've made money from Link and I'm also up, but the difference is I am honest about this stuff.

Oh and I'm pretty sure there'll be another hype wave (end 2024/2025) which drags most crypto values up as morons pile in, including Link. They just have to try to make **** that appears to float above the other **** in this market, that's the game :)

Fantastic news!

How much revenue have they gained from DTCC and SWIFT?

Real figures now, no excuses or deflections or "it's only beginning" or any of that crypto BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭TedBundysDriver

It is all garbage but as long as there are suckers out there then money is to be made. I made 11k on a coin called Safemoon a couple of years back for 200 euro "investment". Thing got pumped out of existence and lots of fools got burnt.

If we learn anything about the history of crypto is that nothing is certain, layer out when anything pumps massively. Things are too uncertain and others that got in before you at lower prices may be locked in and waiting to dump.

There are sites for unlock schedules and low circulating supplies are a sign of more token issuance or locked tokens. Even if you are evangelical in your beliefs you need to be pragmatic and look to protect your gains. Looking at a balance increasing might feel good but nothing is profit until you cash out. You should always be looking to layer out when things pump, you don’t need to sell all your holdings but watching an asset go up and down while sitting on it is madness. You can get back in positions again while taking some profits.

Near CEO resigns, no details given for the resignation:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

I'm curious since you've been in and out for multiple cycles, what type of approach do you take to selling during the hype phases? Do you have some formula or percentage you sell in intervals or anything like that? I'm holding most since 2017 and really want to secure major profits next time around

Like most I pick a price point and sell in percentages. For example, someone may decide to sell e.g. 10% of their BTC when it hits 40k, then another 10% when it hits 43k. And so on. It removes emotion from the equation, has worked very well so far. The percentages and price points are entirely up to you, but you'll be far more rational right now than you will be during a bull run, so make the decisions now, they pay off in the long term. Greed is the killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Advertisement