Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards vs Real Life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭eggy81

Have a lie down there before you do yourself a mischief. Flipping hell.

I remember crisp guy and was at the receiving end of a cutting remark or two from him.

Anyways we won't speak ill of those who are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I remember that. Those threads were great but that guy would continually interject with very lame attempts at jokes, and insults.

He even started calling me “a rat” when he managed to get himself warned by a mod, not one of his mates. A ridiculous accusation considering his mates would see it and I had only ever reported 1 post at that stage.

Anyway, he ended up getting banned from his own thread for ignoring the mod “instruction” before the tournament could finish. Comical stuff. He was, obviously, reinstated once his friends “had words” with the mod who went rogue.

Sorry you felt you had to leave the site after your experience. Can’t say I enjoyed mine, especially with the “pile ons”, but I did my best to ignore it and move on.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Not all the middle-aged men around here, but the really weird ones who are so lacking in spirit, motivation and life that they decide to spend their days listening to radio shows they hate, watching Tv programmes they hate; criticising young people and female politicians etc.

The sort who mistake their pitch black cynicism as some sort of witty criticism. Like what happened to them? Unrelenting bleakness and irritation/anger from getting up to going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I noticed you insulted him first, yes. Very nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm a lot less confrontational in real life: I'll tend to argue a point here whereas IRL I'd just do an internal eye-roll and find someone else to talk to...

At one of the first Boards Beers I went to (back when they were a thing) there was a certain poster who exclaimed about five minutes after meeting me: "but you can't be Sleepy... you're too nice... he's an ASSHOLE!" 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭HBC08

Wow,you've some imagination.

It's a pity you wouldn't harness it for something positive.

Granted there are people as you describe,but why pick on that small cohort? The same anger and bitterness you accuse them of is consistent throughout all your posts.I hope you're not like that in real life,that's a twisted way to be.

Your post(s) are dripping with vitriol and disdain, you're giving out about (mostly) fictitious middle aged men who give out about everything online,they (mostly)only live in your head.

Do you see the hypocrisy/delusion/projecting going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

WTF is going on in this thread.

Something something Omackeral, JohnnyFlash.. multiple accounts, "genuine posters" and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think it's more similar to real life than Twitter for example.

Theres isn't many of those who get offened by almost everything , those who don't like discussion, those you've to tip toe around, etc on here.

Similar to those obsessed with Covid/wearing masks. Fairly common on Twitter but not so much on here or in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I never encounter any intellectual heavyweights or armchair psychologists in real life so its a lot different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You have to laugh at the posters constantly complaining about middle-aged men who are taking swipes at those no longer here over petty online grievances.

It's more like my primary school than my current life at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Agreed. The sock puppeting thread is hilarious with the amount of irony on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty much the same, both are full of high and mighty, judgemental, selfish pricks who can see all the faults in the world but can't see their own. There's a few nice people inbetween, but mostly pricks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - This thread is just being used to have a go at other posters

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement