Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2021 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

we needed that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Early days yet.

ah here

wow, that looked like a turnover to me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Right side of the 49ers offensive line continues to be a problem in pass protection. Gave up a sack there to a 3 man rush.

Packers first 3rd down, less than 2 mins left in the first quarter.

Kittle and Aiyuk with bad drops already, 49ers getting nothing in the run game. Jimmy playing well but hard to overcome these drops.

Compton gives up another sack.

Have the 49ers won a first down yet? Pretty grim stuff so far.

• Advertisement

I think they need to bench Compton. 49ers have 4 3 and outs on offense and 3 sacks on 3rd down, they have lost yards overall so far.

49ers defense have actually been pretty great since the first drive.

Need to stop running Deebo up the middle.

Compton again.

🤷‍♂️

7-0 at half time is fantastic considering how the niners have played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah, but at least the 49ers are in it. Didn't look great early on.

The offense has been anemic though, the kittle drop was huge. Then Jimmy with a huge mistake. 3 points there would have been fine and settled everyone down.

Instead they turn it over and are really lucky not to give up more points. Also Shannahan taking a timeout there was stupid too.

They need to come out and put a drive together here. Even though Jimmy has been fine, Trey Lance may give them a bit of spark which seems to be needed right now.

Green bay should be up at least 3 scores based on the first half.

jesus, such a good start and then two awful penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

49ers killing themselves, if they can stop they have a chance

Defense is playing absolutely lights out since the first drive. Offense has too many self inflicted issues.

• Advertisement

Niners offense has been worse than Baldys internet connection

Thats an awful playcall on 4th down, Kyle hasn't called a good game at all.

I'll take it

Can Jimmy G get the ball into FG range? I feel like my hopes are about to be expertly dashed.

Holy sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Delighted for Rodgers. Very unlikeable person.

Both #1 seeds out in their first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Wow, what a game. Old school, playoff football.

Congrats to the 49ers and their fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Robbie Gould breaking Packer hearts. You love to see it. 😄

For those keeping track

NFC Championships won:

Aaron Rodgers - 1

Rex Grossman - 1

Well that was perfectly delightful.

Wowzers.

• Advertisement

Oh, and to top off the special teams meltdown, the Packers had only 10 men on the field for the game-winning FG.

I have to say I didn't see a way back for SF after that awful playcall on 4th and 1.

Delighted with the result, especially with the way a lot of people seemed to be writing off the 49ers in this game.

So now we get either Rams v 49ers part 3 or Brady vs Jimmy.

Can't wait.

49ers played horrible and still made it through on the road in GB.

49ers might lose but RIP if they eventually play a good game against anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm the biggest Rodgers fan, but at this stage, the numbers are undeniable.

You can't score 10 points in a home playoff game as MVP. You just can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Well that's me 0/2 this weekend. Can't believe the packers couldn't get anything going after they carved them up on the first drive.

My prediction of a 0/4 weekend looking more likely by the second considering today's games were the hardest to call in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,364 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not a great second game but the niners were ahead when it matter and that’s actually all that matters. There’s no style points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Career loss for Rodgers. Another horrendous end to his, and the Packers', season. Two years in a row the #1 seed and only 1 victory to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Only caught the game this morning. 49ers defence and special teams had a fantastic game. Rodgers 0-4 against them in the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Very entertaining stuff last night ,please god the rams and bills can get it done tonight ,a superbowl without the chiefs or tom Brady would be great .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

35m cap hit, he's staying.

Very poor performance on offense, passing game hasn't been good all season and Henry couldn't rescue them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Career loss is right.

This was the season that he was supposed to prove he's on the Mount Rushmore of QBs. I believed he'd do it, as did many. But this is devastating for his legacy.

He has no excuse.

Packers are getting a padded record by virtue of playing in an extremely weak division. The Bears, Lions and to a lesser extent the Vikings are all gimmes. That's 6 games a season that are virtual guaranteed wins. None of them are pushing for playoff births and the Bears and Lions are contenders for worst team in the entire competition. They end up needing only a handful of other wins to clinch a playoff berth as a result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You could have said the same about the Pats for many, many years (and it would have been even more accurate). Things diverge pretty massively once the playoffs kick in though. GB don't just tend to lose in the playoffs, they do so in embarrassing fashion frequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just seen picture online with only 10 men on the field by the Packers for the winning FG. If that's correct that's really poor coaching especially after a timeout

• Advertisement

The difference is the Pats went out and did the business in the playoffs and the Packers just don't. They're in the playoffs year after year and end up getting knocked out pretty quickly. The reality is they've only won one one divisional championship since Rodgers arrived on the scene. Its not a great record considering the number of times they've been active at the business end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Damn it I really wanted to see Rogers vs Brady in the cold of Lambeau field fighting it out for a tkt to Super Bowl. Hate u 49ers horrible defensive team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought the standard of football was pretty poor last night on offense for all four teams. Joe Burrow experienced what Andy Dalton did for many years with poor pass protection. Burrow was the star offensive player on the night despite all the sacks he took.

The Bears and the Lions would've given it a great go against the Packers last night.

The Titans loss was all on Tannehill. He was back to his Miami best which was horrific.

I think that 49ers offense would be a nightmare for any QB, poor pass protection and extremely run-centric. The likes of Lamar would do well there I'd imagine but it's not an offense for a pocket passer imo.

Very tough matchup for the Bucs tonight but it all depends on which Stafford turns up I think. This will be a real test for the Bucs offensive line which is probably the best line in the league. They are facing a three time DPOY and another DPOY who is now fully healthy.

I think the Chiefs experience might just be the difference in the other game. Have to say though that the sudden improvement in Devin Singletary has made a huge difference to the Bills offense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well you couldn't actually say the same about the Pats because, iirc, their win record against non-AFC East teams was better. They were just a very dominant team. Dunno what the Packers record under Rodgers is like vs NFCN compared to non NFCN teams.

Probably a bit off-topic for this thread but I read over on twitter that the Packers will be about $50mill over the cap for next season as is. I think I also saw that if Rodgers, Adams, Bakhtiari and possibly another player leaves then they'll only free up only $6mill in cap space. Rodgers said after the game last night that he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild, so he has almost certainly played his last game for Green Bay.

Looking at the 4th down again, it very much looks like Mitchell made a complete mess of it rather than the play being bad. It looks like it was blocked for him to cut outside and there was potential for a big gain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement