Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android workout app using customised equipment?

Options
  • 14-01-2022 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I've setup a space in the garage with some mats, kettle bells and a pull up bar where I can do pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, etc.

I am looking for a workout app that will give me programs that only use no equipment and the equipment I have.

Can anyone recommend an Android app? Paid is ok if it's good.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If you're looking for programs (Slightly distinct from something that will give you stand-alone workouts) then if you're limited to a few kettlebells and a pull-up bar that might push you towards the likes of Strongfirst and Dan John.

Dan John has been a senior coach for both Strongfirst and Russian Kettlebell Club. http://danjohn.net/ is his original site, which should still give you a flavour of his approach and programming. https://www.danjohnuniversity.com/ is his new paid site, which I haven't used. There's a 14 day free trial.

Strongfirst is one of the larger kettlebell organisations and although I always think they have a kind of weird paramilitary vibe going on, the programming is solid and Pavel Tsatsouline is the big daddy of kettlebell training in the West. Their app has a 7 day free trial.

If you just want to start something then you could do worse than the following:-

"A" day

Pull movement: Pull-ups, 25-50 reps

Push movement: Overhead KB press, 50-100

Squat: Goblet squats, 50-100

Hinge: Single hand KB swing, 50-100

Carry/other: Turkish get ups, 5 per side

"B" day

Pull movement: Chin-ups, 25-50

Push movement: Push ups, 50-100

Squat: KB lunges, 50-100

Hinge: American style KB swing, 50-100

Carry/other: Overhead KB carries, 10 minutes

Alternate "A" and "B" several days a week. I left the sets and reps ambiguous because it's going to depend on what KB weight you have access to and what your goals are. I'm assuming you're looking at several sets of relatively high reps. The above is a riff on Dan John and Pavel Tsatsouline's Easy Strength / 40 Day workout. Progression would be moving to a heavier weight or increasing reps, shortening rest periods.

Advertisement