Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2022 (BBC / Eurosport)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,944 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep he’s only won the German masters… his sole ranking tournament win. Gets knocked out far too early far too often… probably an ok fella but he does tend to have some weird interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I also remember him complaining of not getting enough time on table one and wanting to be playing on TV which I found a bit cringe worthy tbh because in reality he's nowhere near that level yet.

How do we see tomorrow going ? a couple of really nice matches…

Robertson vs O’Sullivan

&

Williams vs Higgins

cant see past Higgins but Robertson vs O’Sullivan should be interesting…Mark Williams has been dispatching the lesser ranked players with gusto but anyone up the top of the rankings he’s lost out to over the last while.

Tough to call all them matches. Think Ronnie beats Robbo, on account of Ronnie should like playing that kind of player. Like you said S, hard to look past Higgins in that particular encounter with the Welshman.

I reckon I at least have the favourites (bookies) picked anyway 😄 , and, at a guess, I'll try to predict their likely odds.

Ronnie 4/5

Higgins 8/11

Trump 10/11

Selby 8/13

Will have a look on odds comparison site, and see how close I am 😊

In the other QFs I'll take Trump to edge out Wilson, and, the one I'm least confident about, I fancy a slight upset, with a Hawkins win there... Might do a small accum on the 4..

Bricks and mortar prices.. ie Ladbrokes / Boyles / Paddy Power

Robertson 1/1 with Boyles and Ladbrokes.. best price online 11/10 v O'Sullivan 4/5 with Boyles and Ladbrokes.. best price online 10/11

Williams 13/8 with Boyles..... best price 13/8 v Higgins 8/15 Ladbrokes.. best price online 7/12

Hawkins 7/4 with Boyles and Lads.. best price online 19/10 v Selby 4/9 with Boyles and Lads... best price online 17/35

Don't see any prices on the Trump v Wilson clash, and no prices from PP quoted...

Got the Ronnie price right.. 1 outta 3... 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

He won the Shanghai Masters a few years back when it was a ranking event. Always thought he had a touch of clinchers disease but he was superb last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wilson seems like a very emotional bloke. Maybe not the best trait when you're trying to get over the line in big matches.

Go on Ronnie!

Really impressive by Robertson, never looked like missing. Confident start.

Ronnie's got some patience and composure nowadays..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Jaysus O'Sullivan is a very deep thinker

Another massive Kyren Wilson love in.. this has been going on for four or more years now... he'll never be 'the second coming' .... I dunno what's up with it... Is he the only half decent Englishman/Brit that's under thirty? Well, if it was the case, then it aint no more 😃 He's not got the 'bums on seats' aura about him either.. a mystery to everyone this level of promotion he gets.. maybe they're going for the 'family man' (young man with 2 kids is unusual enough in the snooker world I suppose) angle to 'draw more fans/players to the game' perhaps..

Anyway..... Gwan The Guv'nor!! 😂

A right good match this.. that red to middle Ronnie missed in last frame wasn't a gimme.. Rarely seen a ball bounce off cushion from so far away from pocket, like the last red Neil potted, and still go in.. Soon as I saw it hit the cushion, I was going "go on Ronnie" ; full sure that it was going to rattle in jaws and stay out 😁

I do wonder sometimes how these players would do if they got transported back to play Joe Davis

Pockets and tables are a bit easy

😁 You remember seeing Joe Davis play??

A different ball game back then... I believe (might be wrong) that if a ball 'left the bed of the table' (think the balls had to remain on the felt, and any bouncing or hopping was against the rules) in them olden times, that it was a foul shot 😲 The speed, and the power the players use nowadays, going by them rules, they'd be fouling left and right... Joe would have had a field day 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Got to fancy sullivan after that century

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Each time the picture on the hoarding of the snooker players comes up beside the table - I try to guess who the players are from the hairline showing

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

O'Sullivan is looking a bit distracted

I reckon he could go awol

^^^^

😁

McGill , Lisowski , Hawkins , MJW , Zhao Xintong , Allen , Ballrun , and Maguire would be my guesses.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Both Robertson and Ronnie making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes in this one

Going to be another belter of a day and night isnt it? All plans cancelled.

......Didnt really have plans anyway.

Ya'd miss Angles on comms on Eurosport.. He would've said: "Ho ho, Ronnie's got the bit between his teeth now!" , or somesuch 😋 Not so much with Dominic Dale.. Far better than Ken anyway, the both of em 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jaysus would the crowd ever manage to sit (still) in their seats for the duration of a frame??? 😡

It's bad enough at a concert, but a snooker match 🙄

London crowd innit. Theyre relatively well behaved these days. They used to be quite nasty to Jimmy and then Ronnies opponents.

Looks like I was wrong , he must have just been fooling around a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Another great match 4-4 spoiled so far. Ronnie looks pumped up.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My money would be on Ronnie to bully himself over the line in this

Was meant for gormdubhgorm's comment/picture above your post Kirk - was a few seconds late in posting it 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Ronnie's been poor from distance today

Advertisement