Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2022 (BBC / Eurosport)

Options

Comments

It's all happening here! 😁

Something about that 'yellow' pocket.. almost mystical how that red dropped, after Selby's pot on black..

Come on Stevie!

Cracking a joke there with ref.. nice bit of psychology... comedy is supposed to be "The Jester's" province 😆

Great red from Selby there... think he's rattled... red went into yellow pocket - usually that would have prompted him to 'jest' ; given what happened in last frame... It's Maguire's match to lose imo.. "Players 'pick up' on these things" 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

No luck there Maguire.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Loads of luck as per usual for Selby… goes about an inch away from leaving the red on, then Maguire leaves a red by missing it and ricocheting and going over the opposite pocket… you’d try that 1000 times and never do it…

As I post that his luck runs out haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,929 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

again, pure luck for Selby ! Jesus

I find it interesting to hear Shaun on commentary when he is still one of the top players and was out competing on the same table the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I don't think Shaun is great at the commentary to be honest, not natural very skripped nearly boring I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great game here. Trump with an incredible steal to make it 4-4

Tightest game all week. BBC2 might run out of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Think this has been the best match of the week so far. Would like to see Allen clear up here to take it to a decider

And another black missed off the spot by Allen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

G'wan Mark. A great match this, just wish I was off work to properly watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bit I picked up on in Studio Jack Lisowski found the Trump Allen match ‘getting a bit boring- plodding along’ until Trump levelled at 4-4. It said to me that Lisowski’s concentration is not even there for watching snooker - never mind playing it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Allen was still in court an hour before the match started.

Bankruptcy hearing?

Wilson is looking very sharp this evening

Bingham would need a good break here to go in 3-1 down and have some chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

This match is turning around...

Time to see if Wilson can forget the last few frames and go again

Highest break of tourney for Stuart - what a comeback!

• Advertisement

Very impressive in amoung the balls

Reanne Evans got an MBE today..

Mark Allen 'had a good day today' ; he said, in post match interview; talking about something that happened (didn't go into any details) earlier on in the day, and before his match...

Radzi, in the Eurosport Studio said that he (Allen) was either in court, or got a 'result' (a good one apparently) from the courts (something along those lines anyway)

Strange kind of coincidence , being as Allen and Reanne Evans have a bit of 'bad blood' among themselves.. those two things were hardly related (Evans' MBE, and Allen's 'result' ) 😁

Second decider today

About 5/1 Wilson makes a frame and match winning contribution from here, imo, the way the reds are sityeeayted 😂

Mon Stuey!

Great attempt to shift the brown

Alan McManus is the commentary GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Great days snooker. Davis on the BBC was funny calling all the aggressive shots the players should play under pressure that he would never have played himself! 😀 (Wilson - Bingham match)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

WD to The Warrior..

Stuart gave Wilson too many goes at that last yellow, from the safety exchange there... almost every time Stuart hit the yellow, he left some sort of a pot on for Wilson..

Was a savage 3 break though, and he was unlucky on position on the red 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Wilson fancies himself a bit too much imo, you can hardly call yourself a game player when you haven't really won anything big yet.

• Advertisement

Be a good match between him and Trump.. bit of a niggle between the two of them... don't really care who wins that match... hard to call - Trump likely the favourite,, a coin toss for me that one; just like most of the matches at this level.

Will go with: Ronnie , Higgins , Trump and Hawkins as the QF winners...

Advertisement