Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man gives birth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

As I stated on the other thread, I have no will to repeat the same "debate" that you insist.

You know damn well at this point the article refers to gender and how the subject of the article chooses to identify.

You disagree with this and don't think it should be allowed. Fine. You can continue to the next stage where you start (incorrectly) using the words science and biology and then a couple of all caps WOKE (and ideology and all the rest of it). But until you or someone else says something new or interesting on the subject then I'm out.

We can't say anything new because there's nothing new about saying that only women can give birth.

To even imply that this is somehow not the truth, as you are trying to do by sneakily crowbarring "gender" to replace "sex", shows how far gone the ideology of anti-reality has become.

Let me ram this home one more time: only women can give birth.

Predictable rant as per. I don't think there is anything sneaky, the word gender is used all over the place and even your beloved Daily Mail used the headline Transgender Man.. the clue was literally in the title.

See you on another thread where you can keep shouting the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's really that simple,it doesn't matter what people self identify as ,only women and girls who have gone through puberty can carry and give birth to babies,

Doesn't matter how many self promotion articles are sold to the media ,a man has not given birth ,on the childs birth registration and birth certificate the parent will be put down as the childs mother ,not father

It's absolutely sneaky.

It's the attempt to, as always, wipe away the existence of biological sex because it's an inconvenience to the anti-reality ideology that "you can be whoever you want to be and whatever you want to be, if only you have enough faith".

Well, I happen to disagree with that, I'm sorry to say.

As only women can give birth, there is no debate to be had.

This reminds me of the 16th century when Galileo argued that the Earth was just one orb of many that circumnavigated the sun. The Catholics hated all the evidence in favour of this position, and so wished it away - and often punished those heretics who continued to speak the scientific truth.

What we are witnessing today is the 21st century version of exactly the same kind of faith-based, pseudo-religious fundamentalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Men can't give birth.

Ohh I forgot that one in the bingo card!

Broken analogies to flat earthers!!

The triad of principles is exactly the same.

• Have enough faith in an ideology.
    • Science denial.
    • Call those who disagree with the ideology "heretics", who are a hateful bunch who must be silenced.

It's all in your head tho. Are you normally this paranoid?

It's kinda funny because I've never supported points one and three. I'm very much pro science and support the scientific method. Based on what I know about you, I'm pretty certain that your grasp on "science" is pretty shaky (you particularly like to misuse the word biology, you are close minded to the point of not even willing to consider new evidence and by your own admission in other threads you base a lot of this on knowing deep deep deep deep deep deep down that it isn't right).

Like I say, wake me up when you change the record, otherwise you are just shouting in your own wee chamber. I don't actually know what the point in this is, are you expecting to change people's minds or something or is it just like whoring for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I've noticed though google alot of these stories are be promoted in the tabloids alot ,the daily mirror seems to regularly pop up ,

Today the headline was no binary child discriminated on a US flight because the mother of child could only select male or female when booking the flight ,and it turns out the child is an adult in there 20's.

• Advertisement

Lol no s**t.. don't you know how modern media works?

You and others like you are being played and it's clear you don't even realise.

Nice try at the gaslighting.

By the way, that still wouldn't disprove the fact anyway that only women can give birth, period.

lol

looks like you don't know what gaslighting is either.. no surprise really - is it just an argument you are looking for? Is that it? Because that's how you come across.

No, the truth.

And the title of this thread is false, so yeah, expect people to rebel against the kind of anti-reality that suggests that grown men can give birth.

If it wasn't an ideology, you'd think this was a comedy sketch.

And sure, you can go for the man rather than the ball because you know perfectly well, deep inside someplace, that only women can give birth. Rather than debate that, you go for the messenger.

Says it all really, the total dearth of evidence and facts and logic from the other side is so strong that they have to resort to this kind of thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@km991148 and @eskimohunt drop it and lets move on please

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

These threads are exactly like the Dail, one side shouting at the other, the other shouts back, the cycle continues and nothing gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Don't mind them, They are science nerds, no respect for empathy, feelings or expression. Everything is provable, quantifiable, measurable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm calling bullshit on you having more empathy than the average science nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I call bull on nearly everyone who says they have empathy. They mean sympathy, but it's cooler to pretend to be empathetic, which is basically impossible imo. I can't put myself into someone elses shoes to "understand" what they're going through. I can sympathise with it, but empathy, I can't see how anyone can be empathetic unless they've had a very similar experience.

My favourite is those who are empathetic to the poor, starving children in third world countries. Yeah, sure Susan, you really feel empathy for those kids as you post on your €1200 iPhone while drinking a Starbucks on a daytrip to Dublin for a bit of shopping. The thought is gone out of your head as quick as it went in.

• Advertisement

A man CAN NOT give birth. Nor can a woman without some input from a man. It’s nature. Simples.

Isn't it amazing, and equally shocking, that this even needs to be asserted?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Jafin

Just because he has transitioned and is sleeping with men does not mean he wasn't sleeping with men before he transitioned. Transitioning doesn't suddenly change who you're attracted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Yet in the eyes of the law under the Gender Recognition Act, a person who is legally recognised as a man can. Writing it off on pure biology is really failing to account for the complexities of the situation. I find that your post is not really being aritculated in good faith

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Gender has deliberately been misused to replace the accurate term of sex. Old school transsexuals, who were tiny in number, generally went through a lot to get to the point of being regarded as the opposite sex - far more than signing a one page GENDER recognition form. They would have lived as the opposite sex for 2 years minimum, had much counselling, taken hormones, had surgery.

You can't have it both ways - if transgender refers to a self declared gender identity then it cannot mean sex. It is a biological fact that ONLY women - people of the female biological sex - are capable of giving birth. How someone identifies their gender does not change their sex, It is a gender recognition form.

Also, gender was a term mainly only used in the USA and has, like most American things, been co-opted here. Americans don't like saying sex in polite company. It makes trans rights activism so much easier.

Women fought and some died for equality. It now seems that it was all for nothing as gender can be chosen at will. I have no problem with transgender, gay, lesbian or anything at all. It pains me that biological gender is dismissed. We cannot change our biological identity and should not be shouted down for stating this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yeah it is really bad faith to argue using biological facts these days.

BTW giving birth is all about biology.😉

Didn't anyone give you the birds and bees lecture ?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

The biology argument extends beyond genetalia though into female like structures in a male brain so you could be right ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It’s not quite as simple as you’re understanding either LB, but I’m not going to accuse you of not articulating your opinion in good faith. I know that’s what you think is specified in the GRA, but it’s not. Irish law doesn’t suggest that men can give birth, it specifies quite the opposite - only women can become pregnant, only women can give birth, and a person who gives birth is only recognised in Irish law as the mother. They are not recognised as fathers.

The GRA only recognises a person’s right to be protected from unlawful discrimination by recognising their preferred gender in Irish law, by which they acquire the rights and obligations of the opposite sex.

It’s freedom of expression that recognises in Irish law anyones right to identify themselves however they wish to, and that right too has its limitations and restrictions, but none that suggest a person can’t say that they are either a man or a woman. The fact that some people find other peoples views and opinions offensive, is another matter entirely.

Advertisement