Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why can't we get e-pickups here?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭PaulRyan97

At current battery densities and costs, I don't think we're really ready for a BEV pickup.

A hybrid makes more sense, like the PHEV ranger. Even if Toyota managed to just shove the RAV4 Prime setup into a Hilux they'd be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭poker--addict

that childish response goes to show that a number of people owning some of these pointless large vehicles are engaged in some form of d**k sizing and swinging competition with themselves.

The fact is they are large, irish roads tend to be narrow compared to the American target market, so take up excessive road and parking space in our urban areas, and they bring increased risk to pedestrians which would become very evident if they were bought at scale here.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

As much as I like the RAV4 prime (having had two of them) i don’t think it could hold a candle to a diesel and a manual/auto as a tow car. I think it bad tow a ton and a half compared to 3.5 with most 4x4s.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

aren't talking about it the American 1t or 2t pickups.

Mostly it's the ones we already have here, eg the amarok, ford ranger, Hilux, Navara etc

They all are about 1800-1900mm wide

As is the EV6, id4, id3, even the nissan leaf is 1788mm wide.

They aren't any wider than most other cars.

An EV version of them, say 100kWh battery.

All would need is pull through charging points for pulling trailers.

Advertisement