Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S22 Launch Feb '22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

It's currently plugged in charging (was at 25% as I didn't charge last night) woke up yesterday with 100% and had to charge the phone again at 4pm to make it through the night but its getting the occasional top up through the cars wireless charging pad. I'll charge the phone to 100% now and let it get to single digits to see what sort of SOT I'm getting

We'll see here, Pixel 6 had fantastic battery but I returned for other reasons unfortunately. I'll give this a couple days as the phone is still "learning my usage patterns"

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

yes it's early days see how it goes in a week or so. According to GSM Arena the battery is better compared to pixel 6 so you should see better. I think the only Flagship that gets Significantly better battery life is the iphone 13 pro max. I don't think any other android phones going to see much better than what we'll get on s22+.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

How does the Trade In work? I received the S22 but didn't receive a box to send my old phone back for trade in. Do they need any paperwork to send it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

You will get a return envelope in the post shortly. I got the phone on Monday but haven't receive the trade in envelope yet.

It's very straightforward,you get everywhere you need from them but make sure you wipe the old phone and also that it's unlocked .

Just return the phone,no accessories and I usually send them back in the original box(doesn't have to be).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭masterboy123

You will get a return plastic bag and steps how to wipe your old phone.

You will also get a postage label which is not accepted by AnPost in my case. I have emailed them twice to send me another label but no response. I guess I will keep both phones 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Just as a reminder , in addition to the 10% Samsung code , go through Revolut for an additional 15% off .

Had a look and the offer is still there - works for the watch as well via Revolut .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

So managed to pick up the phone today. The S22 is quite small-should have tried to get a larger model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 littlebigman

Trade in

Samsung / Exertis send a prepaid envelope and label but it is only Freepost which is non trackable, as far as I can tell the barcode on the label is just an internal code for Exertis. An Post will not be able to scan this and it will go with standard letter post. If your trade in phone is valuable, you should pay extra for registered post or a courier service, and consider paying for the optional full insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sent my Note 10 plus back all grand.

I suppose above is a precaution. But I rolled the dice. Never had issues with An post tbh. Couriers now.... They're a different beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Buds on their way anyway

OK for free, but it's really the Tab Keyboard Cover I'd hope moves soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Mine wasn't approved until the 25th so fingers crossed they ship soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭feargantae

You don't need to pay for tracked postage or insurance. Just get An Post to send it for free and then ask for a Certificate of Posting. This'll cover you if anything happens.

I've traded in before and done this with zero issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭feargantae

Still no movement on mine so definitely not having it for the original estimate of tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Dante

Fully agree with this, very disappointed with the battery life on my s22+ so far. I'm getting very similar battery life to my S10+ which is very disappointing.

I'm not seeing any real benefits to the S22+ over my old S10+ so far tbh, starting to consider returning it.

I got an email from Samsung this morning saying by trade in has been processed . I posted it last Friday - pretty painless process to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ashley02

I had pre-ordered a S22+ but I don't think I'll go through with it at this stage because from all the things that I've read here and elsewhere, the battery & the screen just aren't good enough so I think I'll go in to the store and cancel the order, get a refund for the lot and possibly just get the iPhone 13 pro max or alternatively I can hold out for the iPhone 14 PM that comes out later this year.

I'm sick of stressing about battery life in the Samsung phones. I don't want to be charging twice a day (like I currently am with my S9+)

I don't know about the 22+ but I find the battery very good in the Ultra . Easily lasts the whole day .

It is much better than the s20+ I came from

• Advertisement

Same here and I came from the same phone as you. The screen is beautiful as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You can always use power saver mode if you need to as well. It's not really limiting in any really noticeable way, to me anyway, and it buys you some time until you get a chance charge it. But even without that it usually lasts the day for me easily on my Ultra.

I have been using the screen at the max display as well . At the start, I was checking if it would be hard on the battery and it's not.

Where as the S20 used to eat the battery with the screen at max so I had it turned down

I know you mean well but I never get this sort of view point. You're paying mega bucks for a brand new top of the range phone. You should never have to restrict features or performance to make it through a day. I actually have an iphone 12 for work which I genuinely charge twice a week and I'd be getting a 13 pro if it wasn't for my dislike of iOS.

Anyway, another day of 4hrs screen on time with the s22+ yesterday before it went dead and that's majority on wifi. I shudder to think what a 5G connection would do.

I'm hoping for some voodoo style magic here when the phone decides it finally knows my useage pattern.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm on the ultra, have used it a fair bit today, used it for satnav, hot-spot, videos, emails, browsing (even posting off it now) and I'm at 61% now, took it off charge around 7 this morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh to add, I've top video settings on as well as adaptive brightness, I'd agree that you shouldn't have to sacrifice performance on a brand new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I've a regular S22, still in battery learning mode( it says 24% available in the learning usage patterns window, whatever that means). Currently 25% battery left, 3hrs 45 screen time, 14 hours off time so almost 18 hours in total since last fully charged.

I do have a routine carried over from my last phone in which it puts it into battery saving mode from midnight until the morning which obviously adds a lot to that time, but I have windows phone companion running all through the work day which is the heaviest user at the moment.

It all depends how you use it I suppose, I'm not a heavy daily consumer of vids and games, don't need to if I'm at a desk full of screens all day, and never watched anything commuting anyway, just Spotify etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I guess that's fair enough and I didn’t mean to minimise the annoyance. It doesn't sound right though that it's going down that quickly unless there's a significant difference between the + and the ultra.

Potentially, especially given Hurraches feedback on his regular s22. My stats are not making any sense

This is the first time I've transferred all my data and settings to a new phone when setting it up. I doubt it's having an impact but maybe I should of done a clean set up.

Today is better tbh, I'm on 10% with 4.5hrs SOT but had two 10min sessions in the cars wireless charger earlier today so it's probably around the same in reality 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,203 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

First few days were pretty brutal in terms of battery life alright, as is expected, but I was getting a bit doubtful all the same as I was coming from a phone with a 4000 mAh battery but it seems to be settling into the same life.

Got the first notification today of all the apps it's putting into deep sleep to preserve battery life so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Won't really know until Monday as my usage is all over the place on a weekend.

Never thought I'd be bothered with 5G but where I do notice the advantage is in music streaming. I usually have all my apps set to max, ultra HD and so on with Tidal, and with 4G it wasn't always stable so for mobile data I'd have to drop to best available for a smooth stream. Left everything at max with this phone and been grand so far.

Advertisement