Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Rogan: "DMT DMT DMT DMT DMT"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Who the hell is John Joe my hip cats?

Or are DMT fans too fond of Joe Rogan? :)

I am a "fan" of neither. I have benefited a lot from both. They have their uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

He s talked alot of rubbish about vaccines, some famous us football player got covid, he contacted Joe to find out what medical treatment he should get . Yeah if I need medical advice the first thing I do is email a ransom podcaster, comedian. Rogan has a wide range of guests some are weird some are extreme Conservative idiots. I have, nt watched it since he left YouTube and went to Spotify. I think He is slightly on the negative side since he seems to cast doubt on real medical science and expertise . Not a good thing to do in the midst of a pandemic.

Post edited by riclad on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I agree the questioning vaccines was shaky moral territory but I enjoy the diversity of guests, and his BFF Lex Fridman's postcast is definitely one of the best in depth but palatable scientific channels on youtube, I think.

I don't know anyone else that's been able to pull off 2 x 2 hour long interviews with Elon Musk, or any kind of interview with Mike Tyson where violence hasn't become a distinct possibility.

The "Area 51 Bob Lazar" was awesome in its fantastical ludicrousy.

In other words I enjoy the charlatan aspect he embraces and legitimately questions and puts the screws to vs the conventional "ignore" response.

So yeah, much not to be taken seriously, but I guess we apply discretion.

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

He can get a wide range of guests as he had millions of fans, alot of Politicans would love to get on his podcast as it's free promotion, I think he just picks guests who he finds interesting, alot of podcasters just interview comedians actors or friends . It's strange he's like his character in Newsradio a 90s TV sitcom, who was willing to believe in strange conspiracy theory's .

I was watching back over that clip with Graham Hancock the british journalist just now;

The segment on psychedelic use begins at 47:00, but his general idea as to the benefits of psychedelics is time stamped on this clip

Some may know but Ireland has an entire enthusiastic subculture dedicated to these "altered states of consciousness".

Their kingdom is on reddit and called after a tree (in irish).

Question being, are there genuine societal benefits (potentially) to psychedelic use, as Graham points out, stepping outside of that day to day problem solving mindset, getting that perspective shift, then re-entering their daily cognitive state bearing in mind the altered psychedelic entities and perspectives they encountered?

Neglecting that,

"..... maybe that's one of the big mistakes we're making in our culture....."

I mean, the logic checks out.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia on Vice did an episode on it. A relatively handy compound to make with a bit of knowledge of organic chemistry.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement