Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Gameweek 19 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i'll wait till a male journalist says so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The less games they've to rearrange the better they'll be thinking. They'll struggle on and play as many as possible.

They probably got a bit complacent and were caught cold with the swift spread of this variant. Hopefully they can control some spread with proper measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Kane in for Lukaku.

Hoping to have a full starting line-up this week, have plummeted down the rankings the last couple of GWs.

Sanchez (Steer)

James, Dalot, Tsimskas (Duffy, Livramento)

Salah (capt), Silva, Raphina, Martinelli (saved my weekend from total embarassment) (Gilmour)

Ronaldo, Kane, Antonio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Maybe he meant to write "Mail", as in the Daily Mail, which would be almost as weird tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Like Shedite I think AFCON is in danger of postponement. PL/La Liga/Bundesliga never wanted their players to go anyway and this omnicron spread gives them the medical cover they need to not send the players. Clubs can now legitimately say players need to stay in their squad bubble rather than mixing with international team mates coming from all corners of Europe and Africa.

I wouldnt be without Salah v Leeds anyway, not after City put 7 past them and Arsenal 4. If he is going to AFCON I think he will still play the Jan 2nd fixture v Chelsea as his first game for Egypt is not until the 11th. Selling him before the Chelsea fixture is an option though, its an easy move to Son who plays Watford that week.

The other consideration at the start of January is the Chelsea defence, their schedule from Jan 2nd is Liverpool, City, Spurs and then 2 x blank gameweeks due to the Club World Cup. Im going to try to have 2 FTs going into that Jan 2nd gameweek so if I decide to sell Salah, James, Alonso that week it can be done in one go with just a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm not sure if you have seen Leeds recently but they literally have kids on the bench as their squad is stretched to the limit with injuries. They're badly missing Kalvin Phillips too, City and Arsenal tore them apart. I'd expect Liverpool to get at least 4 against them.

I wouldn't rate Leicesters defence highly either and Liverpool destroyed them last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭munster87

I’d trust a female journalist before someone without TAA in their squad 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

I see Foden and Grealish are in Peps bad books. I wonder what kind of effect it will have. They both might try and make a good impression and bang in some goals to say sorry.

Or they could both be dropped again for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Don't the two of those lads have 'form' for 'breach of discipline' either with England or in Grealish's case with a previous club.

Foden might find a way back due to his adaptability and quality - or as Pep says it 'kwal-il-tee between the lines'. It could be a long way back for Grealish though. He has been fairly underwhelming by his previous high standards at Villa.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

It was Foden and Greenwood on England duty. Foden's gf at home with their new born baby at the time

The English lads seem to be the worse, Kyle walker was out parting with a load of prostitutes during the first lock down and get a reprimand from Pep.

Was the Foden/Greenwood incident when they shagged two Icelandic girls on an England away trip in Iceland during Covid?

On this occasion the reports were that they both went out to a nightclub after the Leeds 7-0 and then showed up still pretty pissed to the training ground the morning after. Im guess they likely drove there too. Greaslish should know better, hes 26.

Hard to know what Pep will do about it from here, he has the luxury of being able to win games without either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How good has Martinelli looked?

I have Smith Rowe and Gallagher - would swapping him in for either be a sideways move or is he a much better pick?

Martinelli has looked great whenever I've seen him, best finisher at the club in my opinion. Gallagher safest for gametime, the Martinelli the most likely to score if they were all playing, ERS somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any thoughts on going for ESR or Martinelli?

Getting rid of Sissoko to have a stronger squad over the festive period.

ESR - not starting recently but still returning. Surely will be back in the team next time out? More expensive at 6.1

Martinelli - bang in form, superb finisher and seemingly more advanced. Cheaper too at 5.3. Surely no risk to rotation?

Want 1 Arsenal attacker for the Norwich game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

So about that Salah plan....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Nightmare !!

Salah, TAA, Jota, Raphinha, Dennis all with blanks this week in my team. Antonio is a doubt too.

What's everyone thinking of doing now for this GW? Might have to use one of my Free Hits now but I really wanted to save both of them for DGWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sitting tight.

Possibility of more games being off. Also an awful lot of teams will have a DGW22 so might be worth FH this week and aim towards having a good team for DGW22?

There is genuinely too much uncertainty to do anything before Stephen’s Day morning tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭touts

Salah to Son looks tempting now but won't call it until the very last minute and hope the website doesn't crash.

yeah thinking the same as was likely going to sell him before the Chelsea game anyway. It would mean not having him for Leicester who are really poor at the back but Son has some good fixtures. Its really annoying the Leeds game got cancelled, the Liverpool trio would have feasted on that fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

At least Son's game will be the 3.00 pm game, so it won't be after the first game of the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I will get rid of Watkins cos they have Chelsea and prob game off v Leeds. No idea who I bring in tho. Antonio would be the obvious choice but unsure he plays on 26

Yeah think Salah will be gone now for a few weeks, bring in Son or KDB, Salah back for Norwich at home in Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye actually thinking of broja myself, other strikers out will get the few games in and allow upgrade to son etc moving forward,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Son in for Salah and Bowen in for Raphina will give me 11 for this week. I read West Ham vs Watford is likely to go ahead next week so that makes Bowen a great option. I'll have money now to upgrade Lacazette to Ronaldo next week too.

The Watkins situation is annoying as apart from the Chelsea fixture which I likely would have benched him in he is not a bad hold due to a fair few good fixtures coming up. Id prefer hold him through these two but I can see why some will sell for Broja or Antonio. Have got a Foden shaped heachache too with not knowing if Pep is still freezing him out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As it stands I'm down TAA, Salah, Jota and King. If there are no more postponements I can have 11 players via my FT but I'd be forced to field players with tough fixtures like Gallagher and Watkins, and Brownhill who may not start. Not confident my Chelsea double defence will do the business this time either.

My options as it stands appear to be 1) Free Hit 2) sell King for Broja 3) sell Salah for Son.

I've a feeling more games are going to fall before the deadline.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

With only two games off currently I may still have 11 to play although that includes Antonio and Tomiyasu flagged as doubtful. A playing sub seems worth using my free transfer on. Was hoping to bank to start to work towards exiting Chelsea defense with their tough run of fixtures and blanks incoming but still have Salah and Dennis probably going to AFCON that since they now blank this weeks could be worth moving on. Already over 76,000 have sold Salah this week and Dennis has his ownership trending down as well. If all the games remaining go ahead I think a free hit might not help a whole lot so that leaves replacing Salah or Dennis with the free transfer. Decision for close to deadline but maybe Salah to Son or De Bruyne, or Dennis to Wilson.

Advertisement