Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Gameweek 19 Transfer Thread

• 18-12-2021 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭

This could be a very quiet thread I'd say.

I'm looking at all my players out for Omicron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Don't think I'll even bother at this stage

Taking hits and ending up with 8 players last week and even 6 or less this week

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I'll get an itchy trigger finger holding my transfer week... at the moment i actually have a decent looking bench boost option...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Benimar

I suspect ‘events’ might sort that for you!

no idea what my transfer will be, but it will be made bleary eyed on Stephen’s Day and not before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That 11am transfer deadline is gonna be a kicker. No way I'm gonna be up for that. Might have to make my transfer when steamed at 4am. Drunk transfers never go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

Another last minute job. Feels strange ignoring the price movements until then but it's got to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yep, ignore till Sunday morning to let any cancellations play out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

It would be fairer if they suspended price movements until the uncertainty of next week's fixtures going ahead is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

**Ignored

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll roll this week but it might mean playing with 10. Will have to start looking at the Chelsea situation for January, they run into tricky fixtures starting with Liverpool, City, Spurs before they then blank for two game weeks in a row due to the Club World Cup. So Im thinking of getting off them before the Liverpool & City fixtures as they dont return to the PL until February 19th.. Also waiting to see what Salahs situation is, he is likely to miss at least two gameweeks.

Nah, leave the impatient ones to make their transfers early, all the more benefit for the rest of us when games are called off later

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Just wondering what are the chances the United newcastle game will be off too?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭duefrine

Premier League clubs will discuss at Monday’s emergency meeting whether to postpone a round of festive matches due to the #COVID19 situation. Gameweek 20 (28/29/30 Dec) most likely, amid player welfare concerns.

https://t.me/Fantasy_Premier_League/16960

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah I looked at the team I would like around gw25. Everton nice run of fixtures soon. Will be a lot of changes. Tempted by DCL soon as he is fit.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

DCL is such a streaky striker, last season got 11 in the first 11 then 5 in the last 27.

This year started like more of the same, 3 in 3 (though 2 were penalties). I'd like to see him hit form again before buying. The fixtures do look lovely though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

Made an early transfer last week (by early I mean the night before the deadline) and got burnt. Took a hit for Foden also which didn’t work so a bit wary of transfers right now

I don’t have Cancelo so that’s looking like my transfer at the moment, but waiting for news like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Mané out, Jota back in.

I rolled the dice on Mané a few weeks ago and it hasn't worked as hoped.

I'm happy with my squad. Locadia is the only dud I have but given the state of forwards this season, I'm gonna keep him.

I have 3.8m in the bank and thinking of upgrading Sanchez in goal but will hold off on that until after the Brentford game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah he can be streaky but with a lack of good forward options Im considering getting him straight away for his return.He wont be fully match fit but he does have good aerial threat from corners and set pieces and should be on penalties too. Ive Lacazette in that spot and after watching him v Leeds decided he is very much a sticking plaster until the return of DCL or Bamford. Possibility for Ings too but already have Watkins so not that keen on a double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

waiting on news but i need trent so probably silva and someone else for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Call me mad, but.

Is there scope for this GW to look into a Salah plan, pre-AFCON.

Currently, he has 3 more GWs before AFCON. Leeds at home being very attractive, but the Leicester & Chelsea away. If they go ahead. That Leicester game may be the midweek round of fixtures that gets postponed across the whole PL. If it does go ahead, there is 2 games in 3 days so there is possibilities for mass rotation there too. He might get 2 starts but they both might be 60 mins games. If the dates for the AFCON move, he will also miss the Chelsea game.

I bought at 12.5 and currently is 13.1 so I can sell at 12.8. He might get sold a lot during AFCON which could see him fall back to 13.0 or 12.9 ish. So I would only 'lose' 0.1 or 0.2 but gain a player.

A window to get KDB/Sterling/Bruno in, and Tsimikas too while he is nailed at 3.7.

It's basically hoping that Salah has an off day against Leeds, or doesn't go too mad at the least and then covering yourself for the other 1 (or 2 if it goes ahead) fixtures.

Those postponements and hits have screwed me and now I'm here, out of frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭thefallingman

hard to know fitz but i won't be selling till he's gone (salah to afcon) he's just too good to not have

Maybe I'm just getting sucked in by the Tsimikas 3.7 and needing a Liverpool spot.

Maybe it's better suited to GW20 and beyond. We'll have more clarity on postponements etc later today and this week anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Ozvaldo

The obvious play is to get rid of Salah pre nations then use your wild card to get him back in

If GW20 is postponed Tsimikas 3 games will be the Carabao Cup, Leeds and Chelsea. Not sure he’s worth freeing up a Liverpool spot for him, and even less sure about using Salah as the ‘make weight’

That's a good point.

I'm glad I have written it down, rather than following through with that plan. It was mad after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

No. Red card bans in the league carry over to the CC.

I have a feeling the AFCON might be a casualty of Covid. Nothing to back that up other than my own suspicions. They could move it back to June and everyone would be happier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭steve_r

BBC journalist so hopefully reliable. The thing is we don’t really know what situation each club is in I.e it could be carry on as before and some games getting pulled

Advertisement