Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 15 Thread

Options
  • 16-12-2021 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday Night 1.20am

Chiefs @ Chargers

Saturday 9.30pm

Raiders @ Browns

Saturday Night 1.15am

Patriots @ Colts

Sunday 6pm

Jets @ Dolphins

Panthers @ Bills

Cardinals @ Lions

Washington @ Eagles

Titans @ Steelers

Texans @ Jaguars

Cowboys @ Giants

Sunday 9.05pm

Falcons @ 49ers

Bengals @ Broncos

Sunday 9.25pm

Seahawks @ Rams

Packers @ Ravens

Sunday Night 1.20am

Saints @ Buccaneers

Monday Night 1.15am

Vikings @ Bears

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

125-83 for the season

Chiefs @ Chargers 

Raiders @ Browns 

Patriots @ Colts 

Jets @ Dolphins 

Panthers @ Bills 

Cardinals @ Lions 

Washington @ Eagles 

Titans @ Steelers 

Texans @ Jaguars 

Cowboys @ Giants 

Falcons @ 49ers 

Bengals @ Broncos 

Seahawks @ Rams 

Packers @ Ravens 

Saints @ Buccaneers 

Vikings @ Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

131 - 77 overall

Chiefs @ Chargers 

Raiders @ Browns 

Patriots @ Colts 

Jets @ Dolphins 

Panthers @ Bills 

Cardinals @ Lions 

Washington @ Eagles 

Titans @ Steelers 

Texans @ Jaguars 

Cowboys @ Giants 

Falcons @ 49ers 

Bengals @ Broncos 

Seahawks @ Rams 

Packers @ Ravens 

Saints @ Buccaneers 

Vikings @ Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

129-79 coming in:

Chiefs @ Chargers 

Raiders @ Browns 

Patriots @ Colts 

Jets @ Dolphins 

Panthers @ Bills 

Cardinals @ Lions 

Washington @ Eagles 

Titans @ Steelers 

Texans @ Jaguars 

Cowboys @ Giants 

Falcons @ 49ers 

Bengals @ Broncos 

Seahawks @ Rams 

Packers @ Ravens 

Saints @ Buccaneers 

Vikings @ Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭cosatron

10-4 last week, 123-85 for the year

Chiefs @ Chargers 

Raiders @ Browns 

Patriots @ Colts 

Jets @ Dolphins 

Panthers @ Bills 

Cardinals @ Lions 

Washington @ Eagles 

Titans @ Steelers 

Texans @ Jaguars 

Cowboys @ Giants 

Falcons @ 49ers 

Bengals @ Broncos 

Seahawks @ Rams 

Packers @ Ravens 

Saints @ Buccaneers 

Vikings @ Bears

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

126-82

Chiefs @ Chargers 

Raiders @ Browns 

Patriots @ Colts 

Jets @ Dolphins 

Panthers @ Bills 

Cardinals @ Lions 

Washington @ Eagles 

Titans @ Steelers 

Texans @ Jaguars 

Cowboys @ Giants 

Falcons @ 49ers 

Bengals @ Broncos 

Seahawks @ Rams 

Packers @ Ravens 

Saints @ Buccaneers 

Vikings @ Bears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,646 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fancy a high scoring Chargers win tonight with Ekeler playing a huge part.

I think Kelce is going to have a big game too against the Chargers defense which is soft in the middle.

Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That injury would really suck the fun out of you for the rest of the game.

Scary situation, he looked stiff as a board being stretchered off, it really didn't look good for the poor guy.

**** me, not a nice sight. Parham Jr taken off on a backboard. His head took some wallop

So Chargers got success with the run early, get it deep in the red zone and throw it four times to turn it over to the Chiefs on their own five and they go the length of the field to score a touchdown. 7-0 Chiefs after an impressive opening drive for them.

Chargers may be down two players already in Parham and Mike Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Really good first quarter on both sides of the ball for the Chiefs.

• Advertisement

Chargers go in at the half up by four but two fourth down stops by the Chiefs inside the five could be the difference by the end of the game.

This analytics thing they keep talking about is stupid. They are bad mathematicians because it appears they don't consider the defensive numbers. It's also stupid not to take the three points right at the end of the half to give your team a touchdown lead.

Great game to watch, the absence of Chris Jones is really being felt I think. Big stop to end the half after Mahomes made a big error (again).

No Jones, no Sneed, no Gay and the Chiefs defense keeps coming up big. Nick Bolton is seriously good for a 21-year-old.

Mahomes turnover again, he's got the yips of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Chargers score a TD to go up 20-13. They choose to kick the extra point. Surely going for the 2pt conversion is the play for a chance to make it a two score game? Happy with the fact you're already up 7.

Well, it's lived up to the hype anyway.

TRAVIS KELCE WALK OFF TOUCHDOWN!!! Wow, 191 yards and 2 TDs for the big man. What a game and what a win!

Chargers lost that due to their belief in analytics.

I'm a firm believer in maths but only when used in conjunction with common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well I only saw half of the fourth quarter and overtime such as it was but when in the game did the analytics screw the chargers ? I’ll go back and watch it. I think analytics is being used at times to cover bad decisions. “Well the analytics said…” instead of doing what your gut and instinct as a football coach is telling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where was the lack of common sense?

Only questionably play I could see was the one before the half to go up by 7 if they had kicked the field go,other then that, all the others are exactly what they have done all year.

• Advertisement

they left 9 points out there going for it on fourth down in the first half alone and could've went in 23-10 up a half time if they kicked the field goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think they made the correct calls on those 4th down attempts. The issue is not being able to get into the end zone from 1st and goal from the 5 on 3 separate occasions.

They just need better play calls and better execution but I like the calls, but you really need to be punching it in in those scenarios.

but in the context of the game it was a mistake, and every news outlet says as much, it was a low scoring first half and points were critical. i had no problem with going for it on the first 4th down but other 2 should've had kicked the point. Now the chargers won't win the division.

I'm sorry but you've made no argument for them going for it on fourth down there. Just because you like it doesn't make it the right decision.

The analytics being used doesn't take into account the team's conversion rate or the other team's success rate against it.

This year it's a bad call going for it all season on the road against the Packers, Saints, Chargers and Cards. It's at best a break even call, points wise, statistically against the 49ers, Broncos, Bucs and Patriots.

At home you don't want to do it against the Bengals, Steelers, Seahawks, Broncos or Bills.

Over the last six weeks you don't want to do it against the Chiefs, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots or Cards.

The Chargers have a 57.69% conversion rate on fourth downs this season but their average points on drives where they convert a fourth down is 2.63.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As long as your hitting 50% of the time it makes sense to go for it in that situation down near the goal line.7 points instead of 6 for every 2 possessions.

I'm sure in retrospect you can say its a mistake in this game but generally you are not beating the chiefs kicking field goals from inside the 5 yard line. They just need to be better than not getting it in in 4 attempts from the 5 yard line.

As I said they are averaging under 3 points per drive where they go for it on fourth down and that's not even taking the opposition's defensive stats into consideration.

Last six games tells you it's a big no, no to go for it against the Chiefs on fourth down. Success rate in that period is only 25% before last night's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I can't say I see the Chiefs as genuine SB contenders, but they're somehow holding the #1 seed, and based off the remaining fixtures, they're probably favourites to keep it. Thought the Chargers should've won handy enough tbh but they didn't even come close to putting the Chiefs away. That walk-off TD by Kelce was just pure class too.

Just on this, even in that drive there was a lot if stupidity shown. Running plays got you there and then you go pass on four downs. Makes zero sense.

Chiefs are my favourites to win it and I'm a Patriots fan. We have a lot of inexperience as regards playoff football, they've been to the last two and won one.

On the NFC side it's going to be very tough to make it. I think the four divisional winners and the Rams, or Cards if they finish the season badly, are all dangerous teams with tough defenses. I can see the team that comes through being well battered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Raiders and Browns moved to Monday at 10pm. Washington/Eagles and Seahawks/Rams moved to Tuesday night at 12am

Post edited by paulie21 on

Advertisement